shape
carat
color
clarity

BEST Inexpensive setting source?

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to get an inexpensive oval stone set, preferably in bezel but open to other settings. I did get a quote for $450 for 14K ring. Is that the best I can do? It is a standard size (8 x 6 oval).

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stuller is strictly wholesale & jewelers don't all charge the same mark-up to retail customers, which is why it can pay to shop around. But to give you an idea of what to expect, here's the Stuller page for oval solitaire (gemstone) settings via Love Affair Diamonds' website that shows LAD's retail pricing; prices vary depending on ring size, the size of the setting's center stone & the metal alloy, so it's important to make your choices from the drop-down menus on the listing page for each setting:
https://www.stuller.com/browse/mountings/rings/for-gemstone/oval/solitaires/?page=1&facetValues[3].Second=14k&facetValues[3].First=metalkarat&facetValues[2].Second=8x6mm&facetValues[2].First=pim_primary_stone_size&facetValues[1].Second=oval&facetValues[1].First=pim_primary_stone_shape&facetValues[0].Second=3_11211_11235_11252_11256&facetValues[0].First=cat5&facetValues[4].First=pim_gender&facetValues[4].Second=ladies

P.S. Depending on the depth of your stone, you may need to select a 3C option, which offers greater customization. My apologies for the huge honkin' URL above!

Last edited:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What’s the maximum you want to spend? Do you want side stones? Does it have to be 14k? Are you open to 10k or silver?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
P.S. Let me add that nicely-done bezels are harder to accomplish than prong settings, so if you'd like the oval stone to be bezel-set, don't make your decision on price alone. Ask to see examples of bezel settings that the jeweler's "bench" has done. :))

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would prefer 14k yellow gold, but am open to a stock prong setting, maybe a 6 prong. It's 4 mm deep, so not so deep. I'll take a look at link. I don't have a local jeweler, it will be a hunt to find someone to set it...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you check any of the eBay setting vendors in the vendor sticky thread?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you already checked out etsy vendor Janish Jewels? Jill Anish does lovely bezels and you can do silver and/or gold ... her prices are very reasonable, her work is high quality, and her turnaround is usually quite fast. I highly recommend her. https://www.etsy.com/shop/JanishJewels

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Ivy and Rose is an option as well.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Have you already checked out etsy vendor Janish Jewels? Jill Anish does lovely bezels and you can do silver and/or gold ... her prices are very reasonable, her work is high quality, and her turnaround is usually quite fast. I highly recommend her. https://www.etsy.com/shop/JanishJewels

She's in my general area. I have thought about getting stones for earrings that are not super pricey, but was put off by possible setting cost. If I find a pair, I may try her.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results