color
clarity

Bestie wants a Spess. Please help!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
C7599778-D2D2-46F4-AC36-80325124F5BE.jpeg
As asked for, I somehow made a proper photo after 5 shots. :lol-2:

@T L please let us know what we should be looking for by using this as an example. I am still learning and it is much appreciated. (Of course, you don’t have to.)
Color is subjective, and to me that is a coppery Madeira citrine looking spessartite. If she likes that color, it should be less expensive than the more orange hues. It should be clean and well cut, as to not impede sparkle.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Color is subjective, and to me that is a coppery Madeira citrine looking spessartite. If she likes that color, it should be less expensive than the more orange hues. It should be clean and well cut, as to not impede sparkle.

Thank you! That is very helpful.

Reactions: T L

voce

Ideal_Rock
I'm sending them all to her. She likes this reddy orange colour and is always buying dresses in that colour. Definately not brown though. I think a bright orange red but not brown.

She likes fanta too. She's into orange :lol:

The colour of an actual orange would be good too.
I think others have already linked the ones I would have. In my experience browsing online, the more red there is, the more brown there is. I think this is because the reddish orange is caused by a mix of red garnet (which turns brown) and the clearer orange. If red is favored, be forewarned red and brown go hand in hand except for the stones that get it exactly right in the proportion of the mix between red and orange, as in the heart-shaped one that @ChaiK owns. For my own part I'd rather go for something less red but clean, like this one I bought from GranGem:
il_794xN.1364765670_pwdj.jpg

Oh, I guess Mike at Gran Gem has two available:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/550719...-nigerian?ref=shop_home_active_18&pro=1&frs=1
https://www.etsy.com/listing/684944...-brilliant?ref=shop_home_active_5&pro=1&frs=1

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

@T L please let us know what we should be looking for by using this as an example. I am still learning and it is much appreciated. (Of course, you don’t have to.)
If this is the target color, i’ve seen a reasonable amount of citrine rough for sale lately that looks very similar. Might be another option

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock

Oh, I love:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much ladies.

She's made enquiries about 2 of the stones posted. One has sold since last night!!! I'll let you guys know if she locks something down!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought this orange one and have yet to set it.

ChaiK-s spess (2).jpg

Not to hijack the thread but this spess has the perfect color and deserves to be set. =)2

@ChaiK is the stone big enough for a pendant? If so, I see a simple diamond halo and a piece that will draw admiring glances from across the room! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okies ladies she's waiting to lock down something one of you ladies posted.

Now she wants a matching pair for earrings. I'm gonna kill her. Please help!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Arkieb1 has a small pair of spess hearts.......

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to let you guys know I send through ALL your links so your efforts are not in vain!

Thank you!!!!!

Thanks @Rfisher! I have a special dread of finding matching pairs of anything except jade which is cut in pairs often enough.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sukrita runs the retail section of Prima Gems and has beautiful spessies that are not listed on her Etsy shop. You could message her on Etsy if your friend is still looking.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AureliaGems

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just looked and it is available. It was not last night. Tell her to check again!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From what I’ve experienced - litnon s site doesn’t update from a sale quickly.

polarisfire

Rough_Rock
I think there's a PSer selling a couple loose Spessartite right now in the cafe if you wanna look in there. None of them are round though.

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Won’t lie
I want this
I want to set it fabulously
But I wouldn’t wear it.
:cry2:
That one has good color but is included. Hence the $79 price for a 2 ct spess

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium