shape
carat
color
clarity

Best. Perfume. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2006 1:17:57 AM
Author: wallermama
Well. NOW I KNOW.

I went to Saks. I knocked a few people down to get to *the tray*. And I almost had a Bonds No. 9 induced panic attack. I don''t even know my way around the REAL Manhattan, much less the perfume versions of it. So I got a laminated sheet that was supposed to help. It didn''t.

So I got Fragrance Therapy. I swear to god, those ladies are licensed fragrance psychoterapists.

''What do you like? Who do you want to be?'' kind of questions got me going until I''m teary eyed and saying to perfect strangers, ''I WANT THE KIND OF PERFUME THAT MY KIDS WILL REMEMBER SMELLING FOREVER. I want a signature scent. I want to make my husband smell my sweater when I''m not home and feel like calling me immediately on my cellphone to tell me how much he loves me.''

''Yes, dear.'' she said.

So she walked me down Park Ave, past Fashion Ave, through Chinatown, Bleecker Street. The Scent of Peace and Chelsea Flowers got spritzed, and I got sent off my the Therapists to sniff and walk and ''age'' the perfume. They are freaking fabulous. I couldn''t and still can''t decide which I like better, but the Chelsea lasted longer on me, so I picked it.

But I cheated on my therapists, and bought off of Ebay
39.gif
. I just couldn''t shell out the cash for that bottle. And I had checked Ebay before I went so I knew what I could get it for.

So Chelsea Flowers is on its way
36.gif
Okay I loved this post and it was what inspired me originally to make the effort to go downtown LOL

So my question is - do the scents off of Ebay smell just as good? and are they really only $5??? Are they fakes? Is there a particular store that''s better t get from?

smelling noses want to know! lol

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2006 9:09:10 AM
Author: ladykemma
i have a bottle of patchouli but when i wear it my students complain that ''it smells like a gerbil cage in here''.

My signature fragrance is crabtree and evelyn rosewater.
I love this stuff!! I''ve never worn it but every time I smell it it takes me back to my early childhood in san francisco....

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2006 6:23:24 PM
Author: wallermama

Date: 7/29/2006 9:05:39 AM
Author: jcrow
wallermama:

yeah!!! you bought my yummy favorite- chelsea flowers! i adore it!!!

i hope you love it as much as i do!

Mmmm. It is so nice! I liked chinatown too.

I must admit that I also picked up another fragrance on Ebay that the Saks lady recommended...Hanae Mori''s Butterfly. Sooo nice. It''s a little sweeter, a bit of vanilla=ish, like a hint of flowers and new baked cookies. My brother in law said he thought is would be the one my kids would remember and would make my husband sniff my sweaters when I''m gone
1.gif
DH was out of town so I got opinions from the closest thing...his brother! His girlfriend preferred the Chelsea Flowers. It is interesting to see people''s reactions to the same scent!
so which did your husband like? do the kids and dh love the hanae? and why is it that only your posts are inspiring me to respond? haha

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 10:42:50 AM
Author: Lorelei
Skin chemistry is indeed a funny thing. Some seem to dislike Chanel Number 5 and think it smells '' old'' but I wear the EDP as it is a bit more long lasting and complex smelling than the EDT, and it seems to smell good on me, Hubby loves it too.
agreed and it also changes over the years - chanel no. 5 smelled AWESOME on me during my teen years - like OMG this was made for me and it is divine... but as an adult it is just WRONG lol

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2007 6:07:07 PM
Author: divergrrl
Diamond Fan, I''m glad I had the SA at Sephora make me a sample of the Comptoir Vanille Abricot. The final note of sugar candy lingers an awful long time & after a few days of ''test driving'' (I cannot & will not buy a fragrance unless I''ve tried it for a few days) it began to smell awfully cloying to me.

I''ll have to try flowerbomb again, still have my sample of that. Perhaps it wore off quickly because I put on lotion before hand that day. Hmmm.

Durned this is harder than I thought!

Jeannine
Several times I tried Gio (the original) and when I first put it on I hated it every time but then I''d leave and within 30 minutes the most heavenly scent had developed that lasted on me ALL DAY and morphed and just got better and better over about 10 hours... then I''d go back to the store and try it again and hate it and think, ugh... I can''t buy this LOL So I *never* got it and to this day I regret it... they don''t even make it now to my knowledge, not the original.

Incidentally Armani cologne for a man is my all time favorite. The last times I''ve seen it the bottles were going rancid so I haven''t bought it in *years* but I fell for a guy over that, quickly got rid of him but when the dh and I got together I got him some so that *he* was attached to the scent and even named a cat Armani over the scent!!!! LOL

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 10:42:50 AM
Author: Lorelei
Skin chemistry is indeed a funny thing. Some seem to dislike Chanel Number 5 and think it smells '' old'' but I wear the EDP as it is a bit more long lasting and complex smelling than the EDT, and it seems to smell good on me, Hubby loves it too.
I can''t wear Chanel Number 5 it smells like my grandmother''s cupboard on me lol but it is my sister''s signature scent. I love Lolita Lempika,Paul Smith and currently Sonia Rykiel Woman. I guess i like the more ''warmer'' scents on me rather than florals

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was SOOOOOOO bummed!!! they didn''t carry bond no 9 at the saks here they said only las vegas and san francisco sacs carried it on the west coast!! nooooooooooo!!!!!! However - he did have ONE box of chinatown that was a return that he couldn''t sell but he did let me try it... I tried several others and nothing really hit me. LIked the chinatown better than any of the others but am not sure it''s THE ONE. Gotta hit nordstroms I guess because many on my list that I got from this thread to try they didn''t have.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
So we are heading down to Chicago for the weekend - and I thought I would drag the bf into Sak''s down there to see about all the bond scents. (no Saks by us
8.gif
)
Does anyone know if the Saks in CH has them? And can you get those sample bottles (the little mini ones you see on ebay) for free or what do they charge?

I''ve been super curious ever since I saw this thread!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone remember one called "Norell"? It was very big in thev 1970''s and I loved it. I don''t think they make it any more. Whenever I had it on, I would overhear people say "Boy, she smells good."

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 4:43:02 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Does anyone remember one called ''Norell''? It was very big in thev 1970''s and I loved it. I don''t think they make it any more. Whenever I had it on, I would overhear people say ''Boy, she smells good.''
My mom used to wear it. What a riot, cause I had forgotten all about it until you brought it up MB!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 4:43:02 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Does anyone remember one called ''Norell''? It was very big in thev 1970''s and I loved it. I don''t think they make it any more. Whenever I had it on, I would overhear people say ''Boy, she smells good.''
My grandma used to work for their dress design group!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Cerha, thanks for mentioning that our Saks doesn''t carry Bond...I won a sample off ebay..to try....went back and read littlelyssers original post. We''ll see. Oh well, for what I would have paid for parking downtown, this is just as good. :)

Diver..

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2007 12:05:07 AM
Author: diamondfan

Ephem, did you get to K of P to try Jhivago?
I just checked in on this thread and realized I never responded to this... sorry, DF!! I did try the Jhivago at KoP... it was LOVELY... definitely a unique scent, which I love... and totally addictive... my fiance kept asking to smell it again.
1.gif
But the drydown was very powdery on me, which bugs me... that seems to happen a lot with my skin chemistry, for some reason. I thought about looking for a decant on Ebay to have for those "once in a while" occasions, but trying not to spend unnecessary money right now.

So I'm back to my regular Flowerbomb and alternating that with Kiehl's Musk once in a while... love those deep, warm scents... mmmmm.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 5:57:05 PM
Cerha, thanks for mentioning that our Saks doesn''t carry Bond...I won a sample off ebay..to try....went back and read littlelyssers original post. We''ll see. Oh well, for what I would have paid for parking downtown, this is just as good. :)

Diver..
we took the max in :D I live very close to a station so its real easy to just hop on - much more enjoyable to chitchat on the max than to look for parking LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 5:57:05 PM

Diver..
which sample did you get? I was thinking of droping like $30 on like 10 samples... but then I hate to do that too LOL I really wish I could try them though... more than one. I did get to try the chinatown and it really did last and last and was the BEST of all of them I tried there... I did like it but since it was the only bond I tried I don''t know if it is really the one. I want to try hamptons and peace.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Cehra: I got a sample of Scent of Peace for $5. I don''t live anywhere near a MAX, so I can''t take it in. I''d spend more money in gas getting to a light rail station than if I just drove into town. Love the lightrail though. Of course I do have to drive past the fancy schmancy new Tram to go downtown, I LOVE that thing. I want to go for a ride!

I have a feeling I''m going to be sticking with Stila''s Jade Blossom for summer & Creme bouquet for winter.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I happen to love Flowerbomb, and if the Jhivago did not dry down well I would not get it unless it smelled good. A lot of the scents I like actually dry down nicer on me than the initial smell, so I have to wait a while before deciding...

STILL trying to get a Philly PS'ers get together...anyone interested?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Count me in for a Philly get-together!
35.gif
I''m starved for the company of other jewelry lovers.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2007 1:22:48 AM
Cehra: I got a sample of Scent of Peace for $5. I don''t live anywhere near a MAX, so I can''t take it in. I''d spend more money in gas getting to a light rail station than if I just drove into town. Love the lightrail though. Of course I do have to drive past the fancy schmancy new Tram to go downtown, I LOVE that thing. I want to go for a ride!

I have a feeling I''m going to be sticking with Stila''s Jade Blossom for summer & Creme bouquet for winter.
Yeah they don''t have the trains going down to LO yet but I think they''re planning to at some point... It takes twice as long to get downtown but its relaxing and you can take the train anywhere. We got off first over by real mother goose and OMG we are planning to go back JUST to spend a couple hours there and at the two stores across the street from there... they had the cutest little rings in white, rose, yellow gold... just these thin bands with a single row of milgrain down the middle... I liked ''em :) I haven''t seen the tram... what does it do/where does it go?

Anyway... so you don''t really like scent of peace? I liked chinatown, a lot actually, but I don''t know if it is *me*. I''d happily wear it every day but I don''t think others would think "oh that is so her" LOL I am still thinking about dropping $ on a bunch of samples. I''m so bummed they don''t have ''em here. Of course I can always wait until I get to san francisco next and try them there.... or fly to new york haha

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t go through all of the posts, but, DH got Pure Tiffany for me for V-Day. I love it. It''s light and floral. It''s a nice change from the Chanel No. 5 or Floris I usually wear.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
so I finally got my samples on ebay!!

included: chinatown, chelsea flowers, scent of peace, little italy, park avenue, nuit noho

sniffed them all in the vials:

chinatown: interesting!
chelsea flowers: so so
scent of peace: interesting!
little italy: good!
park avenue: so so
nuit noho: ick!

I''m trying out chinatown actually ON me today. I really like the smell, but it definitely is not my "style". A little too spicy or something. I love to catch whiffs of the scent, but always think "who is wearing that perfume??" he he
It also has the kind of smell that would really make my nose act up if I had any more than a dab on.....

I think I will try Chelsea Flowers tomorrow!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My Dh just bought me some Black Orchid (Tom Ford). Powerful, but i love it.

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did not like the Tom Ford on me...

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I''m dying to try the Tom Ford! Diamondfan, you and I seem to like the same fragrances (Jhivago 24K, especially) so I wonder if I will like it.

I picked up a bottle of Tobacco Caramel by Fresh and I really love it! It''s a nice combination of clean and earthy...if that makes sense. I sprayed it on in one of the local boutiques, then continued shopping about an hour. I couldn''t stop smelling my arm, so I had to cave and buy a bottle.

I buy Cannabis Santal by Fresh for my husband. So wonderful, too!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2007 5:41:19 PM
I did not like the Tom Ford on me...
HI:

My DH did not like it on first blush, but "warmed" up to it.

Giada--I bought the Fresh Tobacco-Caramel for my DH--we both love it.

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wanted to love the Tom Ford, and wore it around for a bit, it was just too heavy for me. I like some heavy things, the notes just have to dry down on me well. The TF just did not, and I was sooo disappointed...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 11:39:44 AM
I wanted to love the Tom Ford, and wore it around for a bit, it was just too heavy for me. I like some heavy things, the notes just have to dry down on me well. The TF just did not, and I was sooo disappointed...
I felt the same way. I wanted to love it. But it was disappointed as well.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
My hubby got me Vera Wang Princess for Valentine''s Day and it smells like chocolate! I think he likes getting me scents that smell like food. I also got DKNY be Delicious one year for Sweetest Day, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
emteeth.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 5:03:57 PM
Author: Rosebud8506
My hubby got me Vera Wang Princess for Valentine''s Day and it smells like chocolate! I think he likes getting me scents that smell like food. I also got DKNY be Delicious one year for Sweetest Day, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
emteeth.gif

I think I will go check out Princess. I was debating on ordering Chocolate Vanilla from Sephora that DF recommended. I love those sents and my local Macy''s carry''s Vera Wang Princess.

I like to try on perfumes before I buy them because sometimes they make me really sick
7.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought the marketing description was funny. I guess I missed the age range by a hair.
2.gif

From Macy''s website
Vera Wang Princess Collection
Playful. Unpredictable. Spirited. A new attitude in fragrance- it plays upon contradictions of a modern princess. She is the fashion forward "IT" girl in her teens and 20''s. With her unique sense of style and total zest for life, she is "BORN TO RULE."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results