shape
carat
color
clarity

Best way to shop replacement settings

ilmaestro

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

My wife and I want to look around for a replacement setting for her solitaire engagement set (keeping the diamond) and I just wanted to get some tips on how to go about things. When we bought her set it was all online and painless since we purchased from GOG. Not having to deal with a local chain jeweler was a plus. For a replacement though, I'm having trouble finding pricing on some settings online (Stuller) and am wondering what's the best route - just go into some physical stores or are there some online options?

FYI - We basically want to replace the original setting because the white gold is yellowing fast after being redipped and we're already kinda tired of it. So switching to platinum or palladium would be good and also we'd be able to get a slightly different style setting, perhaps a tiffany style.

Any advice is appreciated.

Jonathan

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
You could get quotes on Stuller settings from the local or online jewelers. Not sure if every PS vendor works with Stuller. I only know Wink does. Wink owns High Performance Diamonds.

ilmaestro

Rough_Rock
I thought the PS quote thing was just for stones? We just need a new setting.

It's the going to the local jeweler part that I actually am hesitating with since they're sucked so much in the past when we've visited.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Many online vendors, not necessarily PS vendors, can quote Stuller settings without stones. Just tell the vendor the item number of the settings you are interested in, as well as metal preference and setting size.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
You can get just the setting from a vendor. Perhaps find a few that you like can contact them and ask about process to reset. There may be a setting fee.

ilmaestro

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the responses. I'll give that a try.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results