shape
carat
color
clarity

Best wireless phone with Internet Access

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I searched the forum threads, but the most recent thread on this was in 2006, and we all know how fast technologies change.

Just curious....

What phone will give me access to my email AND the internet (pricescope on my phone? oh the joy....SMTR whenever I''m feeling low...lol) for a relatively low price?

I only use about 250 to 400 minutes a month on my cell phone. I''m currently with Verizon, but my line is linked to my DH''s line (9.99 a month) but his work picks up his phone (I pay my measly $10). I heard they are no longer going to reimburse indivudual employees phones & do his phone out of corporate, so I won''t be bound by any contracts and can go anywhere.

Decent providers where I live:

Verizon
AT&T Wireless. (formerly Cingular, formerly AT&T wireless, I formerly worked there...lol)
Tmobile
Sprint
Nextel

THANKS!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Oh and a caledar/contacts would be fab, but not a deal breaker!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Blackberry phone; I think it is the 8830 (or maybe the 8820?). My service is with Sprint and you can get unlimited e-mail and internet for $39.99/month on top of whatever other minutes package you have. The Blackberry itself was about $150 I think after all the coupons and rebates. It is a little wide but very thin so I can put it right in my wallet or pocket.

And YES you can surf PS on it!!! I have done some MANY times... at the emergency vet clinic in the middle of the night... at a slow open house... you name it. One caveat though, I cannot seem to POST to PS on it. I can get the point of actually logging in and type a message but when I try to submit I get a message that Javascript is not enabled and therefore the function I'm requesting can not be completed (or something like that). So, if you want to browse AND post it might take a little more investigation to get a good phone option.

As for calendar and contacts, I sinc the thing up to my laptop and everything just feeds right in. I don't love looking at my calendar on the Blackberry though because anything larger than a day is just too small and basically useless to me, but in a pinch it works.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
my hubby has the i-phone and it can do all of that stuff. He''s never surfed PS on it, but I have
9.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I like my Bf''s Motorola Q. The web looks a little scratchy on screen - just a little, but I don''t know what to compare it to.
I''ve never tried to post. Maybe I''ll try tonight.

The one thing that bugs me though is the contact list for phone contacts is separate from texting. So you can''t just pull up John Smith and text him. It''s an entirely different database. That drives me nutso!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/29/2008 3:51:23 PM
Author: Starset Princess

The one thing that bugs me though is the contact list for phone contacts is separate from texting. So you can''t just pull up John Smith and text him. It''s an entirely different database. That drives me nutso!
On my phone when you pull up a contact it gives you the option of texting, calling (and you can select from any of the numbers that you have in there for them, e.g., if you have home and work, that sort of thing), and e-mailing.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I have to say I love love LOVE my iPhone. I have never been happier with a phone.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a fan of my iPhone, especially because the software is pretty infinitely upgradable. Especially with the SDK coming out within the next week, it''s a good time to buy. I''ve had mine since last July and still really enjoy it.

You can''t post to PS on it, though. It''s not iPhone specific, it''s a problem with Safari (the internet browser provided both on mac computers and the iPhone) on the Leopard operating system.

Read some specifications of what''s available and be VERY honest with yourself about your needs. Don''t be seduced by the iPhone and ignore its limitations (which it does have). Many people have made that mistake and end up being unhappy with it, but for reasons that they should have been aware of before buying (no document editing, no voice dialing, etc. etc... though those are features that could potentially be on their way in a future update).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results