shape
carat
color
clarity

Best. Perfume. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2006 4:55:15 PM
Author: Lynn B
Fun thread.

Well, as I live in the middle of nowhere, there''s no SAKS or a Bond store (which I never even heard of until this thread!) near me, so I won''t be able to sniff any of these wonderful-sounding fragrances until I get somewhere ELSE sometime. I don''t even know if Pittsburgh has a SAKS? But I will check it out as I am always interested in fragrances -- although I''ve never spent that much $$$ on one before, but hey, I''m open to the suggestion of it!
2.gif

Right now I am wearing Philosphy''s Falling In Love, which has been a very fun summer fragrance. Soon I will be switching back to Burberry, though... I do adore that scent. (Just the regular Burberry London, not any of the spin-off ones.) It doesn''t smell like you have ''something'' sprayed on... it smells like it could just be ''you''... and I really like that. Pretty reasonably priced, too.
i am currently using Philosphy''s amazing grace (i think) and am looking to switch to something SPECIAL for the wedding day. haven''t found anything yet. i do love burberry''s men''s line. maybe i should check out the women''s one as well.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2006 4:55:15 PM
Author: Lynn B
Right now I am wearing Philosphy's Falling In Love, which has been a very fun summer fragrance.
HA!!! This reminded me ... I finally got to try Hanae Mori's BUTTERFLY when I was home over Labor Day in VA ... I LOVED it but my sister said it smelled like Bath & Body Works Vanilla Sugar cheap stuff so I was momentarily discouraged from buying it.

HOWEVER ... my MOM dragged me over to the Philosophy kiosk & made me try "Falling In Love" under the pretense that it's "an aphrodeeeeeeeeeesiac". Okay ... you'll have to just IMAGINE how creepily & suggestively my mother drew this word out. For one thing, my Mom has been married 41 years now. Not sure why she needs an "aphrodeeeeeeesiac" ... and if I had to guess ... well, yeesh. TMI. And IIIIIIII'm a freakin' FIANCE. Soon to be Newlywed. Don't imagine I'm really in the market for an "aphrodeeeeeesiac" either. If anything, I'd need to roll in a pile of manure or something to damper the "aphro" around here.
3.gif

But the whole encounter was so funny/odd that my sisters & I couldn't stop goofing around about it the rest of the weekend. My mom would be like, "This tea is good" and we'd be all "But is it an APHRODEEEEEEESIAC?"
31.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/13/2006 5:20:12 PM
Author: jcrow

Date: 9/9/2006 6:59:31 PM
Author: canuk-gal
Hi:

Went DT to pick up my new dress and found a boutique that had the Bond Bo. 9 fragrances--and I loved them all!! Could have bought every scent (well myabe not Wall Street) but bought the eau de New York today and will ask for Chinatown for my BD in Nov. and from there Chelsea Flowers and Scent of Peace. Thanks for the tip!!

cheers--Sharon
did you try wall street on a boy?
19.gif
i think it smells wonderful on FI.
HI:

Nope, just moi...but the salesgirl mentioned it was one favored by men, and altho I was in the market for a scent for my DH, I ended up buying the "tobacco carmel" scent by Fresh. mmmm wonderful too!
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2006 5:53:20 PM

Date: 9/13/2006 5:20:12 PM
Author: jcrow

Date: 9/9/2006 6:59:31 PM
Hi:

Went DT to pick up my new dress and found a boutique that had the Bond Bo. 9 fragrances--and I loved them all!! Could have bought every scent (well myabe not Wall Street) but bought the eau de New York today and will ask for Chinatown for my BD in Nov. and from there Chelsea Flowers and Scent of Peace. Thanks for the tip!!

cheers--Sharon
did you try wall street on a boy?
19.gif
i think it smells wonderful on FI.
HI:

Nope, just moi...but the salesgirl mentioned it was one favored by men, and altho I was in the market for a scent for my DH, I ended up buying the ''tobacco carmel'' scent by Fresh. mmmm wonderful too!
1.gif

cheers--Sharon
sounds intriguing!

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
well I was wondering if there was a thread on perfumes! Lynn I know what you mean about Burberry London. I smelled it for the first time on Sat. and I need to get a bottle! I must have smelled 15 perfumes on Sat. with my friend (she wears Burberry Brit) and then I discovered the London scent. It's perfect. I am so picky on perfumes, I dislike 90% of them, but I am getting this one for sure. Oh, and I didn't know they kept coffee beans in a can to clean the scent from your nose! I thought that was interesting. When the woman asked us if we wanted to smell the coffee beans, I was like, why? Goes to show how often I shop for perfume!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really love the new Juicy perfume. Got the lotion and gel too, it smells great.

My favorites:
Cartier Petite Delice (new, has cherry in it)
Viktor Rolfe Flower Bombe (LOVE this one)
Armani Code and Sensai
Marc Jacobs
Hana Morei (spelling?)
Michael Kors
Jhivago 24K (has gold flecks in it, people follow me to ask what it is)
the first Laura Mercier fragrance
Summer Opium from last year...heavy enough for me to wear in the winter. Cannot wear regular opium at all

Many of the scents I loved I cannot wear now, pregnancy changed the way I react to certain things sadly...

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondfan, I have the same problem with reactions to perfumes... it''s awful. I always wonder if there are some perfumes that are "safe" or something, I hate trying them out and then getting an obnoxious rash! Hope your pregnancy is going well!

Marisa

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually am not pregnant now, my third is turning 5 next month but just noticed from the first time I tried on my favorite perfume after my first was born that something was WRONG. I thought it was rancid and went to Neiman''s to buy another, decided to spray some on from the tester and again noticed it smelled awful. The girl asked me if I had kids and I said yes, a baby, and she said sometimes people after pregnancy react differently to the essences in the perfume. I miss some of my old faves, but luckily found a bunch of new ones...to this day (almost 14 years) I cannot wear some of my favorites and have given up on the idea...

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I love Escada Island Kiss and Escada Ibiza Hippie. I also love Jean-Paul Gaultier Fragile and Gucci Jeans Couture Woman. My newest is Delices de Cartier.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/24/2006 10:28:51 PM
Author: diamondfan
I actually am not pregnant now, my third is turning 5 next month but just noticed from the first time I tried on my favorite perfume after my first was born that something was WRONG. I thought it was rancid and went to Neiman''s to buy another, decided to spray some on from the tester and again noticed it smelled awful. The girl asked me if I had kids and I said yes, a baby, and she said sometimes people after pregnancy react differently to the essences in the perfume. I miss some of my old faves, but luckily found a bunch of new ones...to this day (almost 14 years) I cannot wear some of my favorites and have given up on the idea...
Wow... I knew some crazy stuff can happen with your body during and after pregnancy, but I never heard of that. Good to know! I have exczema, so I just blame all skin sensitivities on that, haha. The perfume doesn''t smell bad or different, I just break out into a rash and itch about twice as much as normal. It''s annoying. So I just have to stick to light body sprays form Bath and Body Works. I loved that Paradise perfume though, but I can''t remember who it was by. I''m so angry I can''t wear it!

Marisa

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2006 10:49:13 PM
Author: poptart
Date: 10/24/2006 10:28:51 PM

Wow... I knew some crazy stuff can happen with your body during and after pregnancy, but I never heard of that. Good to know! I have exczema, so I just blame all skin sensitivities on that, haha. The perfume doesn''t smell bad or different, I just break out into a rash and itch about twice as much as normal. It''s annoying. So I just have to stick to light body sprays form Bath and Body Works. I loved that Paradise perfume though, but I can''t remember who it was by. I''m so angry I can''t wear it!

Marisa

I think there is one by Lauder called Beyond Paradise...is that it? Eczema is tough. My oldest used to have it so badly, he seems to have mostly outgrown it now for some reason. It used to be terrible but is much more under control without any treatment. I am sorry you have to suffer!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Beyond Paradise, that''s it! I''m so glad your son outgrew his eczema... it''s annoying, haha. It drives my DH crazy since there are some days when I just scratch my legs constantly... Anyway, I loved that scent!

Marisa

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Diamond Fan,

You are the only other woman I've ever "met" that wears Jivago 24K! I've been wearing to for some time now and I get exactly the same reaction. I was followed a few weeks ago in Nordstrom by a woman. When she realized I was getting creeped out by her, she asked about my perfume. Luckily, they carry it at my Nord's, so she went over and bought a bottle! It's powerful stuff!

I usually wear Narciso Rodriguez Musc for Her during the day, though, since Jivago 24K is on the heavy side.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2006 11:28:53 AM
Author: Giada
Diamond Fan,

You are the only other woman I''ve ever ''met'' that wears Jivago 24K! I''ve been wearing to for some time now and I get exactly the same reaction. I was followed a few weeks ago in Nordstrom by a woman. When she realized I was getting creeped out by her, she asked about my perfume. Luckily, they carry it at my Nord''s, so she went over and bought a bottle! It''s powerful stuff!

I usually wear Narciso Rodriguez Musc for Her during the day, though, since Jivago 24K is on the heavy side.

I have tunred a bunch of people on to it! I really love it. It has Bulgarian rose, which is NOT tea rose, cannot deal with tea rose for some reason. But even guys like the Jhivago. I save it for evening too, especially more toward the fall. I love lots of different types of things but boy this one is great! You have good taste!

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
This topic has sparked an interest in me... i want to try this bond 9. I am wearing calvin klein''s euphoria and i like it but it does not last long on me. I found this website http://www.beautycafe.com/index.htm that lets you pick 5 samples for 5 bucks... so instead of buying this with out ever trying it out. i went for it.. it ended up being 10.35 with shipping. not bad for 5 samples.. vs shelling out 120 and hating it on me!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The jeweler JAR just came out with a line of permumes. So far, only Bergdorf Goodman carries it. There are about 8 or 9 different scents - the sales representative lets you smell each scent one at a time. They all seemed very overpowering to me, and I usually like strong perfumes. I want to go back and try them again in case my nose was having an 'off' day.

The Juicy shower gel has been out for a few weeks now, and it's wonderful.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Bought myself and early BD present--"Chinatown" in Bond No. 9. Quite sweet, but I love gardenia and tuberose......

cheers--Sharon

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone tried Child perfume oil?

It got a huge buzz on the Hollywood circuit a few years ago and has got a serious cult following... I didn't get the hype, though! I bought it because celebs raved that men could not resist it. My DH wasn't crazy about it, but lots of men DID stop me to say I smelled nice. Women also commented that something smelled "fresh" and "sweet."

It turned out to be a very nice floral scent, but it's not as complex as I would like. I prefer Kai for that magical island scent -- pure simple floral note. Ahhhhhh! Don't get AS MANY comments from this one, but who wants to be a walking perfume ad anyhow?
31.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/24/2006 9:50:14 PM
I really love the new Juicy perfume. Got the lotion and gel too, it smells great.

My favorites:
Cartier Petite Delice (new, has cherry in it)
Viktor Rolfe Flower Bombe (LOVE this one)
Armani Code and Sensai
Marc Jacobs
Hana Morei (spelling?)
Michael Kors
Jhivago 24K (has gold flecks in it, people follow me to ask what it is)
the first Laura Mercier fragrance
Summer Opium from last year...heavy enough for me to wear in the winter. Cannot wear regular opium at all

Many of the scents I loved I cannot wear now, pregnancy changed the way I react to certain things sadly...
DF, I love Armani Sensi, Marc Jacobs and Michael Kors... and my new everyday staple perfume is Flower Bomb... so since we might have similar perfume tastes, now I''m curious about the Jhivago!! May have to pay a visit to KoP for some perfume-hunting this week...
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ephemery, bumping this...

I think Jhivago is incredible. I have never sent someone to get it who did not love it. I am curious to know what you think.

I also want to smell Black Orchid by Tom Ford and the new Creed tea fragrance...Neiman''s has it now I think. I love a lot of the Creed scents and I like some of the citrusy unisez ones. I used to wear some men''s cologne years ago, I loved the clean smell. Child has a lot of gardenia or something, it is a bit cloying to me. I like the first Laura Mercier one, and I like some of her current bakery shop smell ones, they can be layered and are nice. I like Aquolina Pink Sugar and I also like the blackberry vanilla by Trish McEvoy.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Butterfly-Bobbi Brown has a perfume called "Beach" that smells JUST like coppertone suntan lotion. It always reminds me of summer.

[Editing this now as I just saw that you didn't like it.]

I also love Chanel Chance and Guerlain's Samsara. I feel really sophisticated when I wear Samsara but It's very heavy so it's a winter scent only. I find Chance is really strong to but my bottle might be a little old so I've taken to wearing a bit of the body lotion which is just enough.

I'm looking forward to trying the new Bond scents. i bet they're amazing. I've also always wanted to try "Child" but I believe it's only sold at Fred Siegel in Beverley Hills
7.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, first the RB Rice chile brick, and now my perfume, my ONLY perfume. They quit making it. WHY?

Does anyone know where bottles of leftover perfume go? Like, a perfume heaven? I know I''ll eventually have to get a new one, but I''m hoping to snatch up a bottle or two before I start the journey.

Anyone know of such a place/link?

TIA

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2006 1:19:36 PM
Author: Ellen
OK, first the RB Rice chile brick, and now my perfume, my ONLY perfume. They quit making it. WHY?

Does anyone know where bottles of leftover perfume go? Like, a perfume heaven? I know I''ll eventually have to get a new one, but I''m hoping to snatch up a bottle or two before I start the journey.

Anyone know of such a place/link?

TIA

Often times there is a gap between the time they stop making and they stop selling it. You can always google it and see if it''s being sold anywhere online. Loehmann''s sells perfume, so check there and place''s like Marshall''s -etc, other liquidator type places.

If you buy an extra bottle make sure you store it in the fridge so it doesn''t "spoil."

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
dt, thanks. Apparently from the time I bought my last bottle, they stopped producing AND selling.

I already tried online, I can''t find it anywhere. I was hoping maybe someone knew of a place I hadn''t found. I can find other perfumes by the same company, just not mine.

*sigh* Guess the journey begins.

Thanks again!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
what is the perfume you are looking for?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/8/2006 2:56:21 AM

I also want to smell Black Orchid by Tom Ford
HI:

I quite liked this new one by TF, but bought Bucheron instead. My "new" fav.

cheers--Sharon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2006 3:21:19 PM
Author: dtnyc
It''s Casual by Elizabeth Arden.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2006 4:45:08 PM
Author: Ellen
Date: 12/15/2006 3:21:19 PM

It''s Casual by Elizabeth Arden.

Ellen- thought of you when I was in a super-discount store this weekend, buying my FIL''s "little gift" for Christmas (an individual coffee maker, since MIL doesn''t drink coffee) anyway this store had tons of perfume- some good, some bad... I didn''t know what you were looking for- but wondered!

Anywho- just did a quick google search and found
this shower gel, and found this as well- same style bottle/tube, but looks like it''s not by E. Arden - thought I would pass it along anyway, just in case.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2006 11:30:51 PM

Ellen- thought of you when I was in a super-discount store this weekend, buying my FIL''s ''little gift'' for Christmas (an individual coffee maker, since MIL doesn''t drink coffee) anyway this store had tons of perfume- some good, some bad... I didn''t know what you were looking for- but wondered!

Anywho- just did a quick google search and found
this shower gel, and found this as well- same style bottle/tube, but looks like it''s not by E. Arden - thought I would pass it along anyway, just in case.
Thank you!!

Interesting, I also found a bottle by PS (that does look exactly like my EA bottle too), but it was sold out. I just don''t get how they could be selling the same thing....Do you think it is?

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
If the bottle looks the same, I think it might be the same fragrance. It could just be a licensing change, same fragrance under a different parent brand name.
I think there is a gift package in stock.

ETA: It looks like Elizabeth Arden might "own" Paul Sebastian. This is from wikipedia, so it's probably not 100% correct, but:

"Her cosmetics company continues to trade today, and was bought from Unilever in 2003 by FFI, a New York company. They changed their name to Elizabeth Arden, and are listed on the NASDAQ (RDEN). The current 'face' of Elizabeth Arden is Catherine Zeta Jones. They also hold the license to the Britney Spears fragrances, "Curious" and "Fantasy"; Elizabeth Taylor's "White Diamonds," "Passion," "Forever Elizabeth," and "Gardenia"; Geoffrey Beene's "Gray Flannel"; "Halston" and "Halston Z-14"; "White Shoulders" and "Wings"; "PS Fine Cologne for Men" by Paul Sebastian; and "With Love... Hilary Duff" by Hilary Duff.
In 2006 Elizabeth Arden acquired the fragrance portfolio from Riviera Concpets. The newly acquired brands include Alfred Sung, the Hummer fragrance franchise, Cynthia Rowley, Lulu Guinness, Bob Mackie, and Badgley Mischka."

When you search for the perfume using Paul Sebastian instead of E. Arden, you get a lot more hits.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results