shape
carat
color
clarity

Best ideal cut lab rounds for earrings

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I am looking for 6.5mm, 2ctw lab round diamond studs. I’d like as close to super-ideal cut as possible; H color or higher; eye clean. I’ve worn diamond studs almost daily for over twenty years. I do not think I will ever want to upgrade this pair as I pretty confident that this will be a great daily wear size for me (and I have other options for when I want to shake it up).

My first choice is to go with DG’s Distinctive Hearts & Arrows line. I’ve bought from Jonathan in the past several times and I love his stones. But for a one carat stone, they are $2,850 (priced at GVS1 minimum). James Allen’s 1 carat, GVS1, True Hearts cut is $2,040. The price difference is almost 40%. I’m leaning towards custom settings so the availability of setting options is less important to me.

What would you do? DG, JA, or another vendor altogether? I appreciate gorgeous diamonds but do not have specific preferences on ratios and percentages, so I really like having the ASET and Idealscope data.

Thank you so much for any insight you can share!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a 40% price difference, I would go with James Allen over Distinctive Gem. With the Ideal-Scope images on the True Hearts line, you can pick out a pair pretty close to super ideal.

Adiamor is another option. I found these two pairs.

The second pair has GCAL 8x reports, which gives you a full slate of cut analysis. I'd say these are among the best of the best cut.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Kim!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A potential pair from James Allen.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results