shape
carat
color
clarity

ben bridge signature diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

69gm

Shiny_Rock
hello all,

i was just at ben bridge to get an idea of settings and the salesman (who obviously wanted to sell me something) showed me their signature diamond. i must say it was very sparkly. the salesman told me that this was achieved by adding facets on the pavilion. he then let me look at the stone through a fantasyscope which would normally show the H&A patterns. but on their signature, it looked more like a flower in place of the arrows and a chrysanthemum (sp?) on the hearts side.

what do the experts think about this diamond and is this type of cutting exclusive to ben bridge or are there other people who do this type of work. it did definitely make it look sparkly...

thanks.

69gm

Shiny_Rock
no one has an opinion on this?
confused.gif

another thing: i noticed that ideal cut round diamonds are pretty much cut the same way. no i don't mean to say that all ideal cuts are the same. but the THEORETICAL cut (the number of facets, how and where these facets are cut, etc.) are the same. that's why essentially, they show somewhat of a H&A pattern (some better than others i know).

does that make the ben bridge signature diamond radically different? is it patented exclusively to them, or is this a form of cutting that they just happen to call their "signature" diamond. just wondering since i've never come across a diamond like this except from them.

it sure does look sparkly...but do the experts have an opinion of any drawbacks of cutting a diamond in this way vs. the mainstream ideal cut diamond.

just curious and trying to increase my knowledge.
read.gif
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check out the LEO diamond threads. The LEO stones have extra facets as well. The consensus from what I have seen is that these branded 'signature' ideal stones or stones with extra facets are just throwing stuff on to make it unique. A well cut RB will look better than any LEO or signature Ben Bridge anyday. Also some comments in the past noted that extra faceted stones look 'different' and/or odd when you get them home and into everyday life. Kind of along the lines of...is that a real diamond?

Also I have to say that while Ben Bridge is okay for things like little pendants or the like, in my eyes they are a mall jeweler, or at least a big chain jeweler--so I'm not surprised they have a unique diamond for sales purposes. The difference? You'll drop alot more on a flower shaped image than a H&A.

2.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the reply mara. i didn't know of other diamonds like this. very interesting.

i hear ya' about the "maul" comment. they are waaaayyy over-priced. i was just curious about what they had. the signature diamond interested me only because it was "different". as to whether the difference was actually good or not remains to be seen i guess.

i can always count on you to point me in the right direction.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results