shape
carat
color
clarity

Beds for older kids

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I didnt get a double till I left home!
39.gif

Daisy will get the junior extension for the Stokke cot and then probably a single with a trundle - although I can see the attraction of having a double for guests and kicking her out for the night!
27.gif

The only thing I won''t have is bunk-beds: my brother fell out of one aged 5 and had to be sewn up, and one of my mother''s friend''s 4 year-old daughter fell off the top bunk and was left brain-damaged and hemiplegic as a result so I''m far too nervous.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
I slept in a twin bed till I moved overseas at age 21. In fact, at university, my boyfriend (who was 6''5") and I (6''0") even shared my plain old twin bed - he had the extra-long. When my parents divorced and my Mum got a new house when I was 17, she got my brother and I each queen-sized beds. I have only ever used that when home for a visit. I certainly never expected a bigger bed as a kid.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I slept in a twin forever...all the way through college. When I came back home, I lived in the living room since times were tough and everyone was living in a two bedroom apartment (and I let my bro have the room). I got a used queen crappy futon for the living room that I slept on until I was 31. Yes, 31. I got my first real queen size bed then and it''s the one I still have now.

Amelia will have a twin because room in our house is an issue. She won''t be sleeping over anywhere for awhile, but if people want to sleep over here, they''ll sleep on aerobeds or on piles of blankets like we did when we were kids.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I had a twin (no trundle) until I was around 13, and when my folks built a new house, I got a king. Did I need a king, definitely not, but that''s what dad wanted me to have.

I think this is hilarious, but I remember sleeping in half the bed and the rest use to be covered with textbooks and notebooks because all I did in high school was study. I used to fall asleep studying. I''ll never forget the day I woke up and the words from my history book transferred to my face.

If it were me, Tacori, I would probably get the twin and a trundle or two twins. Especially if you don''t have extra bedrooms for guests.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Not that I had many sleepovers, but the couple I had ended up with me and my friend sleeping in sleeping bags on the floor in the basement, not even in my room. It wasn''t an issue, and sleeping in sleeping bags was half the fun!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results