shape
carat
color
clarity

BEST FOR HIS MONEY

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

carbon lover

Rough_Rock
HEY GUYS,
MY BOYFRIEND JUST PROPOSED, AND SAID I HAVE $ 20,000 TO SPEND ON A RING! yippie!
ANYWAY, I WANT A ROUNDCUT WITH ONE BAGET ON EACH SIDE, IN A PLAT SETTING LIKE TIFFANY
SO........STARTING TOMORROW, WHERE DO WE GO!
appl.gif
wavey.gif
rolleyes.gif
1.gif
6.gif
sad.gif
9.gif
10.gif
12.gif
wacko.gif
tongue.gif
sick.gif

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi Carbon lover,

Pricescope has a complete selection of reputable vendors
to choose from, and would be considered as a perfect starting ground...

Buy Informed!

Kirk Konst

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!
1.gif

Definitely run a search on Pricescope (go to pricescope.com and then use their search engine by typing in your specs or pricing requirements) and see what comes up. With a budget of $20k you can get a stunning rock and ring! I'd focus on getting a good cut stone also which will make your stone look better than most. Recently someone on here got a great cut 1.78ct round brilliant F VS for about $17k...so you can get something along those lines and then spend some money on a setting. Or get a more expensive stone, and cheaper setting etc. Or get a smaller stone, etc and save some $$ or spend more of it on great cut, etc. You have many options!

Check out some of the following links besides Pricescope's vendors (some of which I may repeat below...) and you'll be well on your way. Using the web is a great tool, you can purchase online if you see a stone, or offline if you have a favorite jeweler. The tools online help you virtually view a stone so it is almost as though you see it in person.

Anyway here are the sites. Some will offer you more info and some will offer you less..you make your own decision on which to use.

WhiteFlash.Com
GoodOldGold.Com
DiamondOptics.Com
SuperbCert.Com
BuyDiamondDirect.Com
BlueNile.Com
Diamond.Com
DiamondWholesale.CC (a division of WhiteFlash)
DirtCheapDiamonds.Com
NiceIce.Com

Thats all I can think of for now but there are many more out there. Be sure to check price per carat when comparing prices of the above vendors, but when doing this, be sure that the color and clarity of your comparing stones match up or else the ppc will not make as much sense to use (e.g. be sure stone #1 is a F VS and stone #2 is a F VS too as matching stone #1 to a stone that is H SI will not make sense for price per carat matching as the higher quality stones cost more per carat).

WhiteFlash has a good selection of settings as does NiceIce and BlueNile, Diamond.Com etc. Or run a search on google for settings and you will find many websites! You can buy the diamond loose and then have it set into the setting of your choice. I would suggest if you purchase online to get the diamond appraised by an independent party before purchase, this may cost a few hundred dollars, but many of the online vendors have no problem sending the stone to an ind. appraiser before you pay for it, to ensure things check out okay. Then you have peace of mind!

Anyway I am sure others will have suggestions too...but this should get you started! Good luck!
1.gif

lacina

Shiny_Rock
Hi Carbonlover,

Your boyfriend is my kind of guy! I have also proposed with $20 000 check
and it was received very well,...This way you'll get what you want!.
In my case I needed to add a bit more cash to make my wife even happier
Congratulations!

George
GLE Gem Imports

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results