shape
carat
color
clarity

best tiffany setting replica

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

prefvfr

Rough_Rock
I appreciate the tips in past posts on nice looking tiffany replicas from Lazare and Superbcert (http://www.superbcert.com/Shop_By_Product/Jewelry_Details.cfm/P/8260/N/2;10#), and was wondering if anyone was familiar with the tiffany style setting at niceice (http://www.niceice.com/jewelry/knife_edge_solitaires.htm). I was also wondering what "hand rolled" means and if there''s any meaningful difference in how these two pieces are manufactured. The Lazare piece looks nice but it sounds like I wouldn''t be able to get it except through a local Lazare dealer, is that right?

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
From what I've seen and heard, Nice Ice's version is really great and authentic looking. I've seen pictures (can't recall whose post, though), and it was beautiful. We actually toyed with ordering this setting ourselves.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
NiceIce's version seems to be very pretty and realistic!
1.gif

joeq

Rough_Rock
I ordered one of the Tiffany knife-edge from niceice. I should be receiving it next week so I'll let you know my impressions then.

FYI- For my ring, the niceice version was 40% cheaper than the Superbcert version
6.gif
. And every DVatche dealer told me that DVatche would only mount their stones on their rings. I think derekinla somehow managed to convince them to mount his stone, but that is not the norm for DVatche.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 12/18/2003 5:25:28 PM joeq wrote:

And every DVatche dealer told me that DVatche would only mount their stones on their rings. I think derekinla somehow managed to convince them to mount his stone, but that is not the norm for DVatche.
----------------

Isn't that Lazare Kaplan? I thought they only mounted *their* stones in their settings. I believe that is what Derekinla finagled (sp?).

joeq

Rough_Rock

----------------
On 12/18/2003 5:58:04 PM fire&ice wrote:

Isn't that Lazare Kaplan? I thought they only mounted *their* stones in their settings. I believe that is what Derekinla finagled (sp?).

----------------

Oops, you are right. I got the names mixed up

wacko.gif
. DVatche doesn't have any (close) replica of the classic Tiffany six-prong, Lazare Kaplan does. The Royal Crown is nice but doesn't look anything like the Tiffany. The band is a little thick and the ring is too bulky for my tastes. The Lucida, on the other hand, looks identical.

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
I actually got a local jeweler (who carries Lazare Kaplan diamonds) to mount the stone. He convinced Lazare Kaplan to sell the setting alone
1.gif

snowball

Rough_Rock
joeq,

I'm contemplating if I should reset my e-ring...really want a tiffany style setting...
Would you mind telling me how much it cost for the setting? Is it in platinum or white gold?

joeq

Rough_Rock
The niceice page says the average cost is $750 to $825 for a one carat stone. Mine was $750; it was for a two carat stone but the ring size was 2.75. The small size may have pushed the cost down a little from normal prices.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results