shape
carat
color
clarity

Best place to buy AGS Diamond in the bay area

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ezwinner701

Rough_Rock
I was able to convinced my fiance to not settle for a Tiffany and now she has her heart set on a AGS Triple 0 diamond.

we are looking for a DEF, 1.5 - 2.0 VS1 + and H&A, which is the best best to get one of those in the bay area?

I check WF, but they don''t have many available.

Thanks

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Someone beat me to it.
9.gif

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 8:57:18 PM
Author: Ellen
Someone beat me to it.
9.gif
Just this once!
9.gif

I totally agree with GOG too - The ones I listed came up when I did a quick PS search - for some reason the GOG stone didn''t come up!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 8:59:40 PM
Author: :)

Just this once!
9.gif

I totally agree with GOG too - The ones I listed came up when I did a quick PS search - for some reason the GOG stone didn''t come up!
I always go right to the site (don''t search here), that''s why.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay nice stones in the bayarea...definitely visit Joe Escobar in campbell, they have some beautiful stones that are GIA EX and AGS 0 and a ton of stunning settings and rings ... also I'd check out toppers in burlingame which is a small store, but i would call first to see what they have and if they can call anything else in. also you might as well visit derco at santana row just to see what they have, but i find them overpriced and not sure what they have in stock or if it's really ideal cut..they are to me kind of like an upscale maul store. i'd also visit BBB in valley fair mall, again an upscale mall store but they carry some really nice designers and i think they have some ideal loose stones. oh one maul store to check out for sure is CH premier in valley fair as well. they carry hearts on fire so you can at least see a branded superideal in person and also check out what else they have. lastly, willow glen jewelers in downtown willow glen on lincoln has some great stuff in a small boutiquey store, but not sure about their loose diamonds. 2 years ago they were an eightstar dealer so i know they had those but not sure if they are still one. if so again i would definitely check them out to see what a branded superideal looks like, even if you don't want to pay the 40% markup on HOF or Eightstar, it's worth a peek for comparisons!!

any one of these places you might want to call first to check into inventory. but honestly, i live here in the bayarea and i get my diamonds online. settings or other things i might go locally or if i wanted an eightstar i would hands down call WG but for anything else i am an avid internet shopper. with vendors like WF, james allen, et al....honestly there's so much right at my fingertips and i have not been disappointed yet!

ezwinner701

Rough_Rock
thanks all for the input so far.

A few questions, a few stores i visited suggested highly not to get any Fluorescence when we are getting D-E-F colors. what do you guys think?

and secondly, they said slightly thin to medium is better than medium to sighlty thick. i remember the FAQ saying the latter is better. what do you guys think?

thanks

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 9:52:54 PM
Author: ezwinner701

A few questions, a few stores i visited suggested highly not to get any Fluorescence when we are getting D-E-F colors. what do you guys think?

and secondly, they said slightly thin to medium is better than medium to sighlty thick. i remember the FAQ saying the latter is better. what do you guys think?

thanks
There are many on here with a high color stones with fluorescence. It's only a probem if it causes an oily/milkyness in sunlight in the stone, which from what I've seen and read, really isn't that often. You'd just need experienced eyes to look it over for you.

As far as girdles go, thin to med, med., and med. to slightly thick are all ok.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 10:10:13 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 1/8/2007 9:52:54 PM
Author: ezwinner701

thanks
There are many on here with a high color stones with fluorescence. It''s only a probem if it causes an oily/milkyness in sunlight in the stone, which from what I''ve seen and read, really isn''t that often. You''d just need experienced eyes to look it over for you.

As far as girdles go, thin to med, med., and med. to slightly thick are all ok.
Agreed - I was originally scared of fluoro until I found PS - there is a lot of mythology surrounding it. There are a lot of threads on fluoro on PS. I have an F with blue fluoro - it was AGS graded, and they grade the color with a UV filter so the fluoro did not affect the color grade (GIA reportedly does not actually filter UV for color grading, but I don''t know how much or how often the ambient UV affects their color grading - I would be willing to bet it rarely, if at all affects color grading though). I cannot see any effect at all from the fluoro - it is just blazingly white with no cloudiness or oiliness or milkiness - I would not know there was any fluoro except that it says so on the grading report (and also because I went and bought a UV light so I could play with it myself!) It is really fun to look at under the uv light with all the other lights turned off!

I would however avoid yellow fluoro unless I was specifically purchasing a yellow stone.

It is quite easy to ask the vendor you are purchasing from (if you do it online) if there are any effects from fluoro on a stone you are considering - they will tell you because they don''t want to be out money shipping the stone back and forth when the stone could be being sold to someone else during that period.

Sounds like Mara gave some great stores to check out too - makes me wish I lived in the Bay Area so I could check some of them out myself!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results