shape
carat
color
clarity

best place to sell a diamond ring quickly?

Sooie

Rough_Rock
My apologies if this isn't the correct location for this post..? I need to sell a WhiteFlash ACA solitaire asap. Will I get the fastest most bang for my buck online or should I be visiting jewelry experts in person to do this? I don't even know where to start : (

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will get the most money buy listing on Loupetroop.com. You can expect to get maybe 70-80% of the current value of the diamond (and the value could be lower or higher than when it was purchased), depending on what it is. Settings won't get nearly that much. People who are not well known on the forum might need to use an appraiser to be the intermediary. For example, if you get a buyer, you send the ring to Neil Beaty. The buyer will pay him for an appraisal. He has an escrow service for a fee, or the buyer can pay you, and then Neil will send the ring to the buyer (they pay the postage).

Once you make your listing on Loupetroop, come back here and make a thread on the Pre-loved forum (which is under the Pricescope Cafe heading). Describe your item, post a picture, and give the link to your loupetroop thread. WF diamonds will sell, but the time varies as to how fast.

You won't get that much selling to a jeweler. What do you have exactly?

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Another option is consignment, either locally or online with someone like Grace: http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/consignment

But I think you're better off trying LoupeTroop and putting the item in the Pre-Loved forum. PSers know ACAs are a good thing, and one at a discount is an even better thing.

Sooie

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much. I'm heading up to get the paperwork on the diamond right now (in storage, due to divorce), so I will post the exact specs later. It is a 1 carat, very high quality.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry for your divorce Sooie :(

In total creep fashion, I went back to your old threats and saw that you have about a 1ct/F/VS2 diamond.

Here is an expert selection comp for you:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3784269.htm

And here are a couple of ACA comps:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3788921.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3765693.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3765696.htm

Your Vatche Bliss is still available:
http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/bliss-solitaire-engagement-ring-by-vatche-1648.htm

Diamondseeker should be able to help you price this accurately on the secondary market. Best of luck selling your diamond!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prioritize which is most important - selling fast or getting the most money possible. Generally the faster methods of selling (pawn shop, to a jeweler, etc) deliver substantially less money than selling yourself online or via consignment and waiting around for the right buyer.

Strawberry129

Rough_Rock
Diamondbistro.com is also a listing site for pre-owned.

Sooie

Rough_Rock
Here is what I need to sell. I'll try the resources mentioned. Thx again.

photo_1_4.jpg photo_2_7.jpg

Round brilliant 6.41-6.43 x 3.97mm
light performance AGS ideal 0
polish AGS ideal 0
symmetry AGS ideal 0
color grade F
clarity grade VS2
carat weight 1.008
fluorescence negligable

set in platinum Vatche "Bliss" size 5.75

Sooie

Rough_Rock
I guess I'm in the middle. I don't want to wait months and months to be rid of this thing. I need cash for my divorce, but I'd like to get a decent price too. How long do you expect it could take with the LoupeTroop?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooie|1487372081|4130302 said:
I guess I'm in the middle. I don't want to wait months and months to be rid of this thing. I need cash for my divorce, but I'd like to get a decent price too. How long do you expect it could take with the LoupeTroop?

That depends on how attractively priced it is....not a lot of people look for such a high color and it won't come the upgrade benefits that one would get if they went with WF directly. Someone provided some current comps for you above...looks like stones are going for about 8-9k so you could ask for ~80% with room to negotiate.

Have you contacted WF to see if they will buy it back from you? That may also be a good place to start to see what you could definitely get before listing it.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
ac117|1487378170|4130336 said:
Sooie|1487372081|4130302 said:

That depends on how attractively priced it is....not a lot of people look for such a high color and it won't come the upgrade benefits that one would get if they went with WF directly. Someone provided some current comps for you above...looks like stones are going for about 8-9k so you could ask for ~80% with room to negotiate.

Have you contacted WF to see if they will buy it back from you? That may also be a good place to start to see what you could definitely get before listing it.

Whiteflash offers buyback within a year of purchase, and guessing it's been longer than that. I'd also suggest filling out the Pricescope "Sell Your Diamond" form and see what happens! https://www.pricescope.com/sell-your-diamond (It's up there under the Resources" tab, for anyone who wants to know).

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Start with Whiteflash if you haven't already talked to them about it. Even if you are outside of their guaranteed buyback period they may be interested. It's their kind of stuff after all. Ask them to make a bid.

XDarkFenixX

Rough_Rock
Hi, recent lurker here. I've been looking around for an engagement ring for my girlfriend of 6 years. I'd be interested in your ring! How much are you looking to get for it? And is there a way to send a private message?

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
XDarkFenixX|1487426859|4130441 said:
Hi, recent lurker here. I've been looking around for an engagement ring for my girlfriend of 6 years. I'd be interested in your ring! How much are you looking to get for it? And is there a way to send a private message?

There is no private messaging on PS for security reasons. I'd suggest making a listing on LoupeTroop with your contact details for the OP to find and contact you (LoupeTroop is free to make listings), or for the OP to make a listing for you to contact her.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results