shape
carat
color
clarity

Best micro pave setting in NYC, Philly or Cleveland

lwiern1

Rough_Rock
I am looking to get an engagement ring that is an oval with micopave halo, but want a very dainty halo where you can still see the diamonds and not too much metal. I fell in love with several of leon mege's rings, especially the one attached, but have some concerns regarding the durability of his work based on some reviews. Can anyone recommend other jewelers in the new York, Philadelphia, or Cleveland areas that do exceptional hand forged micro pave rings?? I have looked at Lauren B, Victor Canera, and a few others, but all the halos I see appear to be too bulky to me! Any information would be greatly appreciated.

img_4296.png

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
lwiern1|1457848718|4004312 said:
but all the halos I see appear to be too bulky to me!

What size are the images you're looking at? You should always shrink the images in a photo manipulation software until they are close to life size before you decide how bulky something looks. This is because the perspective that you get from a highly magnified image always makes everything look too bulky, (and if it's not "bulky" enough it won't have any durability).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Syevrn Korach.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
I can't speak to the others, but I just had a halo done by Victor Canera and it's anything but bulky. I hadn't seen one in person before I received mine, and I can honestly say that pictures don't even come close to conveying the delicacy of the ring (although I'm sure the same applies to Leon's and Stephen's).

Mine looks almost like a solitaire in the middle of a little circle of floating diamonds. From the top down I literally can't see any metal at all, from the side I can see a super thin band. If you don't want to see any metal, you could always have pave done on the sides too.

lwiern1

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone. I will look into steven. We really want to meet the jeweler face to face, so I think Victor is out. Do people think I should still consider Leon Mege since his are the ones I love the most? Or is it too risky knowing he can be fickle and hearing that some of his work isn't durable>

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1457854343|4004331 said:
Syevrn Korach.

:lol:

I know someone in NYC MUCH better than Syevrn.

http://www.stevenkirsch.com/ ;)) ;))

However, I also need to say that Victor Canera does outstanding pave, and his is not bulky by any stretch of the imagination. I know of two people who prefer his work over Steven's and they have had both. Just had to mention that to be fair.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/comparison-photos-of-my-victor-canera-sk-leon-ring-setting.166496/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/comparison-photos-of-my-victor-canera-sk-leon-ring-setting.166496/[/URL]

However, I think a ring from either one would be outstanding. Those are the top two as far as I am concerned for that type ring.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ROFLMAO. I didn't catch that.

That's what happens when you post on your phone.

lwiern1

Rough_Rock
I think my concern is I live in Cleveland and will be getting married in Philly and can make it to NYC easily. Going to LA is another story! I am VERY hesitant to work with a jeweler without meeting face to face, especially because I already have a wedding band that needs to fit with the engagement ring and need to make sure the two line up. Any info on how it is to work with VC long distance? Are his prices similar to LM?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lwiern1|1457917722|4004686 said:
I think my concern is I live in Cleveland and will be getting married in Philly and can make it to NYC easily. Going to LA is another story! I am VERY hesitant to work with a jeweler without meeting face to face, especially because I already have a wedding band that needs to fit with the engagement ring and need to make sure the two line up. Any info on how it is to work with VC long distance? Are his prices similar to LM?

Almost all of us who have things from Victor did it from a distance. You could send the wedding band with the diamond so they could be sure it matched up in height, etc. Yes, Victor, SK, and LM are all around the same price range, but sometimes one will be a little more than another. These guys have shops to produce rings and none are like a showroom. So I personally have never seen a need to go there. I have always done custom projects from a distance. Same with Steven, of course. I think if going there is important to you, though, that is fine.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1457916396|4004672 said:
ROFLMAO. I didn't catch that.

That's what happens when you post on your phone.

That was very funny!!!! :lol: I knew it had to be from your phone!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can also try Brilliantly Engaged's handforged bench.

Although, if I had the budget for Victor I would at least call, and see if you can reach a meeting of the minds. It's worth a phone call.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
For what it's worth, I live in London and had Victor make my ring sight unseen and didn't run into any issues. I'm sure any of the three will make you a gorgeous ring.

lwiern1

Rough_Rock
Thank you all! I am going to contact LM, VC, and brilliantly engaged. Anyone know anything about Eternity by Yoni? Someone posted a pic of a gorgeous halo. I don't think the work is hand forged, but it is beautiful!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-oval-halo.204293/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-oval-halo.204293/[/URL]

or Maytal Hannah?

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-53-ct-oval-halo-by-maytal-hannah.212461/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-53-ct-oval-halo-by-maytal-hannah.212461/[/URL]

I really appreciate all the feedback!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would suggest VC, Steven Kirsch (SK), Leon Mege (LM) and Brilliantly Engaged (BE) - as others have posted above. Start with these 4. I think that you will find a good fit with at least one of these four. If you do not like them, THEN come back for more suggestion. Four is a good number of vendors to reach out to, and you have four of the best (IMHO) there.

lwiern1

Rough_Rock
I have been getting some quotes from VC and LM and they slightly out of budget. I found a ring I liked by eternity by Yoni. Anyone have ideas about him or his pricing? Will CAD be able to get the fine delicate halo with minimal metal like hand forged? some of the jewelers who use CAD claim they can, but that is contrary to what I have been hearing!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask Brilliantly Engaged and ID Jewelry to get you quotes for the hand forged setting you'd like.

I actually visited IDJ yesterday, and they explained to me that they have different benches based on what they need to have made, so they have access to hand forging bench as well.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is your budget? I mean if it's not reasonable for what you want, then it's not reasonable.

sharonp

Rough_Rock
lwiern1|1457848718|4004312 said:
I am looking to get an engagement ring that is an oval with micopave halo, but want a very dainty halo where you can still see the diamonds and not too much metal. I fell in love with several of leon mege's rings, especially the one attached, but have some concerns regarding the durability of his work based on some reviews. Can anyone recommend other jewelers in the new York, Philadelphia, or Cleveland areas that do exceptional hand forged micro pave rings?? I have looked at Lauren B, Victor Canera, and a few others, but all the halos I see appear to be too bulky to me! Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I wouldn't be more worried about LM as the others concerning durability.
Would SK and VC fix the work for cheaper than LM if it was damaged, bent, or you lost a stone?Anyone?

The size of your centre makes all the difference as for dainty halo.
A 3 ct Oval Halo with 1 pointers looks dainty, 1 Ct oval with 1 pointers doesn't have the same dainty look and this has nothing to do with how big or invisble the prongs are.

LM may be more expensive but if its a stock code piece with no changes on his website he might be pretty close. I'd go with him easily especially if you can talk to him in person and the price is within budget. But I'd also go to visit Steven as well and if both are out of budget BE.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You should read LM's reviews on here. There are numerous reports of there being durability issues with his settings. And no, he is not more affordable then VC or SK.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am also looking for a halo for a reset for my 1.01 round stone. Can I ask how Brain Gavin and Good Old Gold compare to to VC and SK?

I contacted BGD and asked if they could create a cushion halo and they informed me that the could. But, hate not seeing a visual of it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results