shape
carat
color
clarity

Best Pear Moissanite?

nexus24

Rough_Rock
Hi, I am in search for the best pear shaped moissanite. I found a video online comparing a pear shaped diamond to a FAB moissanite and its not even close. I believe this is due to the cut of the pears, because I can find rounds and cushions that do appear similar. August Vintage makes pears, but I cannot find an example online at all.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I am in search for the best pear shaped moissanite. I found a video online comparing a pear shaped diamond to a FAB moissanite and its not even close. I believe this is due to the cut of the pears, because I can find rounds and cushions that do appear similar. August Vintage makes pears, but I cannot find an example online at all.

I am not sure who to tell you would make the best pear moissanite but what I can tell you is that those are clearly 2 different pear cuts. The diamond has a brilliant cut and the moissanite appears to have a chunky cut like you see on antique cuts (OEC, ACC, etc..) If you like the cut of the diamond shaped Pear I would do a online search for brilliant cut pear moissanite and see what turns up. ;)2
Hope that helps!=)2

Moissamight

Rough_Rock
I’m hoping to look into pears for my e-ring, and it’s much harder to find info on cuts for pears it seems! I’ve heard Harro being recommended for their pears, but I don’t know personally. It seems to me the cuts are usually Brilliant, antique, crushed ice, and rose. I think Tianyu does antique, crushed ice, and antique. Tianyu will custom cut if you give them pictures of a style you like. I hope this helps a bit!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
August Vintage pears below. Black background is a diamond, computer rendering from his website. .. says he has a 7 x 5 moissanite pear for $395! Johnathon does custom too. He's super nice, I'd email him from his site. I bet he'd help you!
20181008_162827.png 20181008_162842.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results