shape
carat
color
clarity

Best online diamond sources

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bfready

Rough_Rock
Having given up (at least temporarily) on the Tiffany idea, I''d like suggestions on the best place to find a diamond. I''m looking for a quality product, good service before and after sale, and nice value for my money. I''d like to buy a loose stone and possibly send it to a designer platinum artist to be mounted.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock

bfready

Rough_Rock
What about blue nile? I know they advertise a lot, and I don''t see them mentioned much on here.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 7:02:35 PM
Author: bfready
What about blue nile? I know they advertise a lot, and I don''t see them mentioned much on here.
They don''t give enough info on their diamonds for most, and many times their stones are more expensive.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
What about them?

They're the 4th most popular on the poll...that's not bad.

They're big, and though not known for having an actual inventory...they actually do probably have a larger inventory than most. But, most of their options are virtual. And, whether virtual or not...they don't provide a lot of information about their diamonds, beyond what they show on the website. I hear they're pretty efficient for international shipping.

Vendors like WF & GOG are most known for their in-house inventory, that they provide a lot of info about. Also, I think they have upgrade policies, which I think Blue Nile does not, and that's big for some people.

Pricing for like kind, though is to my mind pretty favorable...based on the given data...which...for rounds at least...is not too bad...based on the opportunity to evaluate based on numbers alone.

I bought from JA, and would certainly consider them again. Probably they're slightly more favorable pricing than BN, but you'd have to check to be sure. JA and the others most favored are more easily findable here (in utilities like the "search by cut option" under Prices), above, and all the more favorable ones will help you more with additional data likes pictures, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
If you think that your GF will ever want to upgrade, you may want to strongly consider GOG or WF, which have lifetime tradeup policies. I know you may not think you will ever use it, but you just don''t know. Many, many women have claimed they would not but after wearing their e-ring for 5 or 10+ years, they have thought differently. Something else to consider.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
jazmine also raises a good point with upgrading.

If you''re not comfortable with the ones listed, do a search on here for them, maybe that will help ease your mind.

MeddlingKids

Shiny_Rock
I''m currently debating using Whiteflash versus Excel. Whiteflash seems to be a tad more established, which is very important for upgrade purposes. But, Barry and Judah at Excel certainly know their diamonds and are also a pleasure to work with.

I bought my gf a set of diamond earrings from Blue Nile. However, given their lack of information and no trade-up policy, I will not be purchasing an engagement diamond from them.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have bought from WF and GOG. Have been very pleased with both of them. And like their upgrade policies. Pearlman''s is great for desginer settings, you can buy a stone from him as well. But with some designers you have to buy the stone from the designer. So that could be out of your budget, not sure. But something to keep in mind. I saw you other Tiffany thread....
2.gif

niku414

Rough_Rock
One of my friends got her engagement ring at :

www.exceldiamonds.com

it looked beautiful ! :) Their customer service was good too-- cuz they returned the 1st diamond that was send to them with NO PROBLEMS.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results