shape
carat
color
clarity

Best online sites to buy diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arf7ea

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your help on my previous post. I think I might try a couple of jewelers in St. Louis but will primarily look online. I have been trying to find the best priced and safest diamond dealers on the web but have found much conflicting information. I know you all have probably gone through this a hundred times, but what sites would you recommend?? Here are some that were suggested on my previous post:
www.buydiamonddirect.com
www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com

Thanks for any help you can give!

Caratz

Shiny_Rock
In part, it depends on what you are looking for.

As you will see from searching on pricescope, different dealers will quote you different prices for the same stone. The stone is not sitting in their inventory, but is included in a database they have access to. Quite often, they cannot tell you much more about the stone that is on the certificate because they have not even seen it. If you put in an inquiry it can be sent to them for viewing, but you shouldn't be under the impression that they have it in their safe.

Having said that, some online vendors charge more than others. Some give a cash discount. Some have 30 day return policies. Some have 7 day return policies. Some charge a restocking fee if you return the diamond. Some have a lifetime upgrade policy. Some include shipping in the price.

So if you buy a pricescope stone, I suggest you find the stone first, and then find the vendor that has the policies that matter most to you. Good luck!

arf7ea

Rough_Rock
I think the 30-day return period is important so I would have plenty of time to get it appraised. :))

phi368

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to let you know that I'm in St. Louis. I looked around and ended up buying from Diamond Brokers of Florida. I found they had the best prices generally, (but most are willing to match another competitor's listed price). Jan was also extremely helpful. I must say that I also talked to Jim a little at Dirt Cheap Diamonds and he was very helpful too.

Anyway, the diamond I ended up getting, I went to Shane Co. and found a very similar diamond, but it was $2500 more. I found Clarkson Jewelers to be way to expensive. Anyway, I also just wanted to point out, that many jewelers will agree to send your stone to an independent appraiser first then start the 7 day period from when you receive it. Or they will condition the sale on an appraisal.

I just point this out because the only people I know who has a 30 day return policy is Blue Nile and I think they are more expensive on diamonds although I know they have many satisfied customers.

Good luck! Email me if you have any questions.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
:wavey: Some of the sites can give you an appraisal ,if you would ask for it at the time of purchase .

diamondsman

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
arf7ea- There are many sites to choose from. I think safety is a good way of going about looking at your purchase. I can safely say I had a great experience from Jonathan at goodoldgold. Just wrapped things up today and am looking forward to some pic's. If your in the market for ideal cut Hearts & Arrows branded stones check out his site. There are many sites, but in doing so compare them to Jananthan's. The pic's images, zooms, he posts sarin data, brilliance scope results and shows firescope images showing you the leakage of the perspective purchase your looking at. Also the education you'll get from his site. :praise: Jonathan probably has an extensive inventory of other stones, so if your in the market check out his sight and drop him an email about options? I had a great experience online with him so I hope you get a chance to check him out.:Up_to_something:

Take it Easy and Have fun Looking-

Josh:tongue:
Sitka, Alaska

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results