shape
carat
color
clarity

Beginning an upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
We are planning to upgrade my e-ring. My current center stone is a .80 RB in a five stone setting. My w-band is also a five stone setting. The nine smaller stones are 20 pts. each, in "rounded" bar settings. I want to go up to ~1 ct in a H & A cut. I have been lurking on this site for quite awhile, but I am strongly considering a HOF stone
23.gif
. I know about the mark up, but the stones have seduced me
31.gif
....I visit them at the jewelers on a regular basis. Don''t send me back to the cold, cold world where people don''t understand about my DDD (Dissociative Diamond Disorder).

angeline

Ideal_Rock
risingsun - I hear you about your DDD! don''t worry , you have a safe haven here...
9.gif

I bought a HOF 2ct ring, of 10 x .2 ct. Yes they are beautiful, but I have since bought and changed and upgraded several ideal cut stones from Whiteflash. I am here to tell you... I SO wish I had saved the 11k I spent on the ring from HOF and put it towards a stone from one of the online vendors here. They are equally as beautiful and a lot less cost then the HOF.

Tha all said if you heart is till set on the HOF, go for it! But i think you should maybe look around the vendors here... WF, GOG, James Allen... you will get a LOT more bang for the buck! Oh plus they have fabulous upgrade policies... unlike HOF where you have to double the amount you spend, for example at WF you only need to spend $1 more and you can upgrade your stone! I have used this facility a couple of times.

Good luck!

a

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
angeline-thanks for the welcome
1.gif
This year is the stone upgrade. Next year, the setting. However, given the diamonds I have in the e-band and w-band, I'm not sure I have a lot of choices. Suggestions are always welcome. I've read in the forums the concern about the w-band stones scratching the e-band. In my current setting, that doesn't happen. I guess I should worry about the center stone first!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results