shape
carat
color
clarity

best way to clean asscher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chilihoo

Rough_Rock
Its been 3 months since I proposed and feel the need to clean the ring.
I know asschers tend to get dirtier sooner than others.
Just trying to figure out the best way to keep it clean and safe from damage.

I''ve been hearing about ultrasonic jewerly cleaner and some home remedies of people using toothpaste and soft toothbrush. Or soaking it in soapy water for a long time.

What''s the best way to clean it?

thanks and happy holidays.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have an asscher... However, most people here rave about their ultrasonics. I''m fine with the red amonia based cleaner and a toothbrush. Personally, I think the most important thing after cleaning a ring and throughout the day is keeping the table clean. Even if this means rubbing it with a cotton shirt, I think it really helps the sparkle.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
need to know the setting details to say.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I won''t comment on the US cleaners, as I''ve only had one brand and wasn''t impressed, just ordered a different one.

However, there''s no reason, no matter what your setting is, to not soak it in hot water with a little Dawn dish liquid. Occasionally I throw in a little amonia for an extra kick. Softly scrub with a small toothbrush (I bought a childrens), rinse well, blow dry with a dryer.

To keep your diamond looking it''s best, this should be done at least a few times a week. I clean mine every day.
2.gif

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
need to get the "people grease" off. dishwashing liquid in some warm water. soft paintbrush to get underneath.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2006 4:12:38 AM
Author: strmrdr
need to know the setting details to say.

i agree. If you have a plain setting, I''d suggest an ultrasonic. If you have a pave setting, some dishwashing soap and a toothbrush will make a huge different. Also Wink Jones of Winfields (a pricescope vendor) sells some special jewelry cleaner that is supposed to be excellent so you might look into that as well
1.gif

chilihoo

Rough_Rock
the setting is asscher center stone and 6 princess cut side stones on each side.
white gold.

thanks.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A little Dawn in warm water and maybe a squirt of Windex and a soft brush is all you need! I cleaned my rings with Windex and water for years. There have been people who have lost little pave stones in an ultrasonic, so you have to be careful depending on how your stones are set. I also use jars of jewelry cleaner that jewelers carry.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
If you have time to soak it, great, then rinse well with water to get rid of all the residue....but the best way to clean the diamond/table is with a q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol...run it over the diamond, use it to clean the whole ring...it works great!!! Suggested by my jeweler, who used to work for the GIA- that is how they clean their diamonds....
2.gif
gets my EC squeaky clean and sparkling like mad!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2006 9:20:16 AM
Author: chilihoo
the setting is asscher center stone and 6 princess cut side stones on each side.

white gold.

thanks.

i''d probably ask a jeweler to be sure if the ultrasonic would be safe. that''s the best method IMO if you setting can handle it. If not, then I would definitley look into the stuff wink sells. here''s the link:
http://www.winkjones.com/xcart/customer/home.php?cat=266

I''m thinking of ordering some for my sister:

i love what it says on the site about the "cookie dough"

The blue liquid will take all of the accumulated "cookie dough" off the back of your stones. Since it is not ammonia based, it will not cause your jewelry to tarnish if it is left in the liquid too long.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/29/2006 9:32:20 AM
Author: Dani
If you have time to soak it, great, then rinse well with water to get rid of all the residue....but the best way to clean the diamond/table is with a q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol...run it over the diamond, use it to clean the whole ring...it works great!!! Suggested by my jeweler, who used to work for the GIA- that is how they clean their diamonds....
2.gif
Good tip, Dani! This would be especially good for people who have a problem with water spots on their stones.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2006 9:59:34 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Date: 12/29/2006 9:32:20 AM
Author: Dani
2.gif
Good tip, Dani! This would be especially good for people who have a problem with water spots on their stones.
Thanks, DS!!! This works great for me, b/c I do have an US, but I also have pave on my ring, so I only use it maybe once every 2 months to give the ring a real thorough cleaning...But in between, this is how I clean my ring- and believe me, I am so OCD about keeping my diamond sparkly, I clean it almost every day I wear it....if I have time I soak it first in warm water with a little dishwashing soap, then rinse, then alcohol it up!! Works very well!!!
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use alcohol too sometimes, and yes, it really makes the diamond sparkly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results