shape
carat
color
clarity

Best online wholesale loose diamonds

Micaela

Rough_Rock
I´m about to purchase a diamond ring from Luxe wholesale diamonds. I´ve gotten great help and very fast answers e-mailed to me regarding my questions about the diamonds I´m considering and they do get a good review at BBB (better business bureau). Does anyone have any experience buying from this company? **edited please respect forum policies** lists them as a top verified diamond dealer (even above blue nile and james allen). Thank You for helping me!

scepture

Rough_Rock
I have never heard of them, but that doesn't mean a ton. Hopefully other people have heard/encountered them and can chime in. However, I will remind you that sometimes people have issues with the concept of the BBB. While they can serve a good purpose in some situations, remember that a company pays to be a member. If a company wants to be an A+ vs A, they must also pay an additional amount. I am NOT saying that it shouldn't be used as a possible "tool", but I wouldn't buy from a place (or think they were better than another) just based on the rank given by the BBB.

Do you have pictures/other info on the diamond?

edit: as other posts have noted, if they are selling to you (consumer) they are not a wholesaler. They likely use this name to portray their cheaper prices, but like any other business it is guaranteed that they will not sell to you below the diamond's actual value and they will include a markup (otherwise they would be out of business).

Micaela

Rough_Rock
Tank you for telling me about how the BBB works.. I have a GIA report check that the company e-mailed me. I forgot to mention they also have positive reviews on http://www.trustlink.org/Reviews/D3LUXE-206394613.... not sure what that is or if it says anything more than the BBB review? I guess paying by credit card instead of money transfer makes it a little safer on my part. I live in Finland so I guess the long distance makes it all the more nerv wracking :confused:

Micaela

Rough_Rock
viewing **edited by moderator. please read forum policies** me feel at ease about this whole thing!! :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I believe PriceScope is the #1 diamond forum, and there are thousands of reviews on diamond sellers here. The one you are looking at is not one I have heard of, so you might want to consider one that you can find many reviews on rather than just a few. The ones I am most familiar with are WhiteFlash, Good Old Gold, Brian Gavin Diamonds, James Allen, and High Performance Diamonds. These all carry a nice selection of diamonds in-house and can provide pictures and other images to ensure that you are getting a well cut stone.

I just did a search on this site and your post is the only one that mentions Luxe Diamonds! That would make me very wary. Also, the fact that they are calling themselves "wholesale" when they are not is another red flag.

Micaela

Rough_Rock
Ok, thank you for that info! They did go under the name "Adylon" before and under www.adylon.com you can read about them now beeing Luxe Dimonds... not that I know if that helps any...

Micaela

Rough_Rock
Ok, so I searched for Adylon and Yosef (who is the guy behind Luxe wholesale diamonds) and found quite a few posts from some years back. His profile picture is one of the images you will see when entering www.luxewholesalediamonds.com.....

Micaela

Rough_Rock
D3Luxe Inc (www.luxewholesalediamonds.com www.luxechains.com) is part of JVC (Jewelers Vigilance committee) and Polygon. I searched and found they were listed in both. In JVCs membership catalogue I found whiteflash and goodoldgold of the above mentioned companies. Blue Nile was also listed among many, many others. I don´t know but shouldn´t that count for something?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Micaela, I do remember vaguely that Yosef used to participate a little on this forum after doing the search for Adylon. His posts were mainly what came up and not consumer reviews, so I don't think we could make any assumptions about his business practices, honesty, or customer satisfaction. So I am afraid you won't get any help here as far as making an educated judgement about using his current company or not. I don't think memberships in organizations means a whole lot, to be honest. When I was going to buy a diamond, I came here where there are hundreds of reviews for several vendors and I could read the good and bad and see which ones had very high ratings. If I am buying almost anything else, I go to amazon.com and read ratings as well as reading Consumer Reports. There are always a few negatives about anything, but when I see consistently high marks in the hundreds, I feel some confidence in using a vendor. Small numbers of reviews have less credibility because you don't know if the reviews were planted by the vendor.

The reviews here are mainly on the vendors who advertise or participate here naturally, but there are also many reviews on other jewelry stores. Those not mentioned may be good or bad, and you have to find reviews elsewhere or either take a chance. After my experiences buying diamonds in the past and making big mistakes, I would never ever buy a diamond without an AGS0 or GIA Excellent lab report, and that will take some of the risk out of the equation.

Good luck to you!

Micaela

Rough_Rock
Ok, thank you! He has e-mailed med GIA report checks (if that matters at all..?) I´ll really take into consideration your thoughts on this matter.. I´ll be sure to post here what I ended up doing!!

Hi there. I'm not here to promote myself, but one of my customers notified me of this posting on Pricescope so I thought I'd clear a few things up.

Yes, I used to run a jewelry store named Adylon, I decided to sell that location and be exclusively wholesale in melee diamonds in downtown LA and online as a diamond broker for the public. Our Luxe Wholesale Diamonds.com website is fairly new, so we don't have too many reviews posted by the public. But as someone else mentioned, there are reviews on the Trustlink.org website run by the BBB. Also some customers who purchased using Google Checkout have posted many reviews and we currently have 4.8/5 with them. Not one complaint on the BBB and every one of my customers are satisfied.

Yes, it is true that we sell to consumers (retail) as well as to the trade (wholesale). In fact I just dropped off goods to 2 jewelry stores yesterday. So we do both. When selling to consumers, we don't take photos, no megascopes or i2see or whatever imaging of diamonds. We don't have a 30-day 100% return policy, there is a restocking fee if diamonds are returned or exchanged. I don't try to list 20,000 or 50,000 or 100,000 diamonds on my website in real time for consumers to browse through. I simply act as a diamond broker for my customers... You tell me what you want and I find it... and I give them the best price I can on a loose diamond and generally they're very happy. So it's a no-frills, wholesale-like approach for consumers. Call it what you will.

I hope everyone on Pricescope is well.

Micaela

Rough_Rock
So.... I got my rings... and I love, love, love them!!! Can´t tell you how glad I am I went with Luxe wholesale diamonds! The customer service was excellent and the money transfer (which worried me) went great as well. I ordered a shared prong eternity ring and a 1,71 ct radiant loose diamond that was set in a 950 palladium setting. I got a GIA certification for the center stone and although the specs aren´t "ideal" the ring is gorgeous :love: The price was unbelievable too.. and belive me I have done a lot of research on the Internet! Couldn´t be happier! Thank you, Yosef for a great shopping experience and beautiful rings!!! I would definitely buy from this company again!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your new ring! Please take some pictures and post on the Show Me The Bling forum on this site! We'd love to see it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am delighted to hear you had such a great experience with them and love your ring. I can't wait to see pictures of it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results