shape
carat
color
clarity

Best time to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mousey

Shiny_Rock
First, hello everyone. I''ve been lurking around this forum for a while, and it has really helped.
My boyfriend and I are PhD students, so while we do want to get engaged, we want the best ring we can get for the money we can spend. It was my idea to buy on line, and we have been looking at BlueNile and WhiteFlash. I prefer Whiteflash (mainly because of the advice on this board). My question is when is the best time to buy? Do diamond prices change? For example are they sensitive to times of year (possibly going up before Christmas and valentines), the economic crisis etc. We have 3000 dollars as a maximum (we would prefer to spend about 2000-2500), and I would like an ideal cut Princess solitaire from .6 to .7 carat in a very simple platinum setting. Do you think this is possible, and do you think we should wait to see what the market does before buying?
Thank you very much in advance.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
not sure if there is an on and off season for prices but I''m posting because I have dealt with Whiteflash. They were great and I would recommend them to anyone. They also have a trade up policy so if you ever want to go bigger..you can!

Gl with your search

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
I am currently working with JamesAllen.com and they are wonderful. Their prices are very reasonable, and so far their customer service has been oustanding. They are a recommended vendor on PS, and they give a small PS discount. From my understanding, diamonds don''t really have a season. I''m sure the experts will have a better answer for you on that.

Welcome and congrats on your future engagement!

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For a product that is millions of years old, it is logical that there is no season.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results