shape
carat
color
clarity

Before I leave....something different....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Well...after a relatively short time on the BIW list, I am off in the morning to my destination wedding/honeymoon in St. Croix! The last few days have been crazy, and I was starting to get a little sad thinking that I might not get everything done/I won''t look perfect/I might forget something....all that jazz. But I realized today that it''s time to just take a deep breath and enjoy. Things will be what they will be with the wedding and I am sure everything will be just fine in the end.

Also wanted to take the time to thank everyone on PS who helped me along the way in the planning, both directly and indirectly. I got a lot of ideas and advice and all of it was definitely helpful and much appreciated. So when I come back in about a week I will be a Mrs! Wow.

In any case, I thought I''d post this picture because I don''t know that I have heard it mentioned here. Below is a picture of a special wedding broom. During the time of slavery, African-Americans were not able to get married in the traditional way so instead they would "jump the broom" and once on the other side could proclaim themselves as married. Many people incorporate this tradition into their ceremony as a sort of tribute to our ancestors, and I decided to do the same. A woman in my area makes custom brooms and I think she did a great job with ours, and I loved it so much that I wanted to post it here...

broom.JPG

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I also wanted to post the personalized welcome bags that I ordered from foryourparty.com.

welbag.JPG

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
What a good post! You''re right... whatever happens, you''ll be married and it will be lovely! I love your broom! and those bags!

Congratulations! Enjoy the week! Enjoy the wedding! and ENJOY your marriage!!! Have a great time in paradise and bring back lots of pics!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sumbride!! I am definitely looking forward to the sand, sun and fun!

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
One....your broom is beautiful!!!! I''m going to have my broom decorated by my florist so that it matches my flower arrangements. Congratulations on your wedding!!! Have fun!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your broom is beautiful. Have a great time and enjoy every minute!!!
35.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have a fantastic time and let everything else melt away!!!

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
Your broom is beautiful!!! When you get back, you are going to have to give me the contact information to order one!
36.gif

Congratulations and enjoy!! Everythinig is going to be perfect!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Jump that broom, baby!!

Have a fantastic time!!! Can''t wait to see pics when u return

BTW, love those personalized welcome bags...

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...that broom might even make me WANT to clean!

On second thought, not really, but it is beautiful =)

RZ

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results