shape
carat
color
clarity

Best of Boston!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bethan

Rough_Rock
My fiance and I live in the Boston area. I spent many months searching for the right diamond in my price range. After talking with a wide range of jewelers and seeing many many stones, I finally selected a diamond from Hefez & Sons (JAMY Diamonds) which is located in the Boston Jewelers Exchange building in Downtown Crossing. I made this choice because of the value and quality that they offered, and also because of the great way I was treated by this jeweler. I worked with Joe Hefez. He was patient and answered my many detailed questions. He and his staff were welcoming during my visits and fun to work with. In the end, I could not have been happier with the ring I selected or with the process overall. My good luck continued during the appraisal process with Stephen Marino of Reading, MA. Stephen was extremely flexible in terms of arranging a time to meet and he was very detailed in his appraisal process. He took the time to ensure I understood every aspect of my purchase. He, too, was very impressed with the workmanship and the value I received from Hefex.

In closing, many thanks to those amazing resources -- If anyone in Boston is seeking a great jeweler or independent appraiser, contact these guys! I''ve attempted to attach a photo of the ring....

IMGP1544.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Georgous ring!!!

My original engagement ring came from Hefez in Boston (my husband can''t remember which of the brothers he worked with), but he also had a great experience with them.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful ring..more pics please
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Would love to see more pics and hear more about it.
1.gif
36.gif

togal

Shiny_Rock
That is an absolutely beautiful ring. I really love the diamond shank. It''s just gorgeous. Congratulations.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is a lovely, lovely ring!!!

bethan

Rough_Rock
More pics

IMGP1538.JPG

bethan

Rough_Rock
The underside

bethan

Rough_Rock
Oops... try this again

IMGP1546v2.JPG

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring. What are the specs?

bethan

Rough_Rock
2.13 carat I SI1 Radiant center
Platinum shared prong eternity band with 1.6 ct of round diamonds

I''d have to look up the rest. It was an amazing learning experience. I had to hunt forever for an eye-clean center stone and it took a really long time. We are still learning... just last night we went for the first time into a mall store that had halogen lighting and the ring was ALIVE! Now I know how some of those scam artist jewelers play with crazy lighting in their stores. If there is anything I can say to those who are out there working on a "ring project" like mine... take your time, work with someone you trust, and go way beyond the 4 C''s to find something that you can afford that you and your fiance will love forever.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
your ring is lovely

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
wow I absolutely love your ring! Can we see a profile shot too??? It is fab, esp. for an I color....you should take some pics in natural light, too!

bethan

Rough_Rock
I''ll try to get some outdoor shots soon. I think I lucked out. As I said, I did look around and this was the whitest stone I saw in the G-I range which is where I stuck so I could get a 2 plus ct stone. The appraiser said this Radiant looked G because of the exceptionally good cut. And the SI1 inclusions are very scattered and small. So it''s eye-clean ... I''ll work on some outside pictures.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is a fabulous ring! I love to hear about people who have positive experiences with their local jewelers, I hope you will post some more pictures...the one you have a such a tease it is so sparkly!
36.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring. Glad you had such a wonderful experience to remember. Congratulations on your engagement!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!! It look so white and sparkly and huge! Congratulations!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh My your ring is soooooooo beautiful. It is so sparkly too. Would love to see outdoor shots also.

Linda

rms

Brilliant_Rock
How lovely and unique!

ksprincess

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is so gorgeous! Its just what I had pictured in my own head and now I see it and love it even more. I just can''t decide radiant or princess cut center. Congratulations on the wonderful bling!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful! I love the radiant center stone and the setting is really perfect for it!
36.gif
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
very pretty! Enjoy it and have a great time planning the wedding!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely lovely, Bethan!

Congratulations!

widget

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Breathtaking stone and design...love it!!!
36.gif

CT026

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!
30.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...it looks great! Such a white "I" colored stone! Congratulations!

bae7

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely beautiful!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it!!! You did a wonderful job. The setting looks perfect for your diamond and the ring looks beautiful on your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results