shape
carat
color
clarity

Beginner needs some advice...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Matty

Rough_Rock
Hello All. I''m new to this. Currently looking at two diamonds on WhiteFlash and wondering anybody''s opinion on them. Here are the links to both.

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-183721.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-140223.htm

I saw that the first on is graded by using the old AGS cert without the new light catagory, should I be concerned with this? Does one look better then the other? Lastly is H color good, meaning if I had the same diamond in G or I color could I tell the difference not being an expert on diamonds. Or should I look more for a G? Hoping both give off amazing sparkle.

Thanks!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS
35.gif
I like the first one better than the second one. The IS image, the numbers etc.. It looks like a winner to me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first one is much better, and it will appear larger than the other. A 1.5 ct. stone should have a diameter of about 7.4mm, which the first one does have. Sparkle is determined by cut, not color, so H color will have no effect on the sparkle. I have two H color WF diamonds in earrings, and they are very beautiful. H is a good value, in my opinion, because it is near the top of near colorless but has a price savings over G color. I personally did not want to go lower than H, though.

avlis

Shiny_Rock
I like the first stone, i would pass on the second stone. If you want a light perfonance report, you could always select an appraiser that does it. The color is a matter of preference, I purchased an H and it looks white to me, but i dont think i am very color sensitive, and it does have strong blue flouro. color is really subjective as to what is liked and not liked.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
another vote for #1..

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
#1.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2007 5:26:52 PM
Author:Matty

I saw that the first on is graded by using the old AGS cert without the new light catagory, should I be concerned with this? Does one look better then the other? Lastly is H color good, meaning if I had the same diamond in G or I color could I tell the difference not being an expert on diamonds. Or should I look more for a G? Hoping both give off amazing sparkle.
1. No, I wouldn''t be concerned about the lack of light category on this grading report. Because it''s an ES stone, it doesn''t get submitted for the DQD document (higher cost). WF only asks for DQRs on their ES stones.....so it''s entirely possible the stone would achieve the light performance standard IF it had been submitted that way.

2. I think the first one does look better than the second one. I''m suspecting the first one would have been an ACA and likely failed on the hearts patterning, but probably performs really well otherwise.

3. H is fine - I own 4 H stones of varying weights (.30, .75, 1.25), and all face up with no tinge of body color as set.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results