shape
carat
color
clarity

Belgian Ideal Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dymonite

Rough_Rock
I looked at a couple diamonds which were labelled Belgian Ideal Cut which came with a grading certificate.

They looked good under the I-Scope and came with a nice laminated cert with Sarin data - only info missing was polish/symmetry.

I ran the data on them with HCA scores of 1.1 and 1.4 - quite impressive!

Who knows anything about this outfit?
Where are they from?
How reliable are they?
Are there the same quality issues as HRD?

Are their colour/clarity ratings reliable?
Could they fudge the Sarin data?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Are you in Australia?
There is a Queensland wholesaler who produces their own certs with a Sarin report.
They are not always "ideal" as we would class them here, but there are nice goods among them.
The Grading is not independant, but we agree with them more often than not.

dymonite

Rough_Rock
Yes,

I am in Australia. The certificate is A4 size but no indication of origin. They use their own cut grading system - a bit like AGS (clearly not based on your data or GIAs). They classify the diamond as 'BIC' Belgian Ideal cut if falling within their tolerances.

The sarin data is complete - with star/girdle facet ratios. They rated the diamond as E colour, SI1. Can I presume that they can't be far off in this regard.

BTW who is this Queensland firm? - I might have seen them on the net as wholesalers to retailers and not the public.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results