shape
carat
color
clarity

Best Certificate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondjane

Rough_Rock
Can anyone list all the certificates (and there are quite a few) to consider, in order of recognition, respectabliity, reliabilty, etc?

Thanks.
confused.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know all of them, but I would suggest GIA and AGS as the top 2 with EGL, IGI etc following up. Though some tout EGL US as having a similar strictness to GIA, it's really about preference. GIA sets most of the standards for which stones are graded/judged by.

I wouldn't focus too much on the certificate, if you find a great stone, get it appraised at an independent appraiser and they can tell you if it matches the cert and probably many many things that the cert does not say anyway. Some people on here have also gotten great deals without certification, and just had the stone appraised for confirmation.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Dear Jane,

It's a very hot topic and it has been discussed several times. You might want to do a search to find out a ton of infos
1.gif
You'll find enclosed my PERSONAL opinions
1.gif

1A HRD(Maybe I'm a little biased here as I live in Europe, but they are VERY consistent and nowdays even stricter than GIA)
1B AGS-GIA
2A PGS-IGI Antwerp
2B EGL LA
3A EGL NY
4A IGI USA-EGL Tel Aviv
99Z (
9.gif
) EGL Antwerp

Giangi

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results