shape
carat
color
clarity

Bent and alone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mount pleasant boy

Rough_Rock
What do you all think -

My fiancee is an avid (right-handed) squash player, and it has been advised that she remove the delicate e-ring to play.

If a wedding band has a bend in it to wrap around the solitaire of the engagement ring - does it then look funny when worn alone? Or, is it best to get stones all around, so that the bendy bit can be twisted to the palm side?

Thanks.

Mount Pleasant Boy

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Yes, the wrap rings look odd when worn alone. They are meant to be an enhancer, not to stand alone. That's the main drawback with them. What you are describing is an eternity band which I suppose you could have custom made to wrap. I have never seen a wrap eternity band but perhaps someone else here has and can chime in on that. Personally, I take all my jewelry off when I'm working out or doing anything physical. Why risk damaging or losing something as expensive and sentimental as your wedding rings needlessly?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi MPB!

Does it look weird? Most women think so: in fact I have yet to see an exception from the rule. If you want to make a custom band, well, a strainght, plain one can be made to sit well near must rings. Diamonds bands are trickier because of their size, as you know. I don't think this dilema has received a definitive solution to this day. More so, a previous post on PS mentioned that the girl would not consider turning the ring around either! did you ask? If this is accepted, than, I guess it is a possible solution.

What setting style do you want (pave, channel, prong, bezl, others?) Not all the styles mentioned work, or work well around that bent in the ring. For example, in a chennel setting rounds would work or, otherwise, you'd need custom cut stones. Actually, I'd make sure I know what the jeweler has in ind to do with any of the styles, since there is bound to be some technical difficulty involved.

Conclusion: ask about wether turning the ring is acceptable for the wearer, and if not, what is (including the respective gap).

Hope this helps a little...

mount pleasant boy

Rough_Rock
Hi Ana,

Thanks for your view about this. I'm not sure what we will do, but I'll let you all know.

Best wishes,

MPB

wink2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results