shape
carat
color
clarity

"bending" wedding bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lisah

Rough_Rock
My fiance recently purchased a gorgeous wedding band with diamonds and saphires to match the diamond and saphire engagement ring. We want to have the band "bent" to fit snugly around the center diamond of the engagement ring since, right now, there is a space between the band and the engagement ring to the right and left of the center diamond. How much should we expect to pay for this service? Any recommendations on who to go to for such a service? (We live in Stamford, CT)

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I agree with oldminer, with a photo it may be much easier to tell you what would need to be done. This could be easy, but then again it may be a very difficult job at this point.------------------
StevL
www.demsjewelers.com
www.eightstar.com

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Normally a ring is fitted to another in advance of setting stones into it. Once the stones are set, there can be no bending the ring without damaging the metal holding the stones. You may ned a different mounting constructed and have the stones from the wedding band reset into it.You might consider splitting the wedding band and placing some sort of thin, curved spacer connection in the split that would go around where the main diamond is set in the engagement ring. This would bring the rings closer together and might look passable.It might be less costly than a full remount....Post a photo of the rings and I can give you more accurate advice..------------------
David Atlas
Accredited Gem Appraisers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results