shape
carat
color
clarity

Best vendors when looking for unheated pink sapphires?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When looking for a hot pink untreated sapphire, which vendors would you suggest as offering a good selection?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it very hard to locate unheated sapphires. I see that most are heated which I know is common practice to enhance the color.

Please explain to me what and why the difference in value between unheated and heated.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bright ice|1306347737|2930021 said:
Is it very hard to locate unheated sapphires. I see that most are heated which I know is common practice to enhance the color.

Please explain to me what and why the difference in value between unheated and heated.

Actually, I would go with a heated sapphire, as it seems that unheated ones are difficult to find as well in hot pink color.

Heating is just that, they're heated, so that unwanted modifiers, like grey or brown, are removed and the color then appears more vibtant. Some heating at even higher temperatures allows certain elements to be diffused into the stone to make them appear for more desirable. I would avoid those. For any heated sapphire, get an AGL report, and make the sale contigent upon the fact that is untreated or only heated, and nothing else (no diffusion).

Jason of Selectgem has a very pretty pink heated sapphire for sale now, around 3.6 carats It's more of a delicate shade of pink, but it is really really pretty and very well priced. You get a lot more bang for your money I think. You can find him through FB (search "selectgem"). I cannot give the link due to forum rules, so I hope no one buys it from under you. :Up_to_something: :angryfire: He also has tons of sources, and he may be able to find you something to your liking if that sold

He's a very reputable dealer and will ship gems to the lab of your choice in the United States. I would insist on an AGL.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Palagems have gorgeous stones. They are trade only so no prices on their website, but lots of choice and it's worth asking a jeweller to call and find out what they have and the prices for you. Their stones are stunning.

My e-ring stone was from them and I've had 3 or 4 others including sapphires that are just incredible.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1306348139|2930031 said:
bright ice|1306347737|2930021 said:

Actually, I would go with a heated sapphire, as it seems that unheated ones are difficult to find as well in hot pink color.

Heating is just that, they're heated, so that unwanted modifiers, like grey or brown, are removed and the color then appears more vibtant. Some heating at even higher temperatures allows certain elements to be diffused into the stone to make them appear for more desirable. I would avoid those. For any heated sapphire, get an AGL report, and make the sale contigent upon the fact that is untreated or only heated, and nothing else (no diffusion).

Jason of Selectgem has a very pretty pink heated sapphire for sale now, around 3.6 carats It's more of a delicate shade of pink, but it is really really pretty and very well priced. You get a lot more bang for your money I think. You can find him through FB (search "selectgem"). I cannot give the link due to forum rules, so I hope no one buys it from under you. :Up_to_something: :angryfire: He also has tons of sources, and he may be able to find you something to your liking if that sold

He's a very reputable dealer and will ship gems to the lab of your choice in the United States. I would insist on an AGL.

I can't seem to locate it?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jason's phone number is 770-954-0135. He can email you a link to it. Search FB with "select gem" with a space in between. Here's a pic of the stone. It might not be hot pink enough for you, but at least hopefully, it won't turn muddy orange, and cost you an arm and a leg.

pinksapphireselectgem.JPG

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see that Roger has two intensely colored pink sapphires - Spectral gems. He makes it very easy to transact as well.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1306350595|2930052 said:
Jason's phone number is 770-954-0135. He can email you a link to it. Search FB with "select gem" with a space in between. Here's a pic of the stone. It might not be hot pink enough for you, but at least hopefully, it won't turn muddy orange, and cost you an arm and a leg.

Yeah, it's not hot pink enough, thanks though!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
This is my heated pink sapphire I got from Gary Braun - (Finewatergems) his photo and my (not that great) quicky shot in the sun. The stone truly is the color in his photo. It came with an AGL prestige report stating heat only, no other enhancements. I've been looking for a sapphire this intense pink color for a long time, so I was pretty excited when this one appeared on his website. I have never seen a sapphire this color that hasn't been heated, but I'm not in the business, I just know I've been looking for a long time. If there is an unheated one this color, I would imagine the price would be quite high.

This is what he said in a email, I'm sure he won't mind me sharing

"It's a great color - much more hot pink than anything else but there is a very slight fuchsia undertone (which I think helps ramp up the color)." His explanation of the color was spot on.

pink sapphire.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
unheated hot pink sapphire, and he can get a lab report from AIGS, or GIT, two very reputable Asian labs, to confirm it. Actually, it comes with a GIT lab report already.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-14ct-UNHEATED...Gemstones_1&hash=item4cf6cad071#ht_2340wt_958

Here's one more, but you would have to ask for a lab report. I would ask for a free lab report.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-11ct-Excellen...Gemstones_1&hash=item5643f33998#ht_2245wt_958

Here's a GRS reported "vivid pink" like the spinels I liked on AJS site, but in an unheated sapphire.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-23ct-GRS-CERT...Gemstones_1&hash=item3a52556e4d#ht_1725wt_905

AJS is asking similar pricing, or higher, on heated pink sapphires. Here's a GRS reported vivid pink sapphire, and it is slightly smaller than the last link above, and they want more money for it, and it's heated.

http://www.ajsgem.com/sapphire/pink-sapphire/pink-sapphire-2.03-carats.html

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1306376694|2930451 said:
unheated hot pink sapphire, and he can get a lab report from AIGS, or GIT, two very reputable Asian labs, to confirm it. Actually, it comes with a GIT lab report already.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-14ct-UNHEATED...Gemstones_1&hash=item4cf6cad071#ht_2340wt_958

Here's one more, but you would have to ask for a lab report. I would ask for a free lab report.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-11ct-Excellen...Gemstones_1&hash=item5643f33998#ht_2245wt_958

Here's a GRS reported "vivid pink" like the spinels I liked on AJS site, but in an unheated sapphire.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-23ct-GRS-CERT...Gemstones_1&hash=item3a52556e4d#ht_1725wt_905

http://www.ajsgem.com/sapphire/pink-sapphire/pink-sapphire-2.03-carats.html

Thanks TL. Those are good possibilities

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
colorluvr|1306361134|2930215 said:
This is my heated pink sapphire I got from Gary Braun - (Finewatergems) his photo and my (not that great) quicky shot in the sun. The stone truly is the color in his photo. It came with an AGL prestige report stating heat only, no other enhancements. I've been looking for a sapphire this intense pink color for a long time, so I was pretty excited when this one appeared on his website. I have never seen a sapphire this color that hasn't been heated, but I'm not in the business, I just know I've been looking for a long time. If there is an unheated one this color, I would imagine the price would be quite high.

This is what he said in a email, I'm sure he won't mind me sharing

"It's a great color - much more hot pink than anything else but there is a very slight fuchsia undertone (which I think helps ramp up the color)." His explanation of the color was spot on.

WOW!

_BUQARI_

Shiny_Rock
This is one of my gemstones ..
Certified by AIGS as a Ruby and as a Sapphire by GIA - so I dont know if you should trust AIGS that much actually!

Picture I.jpg

GIA Report.jpg

AIGS.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results