shape
carat
color
clarity

Best radiant/princess cut? Dream diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bingbongbug

Rough_Rock
My fiance have been looking at a LOT of diamonds. I had my heart set on a princess, and we have been shopping for a diamond of about a half-carat, colorless, and SI range. I have been to every jewelry store in the area. At Roger's jewelers, I found a Dream diamond. It's from their Hearts on Fire (like the hearts and arrows) collection, but it is square. They call it a princess, but the ends are clipped, not pointed, which makes me think it is more a radiant than a princess (though i didn't ask the number of facets). But I digress.

This stone is a half carat, F color, and SI2 quality. It beats every other diamond I saw hands down for brilliance. I even looked at it in natural light and it was still gorgeous. Now I know there is no "perfect" cut for a fancy, but yet they say that these Dream stones are "double ideal" while the Hearts on Fire are "triple ideal."

The price of the stone is $3500. Is this a fair price for the cut on the stone, or could I do better with a stone that is not named "Dream?" I don't care about seeing hearts upside down, I just want a stone of the beauty I saw in that stone. If I could find one for a lesser price, where would I do that? None of the stores around me has anything that compares. Even their VS and VVS's just don't come close.

So should I shop around and find a stone just as pretty, or should I grab that gorgeous diamond while I can? And if I should grab it, is there any way to negotiate the price lower with Roger's, do you think?

Please help me out, I have looked and looked and studied info online and just can't make a determination here. Thanks so much!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
You’re right Bingbongbug, Dream diamond is not exactly princess because it faceted differently to achieve Hearts and Arrows pattern. It is rather mixture of Flanders cut and Round brilliant.

It is expensive!

You also might want to look at Flanders cut as well.

Usually they are more brilliant.

Most Princess and Radiants are cut for the weight retention.

For example this radiant (right image) shows a lot of light leakage – it looks like a piece of glass.

Pink and red areas in the ideal-scope images depict the diamond parts that return light to your eyes. White and grey show the diamond area that "leak light", i.e. you won’t see light reflected from these areas.

Obviously, the less white in the ideal-scope image the brighter the diamond will appear to the observer.

sc_em.jpg

diamonds with less light leakage and hence better brilliance check out his site. Check Ideal-Scope/LightScope images for each of the stones.

[/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u]

diamondgal

Rough_Rock
Where abouts are you? Some Hearts on Fire dealers are more flexible with prices, their moto is no discount on prefection, but there's always some room for movement. If you're interested, I can give you some names to contact in regards of the dream diamond, I have one and really love it. I really do believe that it's worth the money. You pay a little more, but you're going to be wearing that diamond for a very long time, so I feel it's worth it.

Tee

Rough_Rock
Hi DiamondGal,
What Retail Jeweler can I find price flexibility on Hearts on Fire? I live in the bay area. I am interested in a Sabrina 5-diamond band. They seemed very expensive for not being GIA certified. Also, I like their Dream cut diamonds too.
Thanks for the info. :loopy:

shive

Rough_Rock
dear diamondgal,

i am interested in purchasing a HOF Dream cut for my to-be fiancé but was wondering if you might know of any dealers in Connecticut that would be willing to negotiate on price. Thanks and I really hope to hear from you!

p5r799

Rough_Rock
I looked at the dream diamonds in Christian Bernard store, and they are located in many different malls all over US. The prices were abserd but the diamonds were beautiful. I found that there are other names for the dream cut diamonds. Elara is very similar to dream cut and I've seen them in Fink's jeweler.
I'm looking for a deal on the dream cut diamonds so let me know if you find any good source.

Ginaworld

Rough_Rock
Hi Leonid,
I haven't heard this new "Spring Cut" term before; can you tell me what this means? Thanks!

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Spring cuts are a proprietary cut sold by Whiteflash:

http://www.whiteflash.com/acut/spring.asp

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results