carat
color
clarity

Best Lipstick Suggestions

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
princesss|1331153391|3143217 said:
distracts|1331099679|3142626 said:
I can't remember the name of my favorite from that one but it's a nude color, and is the only nude lipstick that has ever worked for me, which is ironic because it's Covergirl's "Makeup for dark skin colors" collection and I am the whitest white that ever whited.

Bahahahahaha, I soooooo hear you on being the whitest white that ever whited. Oh my goodness. I have embraced my pale skin, but it does make things difficult sometimes.

Oh, this made me laugh out loud! I am the palest of the pale, and I live in Minnesota so 9 months of the year I have to wear blush or I look like I'm dying. I feel like lipstick is 'too much' with my pale skin, but have recently started wearing CoverGirl Lipsticks in Daring and I LOVE it! It was on the recommendation of a blog I read, Nothing But Bonfires, and she wasn't kidding--it really is the perfect 'my lips are slightly chapped' color for those of us who like a more sheer pop of color.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am a HUGE fan of Bobbi Brown! I also wear L'Oreal. Do you want colors too?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
rubybeth|1331322944|3145141 said:
princesss|1331153391|3143217 said:
distracts|1331099679|3142626 said:
I can't remember the name of my favorite from that one but it's a nude color, and is the only nude lipstick that has ever worked for me, which is ironic because it's Covergirl's "Makeup for dark skin colors" collection and I am the whitest white that ever whited.

Bahahahahaha, I soooooo hear you on being the whitest white that ever whited. Oh my goodness. I have embraced my pale skin, but it does make things difficult sometimes.

Oh, this made me laugh out loud! I am the palest of the pale, and I live in Minnesota so 9 months of the year I have to wear blush or I look like I'm dying. I feel like lipstick is 'too much' with my pale skin, but have recently started wearing CoverGirl Lipsticks in Daring and I LOVE it! It was on the recommendation of a blog I read, Nothing But Bonfires, and she wasn't kidding--it really is the perfect 'my lips are slightly chapped' color for those of us who like a more sheer pop of color.

Haha, YES. If I don't wear blush, people always ask me if I'm feeling well, and then tell me I look sick. The number one reason I wear makeup is to avoid that question.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I wore Chanel for years, until I moved back to a drier part of the the country. Now I like Lipstick Queen, which for me is the best combination for long-lasting and moisturizing. And they last forever. I like the Saint version of the colors, because the Sinner versions take more attitude than I can muster up most days. http://www.lipstickqueen.com/ Natural and Nude are the perfect your-lips-but-better colors.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I'm loving these suggestions! My problem is every lipstick I've tried just dries out my lips. I do live in a ridiculously dry climate, so that is part of the problem. The other problem is I have a mild allergy to any lip stuff. I can wear it occasionally, but as soon as I start wearing it every day the allergy acts up. I have used the Bare Minerals glosses and like them...but they are a bit sticky.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Korres Mango Butter lipstick. Sheer and moist, but not sticky. Love it.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks for the suggestions so far!

I just bought a tube of Clarins Rouge Prodige in Blackberry while I was out this weekend. It is fairly long lasting and doesn't dry me out as long as I slept with something moisturizing on my lips the night before.

I also got some of that Covergirl in a nude shade that I quite like. I have never ventured into the nude shades b/c I am pretty pale but it has a hint of pink so it works.

OneCatOneDog

Rough_Rock
I love love love Chantecaille lipsticks. A cosmetics buyer for a luxury department store recommended them to me several years ago, and I've not used anything else since. They are creamy, long lasting, and most importantly don't wash out on my pale skin. I usually use the Rosehip color, I probably have 4 tubes of it in various places.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YSL just introduced a line of stain/glosses that has a full range of colors from nudes to reds, oranges, pinks & purples. Pricey, but great colors and it stays on really well.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blackpaw|1331177627|3143677 said:
I havent used Chanel in a long time (stopped when i realised they test on bunnies) but i recall them being good quality.

Huh, I thought Chanel doesn't test, but alas, they're not on PETA's list.
From MC

According to the Chanel website, they do not test on animals. http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragrance-beauty/FAQ-28105#what-is-the-policy-of-chanel-on-animal-testing-and-the-use-of-animal-byproducts-

DD was quite upset when she found out they could be testing on animals, so she sourced this out for me and I thought I'd share. :read:

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Dare I say that I think that I have found the Holy Grail of lip stains? I am obsessed with finding the perfect lip stain. I have stains that cost $10 and stains that cost $30, they all have the same problems, uneven application, dry out your lips etc. Well, yesterday I picked up Revlon's new Balm Stain when I was at the drug store. It is hands down the best stain ever! It is basically a chubby stick (so no leaking container). It was easy to apply and the color actually lasted all day. My lips never got dry and the color faded evenly on my entire mouth. I ran out after work and bought 4 more colors. The only down side is that I have had a bit of a hard time finding the right color for me. I finally found 3 colors that I really like. I plan to put all my other lipsticks away and just carry these 3 colors around in my purse.

Has anyone else tried this line yet? I am curious to know if other ladies like it as well as I do.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Maisie|1331130604|3142834 said:
I don't wear lipstick, I wear Dior Addict Lip Glow. Its sort of like a lip balm but it enhances your own lip colour. I really love it, my lips turn a lovely dark pinkish colour and the added benefit is the moisturiser in the balm. Makes your lips lovely and soft :))

How long does the color last?

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Skippy|1331325847|3145173 said:
I am a HUGE fan of Bobbi Brown! I also wear L'Oreal. Do you want colors too?
Yes please ! :appl: :appl: :appl:

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
To add some info to my earlier post regarding lip stain. The whole name is Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (which is a ridiculously long name). I have now tried six of the 12 colors and my favorites thus far are: Honey, Crush, Darling and Adore. As I said I have pale coloring so these look best on me. I had also purchased Smitten and Lovesick which looked terrible on me but lovely on my sister who is slightly darker in coloring than I am.

If you are interested in trying these, get them when you see them b/c I understand that they have been selling out.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought the Chanel lipstick and I do NOT find it lasts... at all! Gotta say, I feel totally ripped off. I bought Maybelline 14 hour lipstick and if feels so much better (creamer on my lips) and it last so much longer. Skip CHanel, I highly suggest Maybelline instead!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Enerchi|1339819394|3217505 said:
I bought the Chanel lipstick and I do NOT find it lasts... at all! Gotta say, I feel totally ripped off. I bought Maybelline 14 hour lipstick and if feels so much better (creamer on my lips) and it last so much longer. Skip CHanel, I highly suggest Maybelline instead!

Does it really last 14 hours as promised?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, doesn't last 14 hours... maybe 4 - 6 if I top it off with a gloss of some sort, but certainly longer than my 'regular' lipsticks... and you should see my purse/pockets/desk/car console... there is not a place that does not have SOMETHING for my lips! I'm always applying a moisturizer/lip balm/lipstick/gloss. Why is that? Are my lips made of sponge and salt????? :rolleyes:

The other Maybelline product I purchased was their 6 hour lip stick - it doesn't last 6 hours either, but it sure feels creamy and the colour stays on for quite a while. I'm thinking... lip tattoo??? :lol:

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
blackberry16|1339817787|3217490 said:
To add some info to my earlier post regarding lip stain. The whole name is Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (which is a ridiculously long name). I have now tried six of the 12 colors and my favorites thus far are: Honey, Crush, Darling and Adore. As I said I have pale coloring so these look best on me. I had also purchased Smitten and Lovesick which looked terrible on me but lovely on my sister who is slightly darker in coloring than I am.

If you are interested in trying these, get them when you see them b/c I understand that they have been selling out.

I like those Revlon stains too, and since they're like felt tip markers, they allow for precise application. An even cheaper option is the NYC Smooch Proof Lip Stain. The key with all these stains is to exfoliate your lips first.

I've been using the Maybelline Super Stay 10 Stain Gloss lately. It's got a wand applicator that is less precise than the pen-type stains, but the product is thicker, like a cross between a gloss and lipstick. Don't be alarmed - when first applied, some of the colors are drag-queen-bordello-like, but I let the product absorb for a couple minutes, then blot off firmly. Depending on the look I'm after, the color can be tempered even further with a gloss or balm ( I like ID Bare Escentuals for longevity). I can't say it lasts a full 10hrs, but even mid-afternoon, my lips still have a nice flush after the gloss has worn off.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Very few cosmetics companies are certified cruelty free. They either animal test or buy products from companies that animal test.
None of the big names mentioned so far in this thread are cruelty free. Check out this website-http://www.buav.org/

sixbillionstars

Rough_Rock
Aoife|1331330925|3145239 said:
I wore Chanel for years, until I moved back to a drier part of the the country. Now I like Lipstick Queen, which for me is the best combination for long-lasting and moisturizing. And they last forever. I like the Saint version of the colors, because the Sinner versions take more attitude than I can muster up most days. http://www.lipstickqueen.com/ Natural and Nude are the perfect your-lips-but-better colors.

I also love Lipstick Queen-my favorite! My favorite color is "Trance".

I have really dry lips and the other ones that don't accentuate that are: Clinique Buttershines and Fresh Sugar lipbalms (passionfruit is a nice sheer red- similar to Dr. Pepper lipsmacker).

I also like just putting a layer of Benetint on and clear gloss over that.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I find this thread so frustrating. Ditto all the nail polish threads. Whether or not I agree with you, I think valid arguments can be made for the continued consumption of animal flesh and medical testing on animals. But if we are not willing to stop using cosmetics and creams that cause the suffering of animals I fear we are going to hell in a handbasket and I just hope y'all are happy with the way you look on arrival. Pucker up for the big karma kiss.

sixbillionstars

Rough_Rock
lulu|1340062436|3219045 said:
Honestly, I find this thread so frustrating. Ditto all the nail polish threads. Whether or not I agree with you, I think valid arguments can be made for the continued consumption of animal flesh and medical testing on animals. But if we are not willing to stop using cosmetics and creams that cause the suffering of animals I fear we are going to hell in a handbasket and I just hope y'all are happy with the way you look on arrival. Pucker up for the big karma kiss.

I checked out the link you posted. I had assumed from what I read online that the makeup brands I used did not engage in animal testing but now I've learned that while the cosmetics themselves are not tested, they contain components that are. Now I know.

I think you'd have an easier time getting your message across if you didn't tell people they're going to hell- even if hell did indeed exist, I doubt you'd have to worry about lipstick (or any other makeup for that matter) since it would all melt anyhow.... :devil:

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
MC|1331227284|3144029 said:
Blackpaw|1331177627|3143677 said:
Im a NARS convert :wavey: i got my first one a couple of months ago and as soon as im back in the city ill be buying more! Great taste, mild or no fragrance, and great, saturated colour that doesnt look to dry (i live in a dry climate too!). Worth the extra money from the MAC lipsticks that i used to buy.

I havent used Chanel in a long time (stopped when i realised they test on bunnies) but i recall them being good quality.

Huh, I thought Chanel doesn't test, but alas, they're not on PETA's list. FWIW, Estee Lauder, which owns MAC, Bobby Brown, Clinique, etc., was on the PETA non-testing list but has been removed after it was discovered they're testing on animals in labs in china or something like that. They're being sued along with Mary Kay and Avon for false claims of being "cruelty-free." Now I have to find new eye cream b/c I was using Clinique...

MC, just saw your reply, im so sad about this, i have a fair bit of MAC stuff :(sad

Lulu, thank you for posting that site, its very hard to find out who does and doesnt test, when half the companies are lying and having other people do their dirty work for them :angryfire:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results