shape
carat
color
clarity

Best Lighting to See Fire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
What are the best lighting conditions to see the fire in a diamond? Should I see it all of the time if it scored a .9 TIC and all excellents on the HCA?
Thank you
1.gif

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
Orange halogen!
There must be some other technical terms for the lighting, but I'm just a layman.

... and you don't see it all the time, unless your diamond runs on battery.
21.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Tee hee, where can I get one of them battery opperated diamonds
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sunny day in the shade of a tree when the wind is moving the leaves.
Get it in the right position and you could spend hours looking at it untill the light changes enough to force you to move cuz the fire is gone.

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all of your feedback... going to go try it out.
1.gif

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
This is taken with a halogen torchlight shining on it.
twirl.gif

Firepic.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/forum/hangout/is-it-normal-for-it-to-not-sparkle-all-the-time-t19707.html

Check out this thread. You'll be able to plan home improvements, eat lunch, and participate in a number of other exciting activities all while being mesmerized by the fire in your stone. Just make sure you have someone else along to keep you from bumping into walls!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/6/2004 7:05:31 AM Garry H (Cut Nut) wrote:

Few very bright small light sources, in an otherwise dark environment so there is no overall brightness to mask the fire.
(Brightness is the enemy of fire)----------------

I think this describes the infamous Macaroni Grill lighting... all those little bright bulbs in an otherwise dark environment.
love.gif
9.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Another excellent source is in some elevators that have led pin lighting. It's direct lighting and well cut diamonds are ablaze in them. I would also add ...
a. direct sunlight. Face your back towards the sun and the crown of your diamond towards it. A beautifully cut stone will send off flares of color that'll get the attention of the National Guard.
b. Just about any 5800 degree direct light source will do it which includes many of the suggestions given here.

Strmrdr's conditions (under a tree on a sunny day), IMO is a view that best shows the appearance of the diamond in ambient light. The sun is not directly hitting the diamond but the natural daylight (shaded by the tree) falling onto the diamond reveals another, yet very beautiful, light condition and happens to be one of my favorite.

Whether you observe fire or not in ambient light conditions is dependant upon the strength of that ambient light. If it's sunny out you will get a soft dispersion which is just amazing but if the sun goes behind a cloud all dispersion will disappear and the primary observance will be that of white light return (brilliance) as opposed to fire.

Gary ... I think I'm finally getting your statement "brightness is the enemy of fire". Sometimes these lil cliche's can be difficult to understand if we don't know the light conditions you're referring to (concerning observance).

Peace,

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Great suggestions, all!
1.gif

My diamond goes most crazy in WALMART!!!
6.gif
Yes, Walmart!
9.gif
It does there what I love best... it gives off 1,000+ little slivers (like "pie slice" slivers!) of shimmering, glorious fire and color... man, I LOVE that! I could look at that forever!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Funny thing, though, today I was in a different Walmart... and it wasn't QUITE the same. VERY, very good but not quite as mesmerizing as MY Walmart! (Little different lighting perhaps, or maybe the ring was dirty today?!)

Anyway, I ditto Home Depot, diffuse sunlight, the bathroom, Macaroni Grill, and the grocery store (that's really beautiful, too)... but I'm tellin' ya'... (my) WALMART is THE BEST!
2.gif
1.gif
10.gif

Lynn

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LOL Gary ... I can only imagine what you SMS text messages say...
naughty.gif

Lynne... no wonder why Walmart is the #1 seller of diamonds in the country.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results