shape
carat
color
clarity

Better Sooner than Later.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I have avoided posting becuase I don''t have pictures -and I know a picture is better than a thousand words.

We made our engagement official over the weekend (Saturday was Ring Day). Yea!

Since my daughter graduates from HS in early June, we wanted to avoid anything too close to then (not wanting to upstage her - she has worked so hard, gotten such amazing grades and goes off to a great college next year). And let me tell you, when teenage daughter is unhappy, EVERYONE is unhappy...

So BF got on the horn and arranged for expedited completion of the setting and it was supposed to be ready by Friday & we made celebration plans for Saturday.

The ring never arrived from the manufacturer so I was all in tears on Saturday, but BF saved the day by having jeweler put stone into a loaner standard Tiffany setting. It made our celebration even more special because he was so sensitive to my admittedly melodramatic needs. Then, the ring showed up on Monday, jeweler made a speedy swap and I got to have one more romantic dinner & mushy celebration.

I''ll post pic''s & spec''s soon.

It''s kinda like a cross between a Vatche x-prong and Royal Crown (a cathedral setting with a trellis basket) in yellow gold. The stone is 1.004 carat, J color, I1 clarity (totally eyeclean, to me anyway!) and the cut scored 2.7 on HCA. It sparkles a lot especially the colors.

Woo Hoo!!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Sounds fabulous! I can't wait to see more yellow gold! I am starting to get back to my roots, when I used to wear more yellow gold. It can be so warm and rich looking...
love.gif

Congrats to you both, and isn't it wonderful to have such a wonderful guy who knows your weaknesses and litle eccentricities and LOVES you for them?!
naughty.gif
9.gif

All the best to you both and congrats to your daughter on her graduation!

We will give you a reprieve on the pictures, but make sure you take some quick...we are going through withdrawl and this is just teasing...
2.gif
9.gif

wallace

Shiny_Rock
What a sweet BF - and a sweet story! Congratulations on your engagement! I don't think you sounded melodramatic at all. Of course you wanted to wear your ring! Weekend chore - PICS (What a chore)! Enjoy!!!
appl.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
That is such a sweet story. Congrats and post pics. LOL BTW, great accomplishment for your daughter (congrats on keeping your sanity through it.) Around my house it's: When Mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy. (originally from Texas, hence the lingo)
9.gif
I just can't wait to see pics of that gorgeous ring.

Shay

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your ring. And, Congrats on your daughters good grades, entrance into a great college & her upcoming College adventure. Credit is always due to parents/parent.

...and yep, pics are mandatory.
9.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations to another J colour owner
5.gif
Pics please and happy beautiful ring wearing!
2.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I have tried to upload a couple pictures, but I get an error message. Maybe the files are too big? It says the limit is 100,000 bytes and my jpg images range from 295KB to 523KB.
Also, with all the new viruses going around, I won't be able to use my work computer for R&R anymore (I used to read pricescope while I waited for the computer to process my reports)

So if anybody has any helpful hints, I'll try again during eve/weekend soon.

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
try resizing them in photoshop or the camera software that came with your digital camera. i reduced most of my pics to 50% of their original size.
Can't wait to see them!
Colleen

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Actually wanted to help u downsize the pics but I just noticed your other post with pics. Gorgeous
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results