shape
carat
color
clarity

Best bras for slim women wth large cup size

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
On Freke''s thread, many of you mentioned that you order bras from England. I live in the US & wear a 34DD, and have yet to find a bra that I love. Well, actually, they had one at Target of all places that I loved about 3 years ago, I bought a few, but they are now falling apart & have discontinued the design - I can''t find it anywhere
emcry.gif

I find that most of the bras for slimmer ribcages don''t go above a D or DD cup, and bras for larger cup sizes only come with larger band sizes. I''m currently wearing some Bali & Maidenform bras that I picked up, but I really don''t like them anywhere near as well as the Gillian O''Malley bras I used to get from Target.

Can you please recommend some good bra brands? I would like to hear about the ones from England you can order, but any other American brands would be good to hear about as well. Thanks!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I'm a 34D, but my strap is always on the smallest notch. I guess my ribcage is small (which probably makes my size Ds seem bigger than they are)

I get my bras from Victoria's Secret, but the fit isn't 100%. I still feel like they're made for B or C cups and just sized up for D. The ones that are push up make the girls a little too large, but the ones that aren't don't hold them up enough. I really hope some others have suggestions!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
If you go into Nordstrom's, they have a great lingerie department and will properly fit you and spend a good amount of time finding a bra that fits really well. I have had great luck there.

ETA: I'm the same size you are.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Vespergirl, I just got sized last week and found out that I am a 34DD as well after wearing a 36D for years. Even in the Bali/Hanes outlet they had limited number of 34DDs, and the salesgirl said when these sizes come in they sell out very quickly. It would be nice if they had samples of each size and style in the stores so you could try them on and then order.

I bought 2 Bali bras and one is a minimizer (style 3353) which I have been wearing and it is quite comfortable and supportive.The other (3414) is called a concealor/Minimizer which I will be wearing tomorrow. Most of my tops are bottoned in the front and I need the minimizer or else I suffer from the dreaded "gap".

I was at Kohl''s earlier in the week and had the same problem finding 34DDs. I am wondering are there still stores that just specialize in undergarments (not Victoria''s Secret) ? I remember my mom buying her undergarments at a store like this when I was growing up.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 1:38:11 PM
Author: neatfreak
I''m a 32DD/E and I looove this bra:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2815323?Category=&Search=True&SearchType=&keyword=lingerie+in+All+Categories&origin=searchresults

I usually get mine from Nordstrom. They always have a great selection in my size.

I also have the lace version of this bra and a few others from this brand that are great too.
Ooh, that looks great! I may order one and see how they like it! The fit, fabric & molding looks similar to the Target bra I used to like. Looks like it could work for me - thanks!

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
How I found the sites that carried odd sizes was looking for ''large cup bras'' in google. I found links that had small to average band/large cup bras.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 2:27:59 PM
Author: vespergirl
Date: 4/10/2009 1:38:11 PM

Author: neatfreak

I''m a 32DD/E and I looove this bra:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2815323?Category=&Search=True&SearchType=&keyword=lingerie+in+All+Categories&origin=searchresults

I usually get mine from Nordstrom. They always have a great selection in my size.

I also have the lace version of this bra and a few others from this brand that are great too.

Ooh, that looks great! I may order one and see how they like it! The fit, fabric & molding looks similar to the Target bra I used to like. Looks like it could work for me - thanks!

No problem! Best thing about Nordstrom is they will take anything back if you decide you hate it for some reason. But I have had really great luck with that line. They hold the girls up well, are super comfy, and look smooth under tops.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
M&S are very affordable (sometimes even downright cheap). Sizes are usually true and have very nice sets.

http://www.marksandspencer.com

Also has cute bra finder by size which is time saving.

[Both do international shipping but not on every product, just check the T&C''s before you set your heart on anything]

Hope this helps
1.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 1:34:43 PM
Author: ladypirate
If you go into Nordstrom''s, they have a great lingerie department and will properly fit you and spend a good amount of time finding a bra that fits really well. I have had great luck there.

Ditto on Nordy''s. I''m a HUGE fan of Natori - I wear a 32DD and they make my everyday bras, super comfy.

Other brands I''ve had good luck with are Chantelle, Elle McPherson intimates and Auribe - not cheap, but they come in my size and fit really well. But the key is trying them on, and having a fitter/salesperson who knows what they are doing.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone heard of the Fantasie brand bras?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
we need a SMTB forum.
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 11:32:22 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
we need a SMTB forum.
31.gif
HA!!! In your dreams....
11.gif
3.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
we need a SMTB forum.
31.gif
You go first....

11.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
we need a SMTB forum.
31.gif
HI:

Sorry to hijack DF--but could you meet my on my thread in who''s who? I have something I;d like to ask you (no, no show you!!!!)

cheers--Sharon

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 6:59:35 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Date: 4/10/2009 1:34:43 PM

If you go into Nordstrom''s, they have a great lingerie department and will properly fit you and spend a good amount of time finding a bra that fits really well. I have had great luck there.

Ditto on Nordy''s. I''m a HUGE fan of Natori - I wear a 32DD and they make my everyday bras, super comfy.

Other brands I''ve had good luck with are Chantelle, Elle McPherson intimates and Auribe - not cheap, but they come in my size and fit really well. But the key is trying them on, and having a fitter/salesperson who knows what they are doing.

Ditto on the Elle McPherson intimates--they run a little small in the band, too, which is nice.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 8:13:15 PM
Author: soocool
Has anyone heard of the Fantasie brand bras?
I have and I''ve tried them on too. They''re beautiful bras that fit really well but they''re $$$$!

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I really like Victoria Secret''s "Body by Victoria, Unlined Full Coverage" Bra. It gives you the support you need without looking like a harness and it''s really comfortable. LOL They have demi cups and others as well in that line, but I prefer the full coverage style.

Good luck. I know how irritating it is to have a bra that''s uncomfortable!
32.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Have I got the place for you!

I''m a 32C, another difficult to find size. The idea that this is the *same* as a 34B just ain''t so.

Elenors-Boutique

They''ve got quite a few choices in the 34DD range.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 1:05:13 PM

Ditto on the Elle McPherson intimates--they run a little small in the band, too, which is nice.

Oh yeah! Forgot to the mention that - they do run small in the band. I''m usually a 32DD, but in her stuff I consistently need a 34DD.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 3:07:58 PM
Author: mayachel
Have I got the place for you!

I''m a 32C, another difficult to find size. The idea that this is the *same* as a 34B just ain''t so.

Elenors-Boutique

They''ve got quite a few choices in the 34DD range.
I checked them out on-line and they''re located in NJ...Hmmmm, if I get a chance I may visit the store. Not too far to drive.

Do you find that you still need to try on the bra to make sure you get a good fit, or once you know your size, pretty much they all fit well?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Chantelle''s 32 C (demi) is a perfect fit for me. Love their bras.

cheers--Sharon

niccia

Shiny_Rock
I used to order bras from here because I have larger breasts but a very small back (28-30).... http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie
There are a few specialty boutiques in Canada that carry many of these bras now, so I usually just go there.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
On the whole, I don''t need to try "better" brands on. VS and Elle never fit true to size. But they also aren''t known for being cut well. Among my friends, they''ve had hodge podge luck in Kmart over VS. I love their panties, but I don''t know who their bras fit.

I bet you could call and ask how certain styles run, as bra techi women in that type of specialty store really do know their lines and want you to be amazed. That was how I first discovered how much more comfortable and better looking a 32C was on me vs. a 34B.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for your replies, everyone! I am going to try some of these (especially the Mystere) with my Mother''s Day loot next month. I really appreciate your feedback!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I used to be a hardcore fan of the Victoria''s Secret Ipex Demi. They''re expensive (at $40+ each) but so worth it. But... then they went and cheapened their construction and I''ve been snapping them up on eBay so I have all sorts of weird colors now. Its only a matter of time until those wear out too.

I''ll have to try the Nordstom''s route once my last beloved Ipex Demi dies.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results