shape
carat
color
clarity

Bernd Munsteiner Fantasy Cut Aquamarine - San Diego Appraisal

Tiber55

Rough_Rock
Hello,

My parents have what was sold to them as a Bernd Munsteiner "Fancy" Cut Aquamarine 7.26 Carat.

They offered that if I would like to make it into a wedding gift for my fiance they would give it to me on the condition that I have it appraised and insured properly

My concerns are thus, is there anyone in San Diego/ L.A. area that can confirm that this is a Bernd Munsteiner Fantasy cut and give an insurance value for the stone.

How valuable is the stone, I know I don't have a picture right now but it was a significant purchase around 3,000 in 1986 is the value significantly more now?

It is a rectangular stone maybe an inch and a half long is there any way to set this safely in a necklace pendant style for special occasion wear, if so are there any jeweler recommendations in the L.A. area.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If your parents don't still have the original paperwork, I'm hopeful that the aquamarine is laser-engraved with either his name or his BM maker's mark (such identification, however, would be visible only with a high-power loupe.)

If you were in NYC, I'd be suggesting that you have Aaron Faber on 5th Avenue do the appraisal. Not ordinarily whom I'd suggest for jewelry-related appraisals, but Aaron Faber has long carried Munsteiner jewels, and still does:
https://www.aaronfaber.com/designers/atelier-munsteiner/
Plus, I've seen AF offer pre-owned Munsteiner jewelry pieces (and, I think, loose stones) through the years. So I imagine AF would be a "good fit" for this particular appraisal.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results