shape
carat
color
clarity

Best proportions and more fire?

act1980

Shiny_Rock
Firstly I want to thank those that have helped me so far, it's much appreciated. I do however feel even more confused now as this information is far too technical for me which is why I'm asking for help o_O

I have found a further 4 stones that I think meet the right proportions? I'm looking for help as to which one would be the best and which one would give off more fire. I'd be really grateful for any feedback. This is a huge purchase and I really don't want to get it wrong. Thank you! :)

Screenshot 2020-10-25 at 09.53.25.png Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 11.13.19.png Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 11.14.40.png Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 17.57.46.png

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this stone for yourself or your intended?

How much time do you have before needing it?

You could take some time to read up fully on cut options and the 'flavour' of them.

I am concerned that you will lack confidence about any recommendations you receive if you do not feel confident about understanding the science - you've received several recommendations so far but have not been tempted by them, AFAICS, so if you are feeling overwhelmed now, the only real option for total peace of mind without increasing your own knowledge base is to buy a SuperIdeal and then have your local jeweller set it (if they are happy to do so), as I recommended in your other thread.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just based on the numbers, I'd pick the G VVS1 for the slightly smaller table and slightly higher crown than some of the others. Have you seen ASET or Idealscope images for any of these? They would verify the light return.

act1980

Shiny_Rock
Is this stone for yourself or your intended?

How much time do you have before needing it?

You could take some time to read up fully on cut options and the 'flavour' of them.

I am concerned that you will lack confidence about any recommendations you receive if you do not feel confident about understanding the science - you've received several recommendations so far but have not been tempted by them, AFAICS, so if you are feeling overwhelmed now, the only real option for total peace of mind without increasing your own knowledge base is to buy a SuperIdeal and then have your local jeweller set it (if they are happy to do so), as I recommended in your other thread.

This is an upgrade for myself. I need to make a decision in the next couple of weeks as it will need to be shipped and then designed.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In another thread you said D only. But you've got everything from D through G in this lineup.

What do you actually want in terms of colour?

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Buy a super ideal. No confusion!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Trust me. I wish.

Back in thread #18 or #19 it was established she could not because her vendor only supplies GIA stones...

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Trust me. I wish.

Back in thread #18 or #19 it was established she could not because her vendor only supplies GIA stones...

Got it!

act1980

Shiny_Rock

I wish I could but I've found a good supplier that I like otherwise I would go with AGS

Reactions: caf

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our evaluations can be only as thorough and complete as the information we’re given.

The information we’re given, those four reports, indicates that all four are likely to be beautiful stones. If maximizing coloured light return across various lighting environments is of paramount priority, in general you’ll want to aim for shorter lower girdle facets, a smaller table, and a higher crown.

Note that if you saw these four particular stones in-person, any one of them might show most colour across various lighting types. We can’t tell you which... Because generalities are inherently simplistic and easily outmanoeuvred, and we don’t have enough information to judge which of these specimens will show specific nuances of behaviour.

There is, however, a potentially very easy way to narrow this list down: Your requirements for colour.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I would disregard the G because you clearly want colorless and the G will not satisfy you.
I also would disregard the last one. I don’t like the low crown height - that is not visually appealing to me.
From that point, you will have to make choices that are very personal for you. Everyone has their own feeling or desire for a certain element. Someone might go for the size, or want bragging rights to perfect color, or want that inclusion-free table. You also may like one flavor over the other that the different specs may yield, although I don’t know if you would really be able to discern the difference if it wasn’t pointed out. Do you have videos or photos?

Malha777

Rough_Rock
Trade
Oh goddess, these diamonds are so different from one another. What are you looking for? What’s your main goal?

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results