shape
carat
color
clarity

Best place to buy small diamond studs?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Looking for some little sparklers in yellow gold, maybe .50 tcw? Can anyone suggest a vendor? Not too sure if I want martini or bezel. What should I be looking for?

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Bumping this for you @Begonia. I'd love to have an answer for you, but I have never picked out my own studs. I think an important question is, do you want to be able to upgrade? If so, I would pick one of the super ideal vendors. If not, I think you have more options. In terms of the setting, bezel or martini, I like both. Can you see some in person? If not, can you buy both options in a very inexpensive CZ version and wear them a bit and see which one you like better?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Hey thanks @OdetteOdile! I won't be looking to upgrade. I have a few piercings in each ear and wanted some small, sparkly studs. Pretty small too, possibly .25 ctw or even less. I was looking at James Allen and Whiteflash. It's not rocket science I know, but good to ask and avoid a silly mistake :)

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t shoot the messenger, but haven’t some folks gotten good deals on small studs from Costco? I am not a Costco member so suggestion is only from others.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Begonia Did you wind up getting a pair of babies for your seconds? Or still want to?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Hi again :)
I do still want to! Do you recommend anywhere? I'm looking for round, in 14kt yellow settings. Pretty small too, altho I have to firm the size up. I know you have baby bezels I believe? Do they sparkle, or have nice presence?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I think these are very pretty.

They also have a pair that are bezel set that are about 60 points. being old cats they'll face up a little bit smaller than modern rounds even with the carat weight. Might be worth a look!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do still want to! Do you recommend anywhere? I'm looking for round, in 14kt yellow settings. Pretty small too, altho I have to firm the size up. I know you have baby bezels I believe? Do they sparkle, or have nice presence?
For bezels or martinis - WF!! They do the bestest bezels. Beautifully shaped, clean, just the right thickness, totally smooth, rounded around the girdle. If you do prongs they’ll polish the insides of the baskets nice and bright. They’re more expensive than other options but the workmanship is worth it, I think.

Mine are 0.05ct each. Teeny tiny. I love them for it. Little drops of sparkle on the ears :love: And with WF’s melee - they’ll sparkle like mad! My WF DBTY is more sparkly than my Tiffany DBTY. I’m not sure how small WF will go though, for bezels or martinis... If you want super small... I doubt 0.25 is their minimum but...

Okay, so since I’m playing walking advert for WF. I’ll have a tidy little credit with them tomorrow or Tuesday. Yours if you do go the WF route. I can’t find contact info for you... Email me?

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
Not sure if you are still looking but I found Blue Nile easy to navigate. I was not looking for super ideal studs but was able to use the filters to choose stones that fit the PS guidelines and were also well matched sizewise. I ran both stones through the HCA and they came up 1.4 and 2.3 ( one had slightly larger crown angle ). I am very happy with them!

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock

I have a pair of BGD Handmade Milgrain Bezel Studs that are about .60 tcw, so a similar size to what you would like. I got them in platinum with a milgrain bezel, as I felt the milgrain complemented the fine-grained H&A patterns well and has the added bonus of slightly enlarging the apparent size of the studs. They sparkle really well for the small size and the metalwork is solid. I wouldn’t say they had presence exactly, and I’ll probably upgrade them at some point, but I’m loving them for now. The bezels are available in yellow gold with a smooth bezel too! 78E3EF84-B80D-4EE0-BB35-82EB1F8974CA.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results