shape
carat
color
clarity

Bench jeweler recs in Los Angeles? Transitional .5ct diamond in lovebird setting

Nevish

Rough_Rock
This little beauty was posted on Loupetroop this week and I snapped it up within three hours of its posting :evil2: I am SO excited!! I love the details in the setting and I'm very intrigued by the fact that its 20k white gold (I've never heard of that!). I've tried googling the "lovebird" mark and have found a couple of other rings for sale but not info on the maker or era.

It's supposed to be delivered on Wednesday, and I'll have to get it resized from a 5.5 to a 6.25. I cannot trust this little darling to my usual bench jeweler. Who should I go to in LA? My main concern is getting a decent match for the color of the white gold.

lovebird5.jpg Lovebirds2.jpg Lovebird.jpg lovebirds0.jpg lovebird back.jpg

Nevish

Rough_Rock
David Klass has an excellent bench, but he's busy. I would call to ask if they can help.

Yes he was definitely my first thought, though I'm unsure if he would take such a small job. I'll definitely ring them up first though!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Wow the carvings on that are very very special.

I agree with Klass. Don’t give up if he doesn’t reply right away!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty. Concur with the Klass recommendation. He has sized quite a few rings for me. Good luck.

WestsideLisa

Rough_Rock
Hi, all. I haven't been on this site since I got my engagement ring -- 15 years ago! I have a beautiful Mark Morrell ring, but sadly, I haven't been able to wear it because it's too small. I miss it!

I wanted to send my ring back to Mark, but he is not taking any projects right now as he lost the lease on his studio. I am in Los Angeles, and would like to find someone here who can re-size the ring, as well as do a "tune up". Is David Klass the one to trust with my Mark Morrell beauty?

I also have a dumb question about this. I'm paranoid that if I leave my ring somewhere, the diamond will be swapped out for a fake. How do I deal with this fear?

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• Ring.JPG
    Ring.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 8

Tayberry

Shiny_Rock
This little beauty was posted on Loupetroop this week and I snapped it up within three hours of its posting :evil2: I am SO excited!! I love the details in the setting and I'm very intrigued by the fact that its 20k white gold (I've never heard of that!). I've tried googling the "lovebird" mark and have found a couple of other rings for sale but not info on the maker or era.

It's supposed to be delivered on Wednesday, and I'll have to get it resized from a 5.5 to a 6.25. I cannot trust this little darling to my usual bench jeweler. Who should I go to in LA? My main concern is getting a decent match for the color of the white gold.

lovebird5.jpg Lovebirds2.jpg Lovebird.jpg lovebirds0.jpg lovebird back.jpg

Very nice ring, looks brand new how many years did you wear?

WestsideLisa

Rough_Rock
Very nice ring, looks brand new how many years did you wear?

That picture was from when the ring was made, so that's why it looks so new! I was just posting the pic so you could have an idea of what type of ring it was in order to make a recommendation. Thanks!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, all. I haven't been on this site since I got my engagement ring -- 15 years ago! I have a beautiful Mark Morrell ring, but sadly, I haven't been able to wear it because it's too small. I miss it!

I wanted to send my ring back to Mark, but he is not taking any projects right now as he lost the lease on his studio. I am in Los Angeles, and would like to find someone here who can re-size the ring, as well as do a "tune up". Is David Klass the one to trust with my Mark Morrell beauty?

I also have a dumb question about this. I'm paranoid that if I leave my ring somewhere, the diamond will be swapped out for a fake. How do I deal with this fear?

Thanks so much!
Re the swapping out fear, you learn what your diamond looks like under a loupe so you can identify it upon return. The grading certificate should have a clarity plot on it so pull that out and get to know your diamond!
Realistically a busy and well known jeweller like David Klass isn’t going to ruin his reputation for one diamond, even if it’s especially large or well cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results