shape
carat
color
clarity

Best way to re-sell jewelry

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all,

I have an engagement ring and diamond earrings that I want to sell in order to buy something else. I read Richard Sherwood's post from 2002 about what to expect when reselling jewelry, but wanted to see what some of your experiences were. I don't need the cash, I would just really like to get something beautiful with the money I gain. If any of you have re-sold some of your jewelry, where did you go and was it a good experience? I am wary of going to a pawn shop and don't have any local auction houses here. I thought ebay might be good, but have never sold anything there. Any suggestions or past experiences would be appreciated. Thanks!

*M*

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
You might also look at having someone sell it on consignment. If you're in an area where there are shops that handle that, it's worth talking to them. (I bought a beautiful pair of South Sea pearl & diamond earrings at a consignment shop once, great experience.) Online, Erica Grace is a possibility: http://jewelsbyericagrace.com/home. Some of our other vendors have things for sale that I'm pretty sure are consigned - maybe others know who does it.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your suggestion. There are a couple of small consignment shops here that I could check into, although I don't recall ever seeing jewelry in any of them. Erica Grace sounds like a possible alternative to ebay...I'll check it out. Thanks again!

cl600500

Rough_Rock
sell on EBAY!!!, do not try to negotiate with a jewelry store.........they buy their diamonds and gold wholesale to supply a store. why would they pay top dollar for your stuff when they could make it for cheaper?!??

think business, dont be stupid with your diamonds and gold or you will be a sorry person when you get 1/4 of what you paid and you could have sold it on ebay for atleast 50% at the worst

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I've bought a lot of jewelry off of ebay but only sold a few times. It is a huge hassle dealing with the constant non-paying winning bidders, I don't envy the professionals who make their living off ebay. My preferred outlet to re-sell is a free classified site for diamonds which I can't link to here since it's administrators also host a jewelry forum. There, the buyers and sellers are mostly people already known to each other on pricescope so they are respectful of each other's time and have some established trust.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1310038583|2963622 said:
You might also look at having someone sell it on consignment. If you're in an area where there are shops that handle that, it's worth talking to them. (I bought a beautiful pair of South Sea pearl & diamond earrings at a consignment shop once, great experience.) Online, Erica Grace is a possibility: http://jewelsbyericagrace.com/home. Some of our other vendors have things for sale that I'm pretty sure are consigned - maybe others know who does it.

I've gone through jewels by erica grace and personally would use them again 100 times over before ebay.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results