color
clarity

Best of both worlds -- WF ACAs and Steven Kirsch settings

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Best of both worlds -- WF ACAs and Steven Kirsch setting

diamondseeker2006|1305223189|2919832 said:
Phoenix: I LOVE seeing pictures of anything you like since you have such impeccable taste! (And especially anything with milgrain! I adore milgrain but have very fine milgrain on my Legacy ring and Van Craeynest band and I am fearful of milgrain that might not be as well done! It is just hard ordering things you haven't seen in person!)

I will certainly try and take pics of these items at my local jeweller's. Am leaving for the UK soon, so I really hope I can do so before I leave. May have to leave my new(ly reset) eternity ring with them, as the sizing seems a bit wrong and some of the stones are a bit wonky! :nono:

izumi

Rough_Rock

Phoenix, I'd like to ask a question -- how do you like your la pousette backs? Are they easy to handle? Do you prefer friction backs or la pusette backs?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

izumi|1305263601|2920445 said:
Phoenix, I'd like to ask a question -- how do you like your la pousette backs? Are they easy to handle? Do you prefer friction backs or la pusette backs?

Absolutely, Izumi! :)) I thought that they're very safe and would recommend them to other people. But for *me*, they're a bit too fidgety (I have this innate sp? and irrational fear of tearing the holes in my earlobes if I can't just quickly put my studs on - like within 2-3 seconds! 8) ); plus my stems/ posts are very very thin (I had them shaved down at my local jeweller's, after having received the earings from LM) so the La Pousette backs are just too loose on them. So, now I have push-backs but giant ones (with 10, or maybe 12mm I forget, diameter). My posts also have 2 grooves (you can see in the pics in my thread), so if they slip off the first groove, theoretically they should get caught on the second one.

I also figured since i have insurance on them, if they got lost, I could always make a claim; though of course I hope I'll never lose them.

izumi

Rough_Rock

Phoenix|1305264599|2920455 said:

Absolutely, Izumi! :)) I thought that they're very safe and would recommend them to other people. But for *me*, they're a bit too fidgety (I have this innate sp? and irrational fear of tearing the holes in my earlobes if I can't just quickly put my studs on - like within 2-3 seconds! 8) ); plus my stems/ posts are very very thin (I had them shaved down at my local jeweller's, after having received the earings from LM) so the La Pousette backs are just too loose on them. So, now I have push-backs but giant ones (with 10, or maybe 12mm I forget, diameter). My posts also have 2 grooves (you can see in the pics in my thread), so if they slip off the first groove, theoretically they should get caught on the second one.

I also figured since i have insurance on them, if they got lost, I could always make a claim; though of course I hope I'll never lose them.

Phoenix, thanks for your reply. May I ask why you shaved down the posts? I thought LM made them by wire, should be very thin already. I can understand why you use jumbo backs, :love: to carry the 2.5ct plus the huge pearl! :cheeky: I really like your double grooves -- my Mikimoto has double grooves too, and the backs resting on the first grooves make my ears more relaxed.

izumi

Rough_Rock

Dreamer_D|1305222648|2919818 said:
G does have some slight "tint" if you can even use that word to describe a G color stone! :)) I owned a gorgeous G that bordered an F, and it was by favourite color for a diamond. On its own, bright white and crisp. Help next to an E color stone, you could see the ever-so-slight softness of the white -- I could not even use the word "tint" for what it looks like, but slightly less crisp seems right. But for someone like Steven I am sure he would be able to detect that slight body color in a G under 35x magnification! When you see it, I know you will love it.

Dreamer, Steven did use the word "tint", I'm thinking my G maybe a low G if the body color was that easily discovered by him. I never even asked WF that question. :???: Steven mentioned his melee stones are F VS super ideal H&As, I wonder I will see the color differences between the small F and bigger G/H. :confused:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Izumi, I have had diamonds that are F, G, and H, and you can definitely see that the G and H are not as colorless as the F if you look closely. But that is normal! Otherwise all diamonds would be graded D! Ideal cut G's face-up very bright and white, so don't worry! And you can't compare color in tiny melee to a larger stone anyway. F color is fine for that!

And Izumi, I have always used regular backs on my studs and have never, ever, had one come off. Of course it is important to have insurance, too, but push backs are secure unless they aren't put on right! I use a medium size back.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1305116381|2918367 said:
Oh, Phoenix, I am so glad you asked! I adore the front of that pendant but thought the back needed some revising! Here is the earring back that I asked to be put on the back of the pendant. It was just easiest to have them do something they were already doing as opposed to really starting from scratch with an original design. I wanted the back open but prettier! I am posting the proposed back as well as the Barbara back for comparison. I'll be interested to see what you think!

This is an excellent idea! He might even think of altering his original design or at least offering two renderings of the pendant. I love the back of that earring and think it is a great idea for the pendant. I'll be anxious to see the finished product!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

izumi|1305268858|2920492 said:

Phoenix, thanks for your reply. May I ask why you shaved down the posts? I thought LM made them by wire, should be very thin already. I can understand why you use jumbo backs, :love: to carry the 2.5ct plus the huge pearl! :cheeky: I really like your double grooves -- my Mikimoto has double grooves too, and the backs resting on the first grooves make my ears more relaxed.

Oh, it's a long story, but basically one of the holes in my lobes is a bit stretched, hence the fear of over-stretching them and I guess I over-compensate! :knockout: You're right, the LM posts are already very thin, but I wanted them even thinner! :rolleyes:

The G colour, I really wouldn't worry. Diamondseeker and Dreamer are right (but of course :)) ), the G is bound to be a tiny bit less "crisp" than an E or an F, but nothing noticeable. I consider myself quite colour-sensitive but can't detect any tint whatever in G's, not unless they're put UPSIDE down next to E's and F's. Face-up, you won't see anything at all, particularly on a pendant and earrings - really I guarantee you! :bigsmile:

Don't forget also that Stephen is a professional/ in the trade - he's trained to be able to detect the tiniest of nuances! :wink2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks|1305332435|2921267 said:
Oh, Phoenix, I am so glad you asked! I adore the front of that pendant but thought the back needed some revising! Here is the earring back that I asked to be put on the back of the pendant. It was just easiest to have them do something they were already doing as opposed to really starting from scratch with an original design. I wanted the back open but prettier! I am posting the proposed back as well as the Barbara back for comparison. I'll be interested to see what you think!

This is an excellent idea! He might even think of altering his original design or at least offering two renderings of the pendant. I love the back of that earring and think it is a great idea for the pendant. I'll be anxious to see the finished product!

Thanks, MGR! I had that feeling of doubt about the original pendant back and I finally decided to just ask Brian about it and he was so kind and willing to make it better! I got an email from Jamie Friday saying it would be ready next week and I think Brian is really pleased with it! So I can't wait to see it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Izumi, all my diamonds (ring, studs, pendant, bracelet) are all G or H color and appear very white because they are well cut! I didn't mean to make you worry!

izumi

Rough_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1305380476|2921651 said:
MissGotRocks|1305332435|2921267 said:

Thanks, MGR! I had that feeling of doubt about the original pendant back and I finally decided to just ask Brian about it and he was so kind and willing to make it better! I got an email from Jamie Friday saying it would be ready next week and I think Brian is really pleased with it! So I can't wait to see it!

DS, I can't wait to see your finished piece! Are you going to get the 1mm 18' cable chain?

izumi

Rough_Rock

Phoenix|1305352566|2921534 said:
izumi|1305268858|2920492 said:

Oh, it's a long story, but basically one of the holes in my lobes is a bit stretched, hence the fear of over-stretching them and I guess I over-compensate! :knockout: You're right, the LM posts are already very thin, but I wanted them even thinner! :rolleyes:

The G colour, I really wouldn't worry. Diamondseeker and Dreamer are right (but of course :)) ), the G is bound to be a tiny bit less "crisp" than an E or an F, but nothing noticeable. I consider myself quite colour-sensitive but can't detect any tint whatever in G's, not unless they're put UPSIDE down next to E's and F's. Face-up, you won't see anything at all, particularly on a pendant and earrings - really I guarantee you! :bigsmile:

Don't forget also that Stephen is a professional/ in the trade - he's trained to be able to detect the tiniest of nuances! :wink2:

Thank you for the comforting words, Phoenix! I love your double row halo earrings! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results