shape
carat
color
clarity

Beginner Looking for Advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hirokun22044

Rough_Rock
To start I would like to thank everyone for any help they can provide.

I am currently shopping for my soon to be fiances ring and have my mind set on an AGS Ideal stone of about 1.00 C. What are your thoughts on the following stone?

Also my current girlfriend would like a subtle platinum setting w/side stones and her ring size is 5.5. What type of width would maximize the size of the ring without being too gaudy. I have looked a a number of e-retailers and have not been able to find a platinum setting with a width less than 3mm. I have a feeling it may be a little bit too big.

Specs - Round Brilliant

Carat Weight - 1.05
Clarity - VS2
Color - F
Polish - Ideal
Symmetry - Ideal
Proportions - Ideal

Measurements - 6.52 - 6.56 * 4.03 mm
Depth - 61.6%
Table - 56%
Girdle - Medium, Faceted
Culet - None
Flor - Medium Blue

Price ~ $ 7,569

I have seen the stone and think it looks great but then again what do I know. Thanks again for any and all insight.

Hirokun22044

21.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Hirokun, that stone looks lovely so far, but as people here will tell you, you need the angles to get a better idea of the cut of the stone. And AGS Ideal is a good start, for sure! As for price, you can check into comparable stones here by plugging in the stats of what
you want above and doing a search on comparable stones.
669_large.jpg
This picture is of a Vatche platinum 3-stone ring. It's about 2 1/2 mms wide, I believe.

Whiteflash has two ACA stones that look comparable to yours:

1.038 F VS2 AGS Ideal H&A $8,327.00
1.041 F VS2 AGS Ideal H&A $8,410.00

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
The price looks comparable to other similar diamonds currently listed with PS Vendors. As Patty mentioned, the numbers look great so far, but you might want to ask for a Sarin to get the Crown and Pavillion angles.
1.gif

Hirokun22044

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback. In regards to the angle information :

Pavil Angle - 40.9''

Crown Angle - 34.6

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results