shape
carat
color
clarity

Been around the block a few times?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I''ve not only been around the block, I''ve canvassed the city, covered the region, and spread the happiness through much of the country.
31.gif

It was the 70''s, what can I say
9.gif

As far as SO''s, I''ve been proposed to 10 times, accepted 7 times, and followed through to marriage 4 times.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
1 serious HS boyfriend, 1 long term college/post-college boyfriend, a sprinkling of guys I "hung out" with for awhile but would not consider boyfriends, some random dates, and my DH!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 2:23:56 PM
Author: purrfectpear
I've not only been around the block, I've canvassed the city, covered the region, and spread the happiness through much of the country.
31.gif

It was the 70's, what can I say
9.gif

As far as SO's, I've been proposed to 10 times, accepted 7 times, and followed through to marriage 4 times.
PP! You have crammed a lot of lifetimes into one life!
21.gif
Leave some men for some of the other gals, will ya?
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/19/2009 3:27:31 PM
Author: trillionaire

I''ve not only been around the block, I''ve canvassed the city, covered the region, and spread the happiness through much of the country.
31.gif

9.gif

As far as SO''s, I''ve been proposed to 10 times, accepted 7 times, and followed through to marriage 4 times.
PP! You have crammed a lot of lifetimes into one life!
21.gif
Leave some men for some of the other gals, will ya?
2.gif
PP--
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
You crack me up.

I''ve terrorized plenty of men. They will all (*sigh* ok, except one) tell you that they''re better people for having known me.
9.gif

Oh good grief. I dated.. A LOT.... so.. at least 15 guys that were boyfriends... and dated WAYYYYYY more than that. Like at least 50. I was a serial dater. I would get bored and move on. FI and I have been dating almost 3 years which is my longest relationship. He is so stuck with me!

When I look back at all of the dating I did I am so
14.gif
38.gif
20.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
This topic makes me laugh trillionaire. DF and I actually met, way back when I was dating my first serious boyfriend. When I think about all the people between....ay. I wish we were ready then! But we weren''t. So instead we were friends for close to 10 years before we started even casually dating.

3 long term relationships, another 4 people to waste some time with but knew it wasn''t going to get serious and finally DF path and mine lined up again.

He''s definitely my forever person.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
3 serious relationships before FI, a couple of random things.
3.gif

He had 2 serious relationships and was a bartender. Come to your own conclusions. LOL!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
First love
infatuation relationship
first real relationship
soulmate (wasn''t the right time)
toys
Husband.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 4:27:04 PM
Author: mayachel
This topic makes me laugh trillionaire. DF and I actually met, way back when I was dating my first serious boyfriend. When I think about all the people between....ay. I wish we were ready then! But we weren''t. So instead we were friends for close to 10 years before we started even casually dating.

3 long term relationships, another 4 people to waste some time with but knew it wasn''t going to get serious and finally DF path and mine lined up again.

It''s funny, when I met FI, I was pretty sure he was interested in me, but I wasn''t interested in him, and was starting a relationship with another guy.
3.gif
The other guy was my 1st BF, and that lasted about 4-5 months, which seemed like an eternity when I was 18. I took me a long time to get over him, and FI and I became very good friends while I was working through getting over the ex, which meant he knew all of the stories and drama about my ex, lol!
28.gif
The weird thing is, my ex was at one point thinking of dropping out of school to join the military, and he kept encouraging me to talk to FI, saying that he was a really nice guy, yadda yadda yadda.
33.gif
What guy does that???? (answer: insecure guys with personal issues!)

I sometimes wish that FI had dated at least SOMEONE before, so that he would recognize how great I am and how good he has it!
9.gif
2.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 6:58:43 PM
Author: radiantquest
First love
infatuation relationship
first real relationship
soulmate (wasn''t the right time)
toys
Husband.
This is very curious to me, I''d love to hear more... do you consider hubby your soulmate? Are you still in touch with your soulmate?

Hope you are willing to share!

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
1) First love: lasted 4 years or so

2) rebound guy.. lasted 6 months.

3) chased after another guy for 6 months.. finally hooked him and relationship lasted 6 months

4) 2.5 years

5) 1 year "casual" thanng.. or at least it was for him. I was head over heels and he wasn''t

6) my current guy.. so far it''s been 3 years.

I would consider them all pretty serious - except maybe the 2nd guy.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
31.gif

9.gif

Oh this made me smile :)

I don''t know if I should congratulate you, call you lucky, or maybe call you unlucky :)

Either way, it sounds like you''ve had some ups and downs, have a story to tell, and love life!

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Oy...4 real relationships including FI but sadly a lot of what I would not call relationships, but rather fun or learning experiences. I had a repressed childhood so I went a little nuts in college, my FI knows this and is amazing and didn''t judge me.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 10:14:33 PM

It''s funny, when I met FI, I was pretty sure he was interested in me, but I wasn''t interested in him, and was starting a relationship with another guy.
3.gif
The other guy was my 1st BF, and that lasted about 4-5 months, which seemed like an eternity when I was 18. I took me a long time to get over him, and FI and I became very good friends while I was working through getting over the ex, which meant he knew all of the stories and drama about my ex, lol!
28.gif
The weird thing is, my ex was at one point thinking of dropping out of school to join the military, and he kept encouraging me to talk to FI, saying that he was a really nice guy, yadda yadda yadda.
33.gif

I sometimes wish that FI had dated at least SOMEONE before, so that he would recognize how great I am and how good he has it!
9.gif
2.gif

Oh, I bet he does realize!! There''s something nice about not having your heart broken too many times.

I also wanted to add that the best part about having known one another through past relationships was the feeling that it was just so easy and uncomplicated. While it took a bit to get past the shock of looking at one another in a new light, there wasn''t any need/room for pretenses.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2009 11:43:46 AM

Date: 8/19/2009 10:14:33 PM

3.gif
28.gif
33.gif

9.gif
2.gif

Oh, I bet he does realize!! There''s something nice about not having your heart broken too many times.

I also wanted to add that the best part about having known one another through past relationships was the feeling that it was just so easy and uncomplicated. While it took a bit to get past the shock of looking at one another in a new light, there wasn''t any need/room for pretenses.
I agree 100%!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Let's see...starting in high school (so right around age 14/15)

Dated J for a month...definitely not serious
single for 3 - 4 months
Dated C for 2 and a half years. He was a couple years older than me and after a year of him being away at college we called it quits. Still good friends, although we've definitely become different people over the years. He and FI get along like gangbusters.
Single for 2 months
Dated M for 3 and a half years. Really nice guy, but he was more into it than I was. Really messy break up, but we keep in touch occasionally at this point.
Single for a 3 months or so--was living abroad and dating around a lot.
Dated a different J for 3 - 4 months. He was English and it ended amicably when I came back to the states, although we aren't in contact any more.
Single for 8 months
Dated a different C for a month
Single for...a few days?
Dated L for a year. Nice guy, but then I moved a thousand miles away and it didn't work out. We still keep in touch occasionally, but don't see each other often.
Single for 4 months or so - dated around a lot, but nothing serious.
Got together with FI, although he had to wait for a month after he first asked me because I had to decide whether I was ready for another serious relationship!

So yeah...I've been around the block a few times, but I finally found the right stop.
3.gif

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
I kind of came full circle with FF. He was my first "boyfriend" when I was 12.
There were 3 less than six month boyfriends before age 18
First serious relationship (4+ years) all throughout and a little after college
One rebound guy after that

FF and I re-connected as friends right at the tail end of the 4+ year relationship, so he saw it all...the crying, regrets (the guy was waaaaaayyyy more into me than I was into him, which is mostly why I stayed with him for all those years, but I felt incredibly guilty because I didn''t give nearly as much to the relationship). The rebound guy was the last relationship I was in, and I was prepared to die alone before I ever settled/stayed in a relationship that wasn''t 1000000% right. FF made the same determination, which is shocking because he was quite popular with the girls. FF was single (and wanting us to date) the whole 5 years we were best friends before we got together, I was single for about 4 of those years. Then one day I (finally!) realized I had the perfect guy for me right in front of my face
1.gif

waxing lyrical

Shiny_Rock
One long term relationship. Dated a handful of other guys. Nothing serious. I was DH''s first girlfriend/relationship.

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 2:14:44 AM
Author: jjc
I kind of came full circle with FF. He was my first ''boyfriend'' when I was 12.
There were 3 less than six month boyfriends before age 18
First serious relationship (4+ years) all throughout and a little after college
One rebound guy after that

FF and I re-connected as friends right at the tail end of the 4+ year relationship, so he saw it all...the crying, regrets (the guy was waaaaaayyyy more into me than I was into him, which is mostly why I stayed with him for all those years, but I felt incredibly guilty because I didn''t give nearly as much to the relationship). The rebound guy was the last relationship I was in, and I was prepared to die alone before I ever settled/stayed in a relationship that wasn''t 1000000% right. FF made the same determination, which is shocking because he was quite popular with the girls. FF was single (and wanting us to date) the whole 5 years we were best friends before we got together, I was single for about 4 of those years. Then one day I (finally!) realized I had the perfect guy for me right in front of my face
1.gif
Which one of these smilies is a sappy guy in tears?

Great story jjc!

Treefrog

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s asking a lot of me to remember what I''d consider to be "relationships".
9.gif

1) HS bf of about 8 months - was single for about 6 months after this ended.
2) HS sweetheart - dated 2 years. was single for about 3 months after this ended.
3) Ex FI - 2 years - was single for about 1 month
6.gif
after this ended
4) HS sweetheart Part II - 1.5 years - single for about a year
5) BF of about 1 year - long distance for much of it, then when we moved to the same city, we ended it.
6) Had a lot of dates for the next 2 years
7) Somewhat serious BF for about 6 months.
8) Another 6 month relationship.
9) DH - so far it''s been 7.5 years together.
30.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
31.gif

9.gif

You go girl! I will admit to kissing one or two frogs along the way
emwink.gif

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 2:49:37 PM
Author: Gailey
emwink.gif
<--- sniff, sniff. You say that like it''s a bad thing.
39.gif
7.gif
39.gif
7.gif
39.gif
39.gif

9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/21/2009 3:35:52 PM
Author: treefrog

emwink.gif
39.gif
7.gif
39.gif
7.gif
39.gif
39.gif

9.gif
9.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4 prior serious relationships (by serious I mean we were in love, not necessarily that we were thinking of marriage since we were really young). I had 3 year-long relationships in highschool and an intense romance with someone my freshman year. Aside from that, there were another handful of boys (and some girls) that were flings and for the purposes of sowing wild oats. All this was mostly before I turned 18 and met my current husband (we've been together over 4 years, recently married this month).

Haha, yeah..I was basically every mom's worse nightmare when it came to that stuff
2.gif
My husband doesn't regret my past because it made me into the person he loves, but it's motivated him to keep a really close eye on any future daughters we might have once she hits her teens.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Countless boyfriends in highschool -- those were some fun years let me tell you
2.gif
First serious boyfriend at the end of highschool, lasted 2 years. Dry spell in undergrad
14.gif
Live in relationship for 2.5 years in graduate school. Met DH when the above was winding down and we've been together 5 years now.

My DH only had one gf before me, and was actually a virgin when we met! hee hee. So he can actually preach to our kids to stay abstinent until marriage. He can say, "Don't be like your mother!"
3.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2009 3:35:52 PM
Author: treefrog

emwink.gif
39.gif
7.gif
39.gif
7.gif
39.gif
39.gif

9.gif
Aw Treefrog, don''t take it to heart. I just mean''t I had to kiss a fair few frogs before I met my prince. But Treefrog sweetie, for the most part, they weren''t gorgeous, good looking darling, little tree-frogs like you (you know that your the tree frog of my dreams and a prince among frogs).

No alas, mine were more like .....

ugly frog.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results