shape
carat
color
clarity

BEST CUSTOM RING MAKERS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Choices7727

Rough_Rock
Hey Everyone,

I have a ring that I would idea that I would like to be custom made

Who in Orange County or Los Angeles are the best at designing and making rings

Thanks again for the refferals!!!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Do a search for 23rd Street Jewelers (in LA) or Singlestone (for antique style settings) and see if those bring up anything to your liking.

ETA: Good call, Sera! I always forget about Maytal! Yummzies, is her stuff ever pretty!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Maytal Hannah! My ring is being made by her right now!
36.gif
Her work is absolutely amazing and she is a pleasure to work with. She''s in L.A. but does not have a storefront.

23rd Street Jewelers makes some beautiful things; they are located in Santa Monica and Manhatten Beach.

Singlestone is another, also located in L.A.

They all have different looks to them. All of these have been used by PS members, so you can search to hear the feedback and see the bling.

Choices7727

Rough_Rock
Have you heard of Goldenstate Jewerly in Los Angeles

Do they do good work?

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Never heard of them. If you want, you can post a photo of the style you''re interested in and folks may be able to steer you towards someone who can execute that style appropriately.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I suggest visiting the jewelers in your area. Look for jewelry designers, and not just jewelers. Take a look at their work. Does it sing to you? Pick a designer whose work you just love. You are much more likely to be happy with the results. I have found several local designers in my area who work with the colored stones that I prefer this way.

Good luck!
35.gif

Choices7727

Rough_Rock
Actually I can''t figure out how to add a picture on this. lol

Can you tell me how

Thanks

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2008 6:12:47 PM
Author: Choices7727

Actually I can''t figure out how to add a picture on this. lol

Can you tell me how

Thanks
How to add pics

kooj

Rough_Rock
Simone and Son -- located in Huntington Beach (Orange County) -- I''m currently having my ring made there and I''m really happy with how things are going. Everything is designed via CAD (Computer Aided Drafting), while you watch even (on a giant TV behind the designer), and you get to get things exactly how you want them every step of the way up until the actual design is rendered as a beautiful picture that looks nearly like what you''re going to get, then it''s created in wax and cast and then made by their in house jewelers. Perhaps it''s just the giant computer geek that I am that makes me so happy with this place..

Check out all the reviews, I highly recommend this place and I don''t even have my ring finished yet.

Choices7727

Rough_Rock
Ok this computer pretty much hates me

BUT I did figure how to do the link button

CLICK HERE FOR PIC 1

View 1

Pic 2

Side View

Thanks for your help though!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2008 10:11:33 PM

CLICK HERE FOR PIC 1

View 1

Pic 2

Side View

Oh.....you need to buy this ring from Tacori. I wouldn''t even consider trying to have it copied. Did you gf pick out this design? Just want to be sure.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I think I've seen the ring before on PS!

I went with The Custom Goldsmith in Santa Ana Main Place. I have to say though, their design is not the design that ps'ers usually go for, but we went with them because they were more to our taste. Yale Jewelers in Santa Monica might be a better choice, but they didn't reply to our email. They are listed on PS's "Resource" section though. Anyway, do a search, and the vendors that the previous posters listed will come up.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2008 10:15:27 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Date: 4/4/2008 10:11:33 PM

CLICK HERE FOR PIC 1

View 1

Pic 2

Side View

Oh.....you need to buy this ring from Tacori. I wouldn''t even consider trying to have it copied. Did you gf pick out this design? Just want to be sure.
I''m with ds on this! Very pretty ring, but because it''s so different I would want to be sure it''s something she wants.

Choices7727

Rough_Rock
Would you folks recommmend that I go with white gold or Platinum

This ring looks likes it''s has alot to it and might be more on the delicate side.

let me know what you think...

Thanks

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know many women that would turn down platinum
9.gif
. Some like the different tone of WG over platinum but I don''t like that it requires rhodium replating every so often.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2008 4:07:45 PM
Author: pixley
I don't know many women that would turn down platinum
9.gif
. Some like the different tone of WG over platinum but I don't like that it requires rhodium replating every so often.

Ditto! Also, PLEASE just buy this from Tacori. It will be so much nicer and probably cheaper too. This design is just too hard to copy.

Also, (ignore this if you are the woman!) just wanted to make sure that she did have a hand in picking this out. It is an unusual ring (I think in a good way!) but I know many women that wouldn't like it...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results