shape
carat
color
clarity

Best way to sell unwanted/outdated rings?

BrimstoneTwo

Shiny_Rock
I have several rings that I am considering selling on as scrap gold. There is nothing wrong with any of them other than normal wear and being unwanted.

The set on my pinkie is 14K white gold and has a small, unremarkable diamond. I am guessing that it was purchased in 1965 based on family history.

The two on my ring finger are from the early 90's and purchased at Costco. Neither were expensive. 14K and 10K.

The two tone on my middle finger is 14K. I don't know it's history but I highly doubt that's a diamond. The emerald one is 10K.

Are any of these worth marketing on or should I just sell them for scrap gold? It's easier to do the latter but there is a prt of me that thinks it's a shame to destroy them if they would be loved again.

I don't know anything about the second hand jewellery market though. Opinions appreciated.

IMG_3853.JPG IMG_3854.JPG
IMG_3855.JPG IMG_3856.JPG

BrimstoneTwo

Shiny_Rock
Also, if this is the wrong place for this post, do let me know. :)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's a preloved section further down, you could always try there before scrapping them.

Maria Lee

Rough_Rock
I am new but I would suggest to do it online and not with a pawn shop. Usually, pawn shops offer bad deals for nice gold rings.

Maria Lee

Rough_Rock
If you are interested I can try finding the records from my jewelry selling activities in 2016. I got paid an amazing price from an online buyer but forgot about the name.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results