shape
carat
color
clarity

Beauty/Skincare Favorites

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a bit of a skin care nut after starting to take it seriously when I had my son. I had a baby and crossed 30 and all of a sudden it was just dull and dry. I have fairly reactive combo skin and the biggest thing that has helped me out is completely avoiding skin care with added fragrance and a massive dose of chemical exfoliant :twisted2: Mostly I use a combo of Drunk Elephant, Paula's choice, and Biologique Recherche. I have a few subscription services where I get to try a bunch of different things and as long as it doesn't have fragrance I'll give it a go.

Reactions: AV_

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a big fan of Retin-a/tretinoin. I've used it once a day for years and years. You really have to be vigilant with the sunscreen though. I use products from Peter Thomas Roth and LaMer, along with vitamin C and hyaluronic acid serums. I kind of mix it up.

As far as hair care goes I absolutely love keratin treatments/Brazilian blowouts but do them sparingly. My hair can get so flyaway and fuzzy.

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Favourite serum/face oil: https://www.aesop.com/au/p/skin/hydrate/lucent-facial-concentrate/
I have seen a dramatic difference in my skin since using this! :dance:

I'm going to have to try that.

I use an Aesop shampoo I really love, my scalp has been having a lot of problems (I think it's my RA medications) and this one has been a real lifesaver: https://www.aesop.com/au/p/hair/hair-cleanse/calming-shampoo/

Plus I can get it from Nordstrom with free shipping. And it was totally worth taking a risk on without a sample because of Nordstrom's return policy.

Next time I'm in the store, I'll ask for a sample of the serum. Thanks for the recommendation.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
White clay - there are local brands everywhere, and the simple mineral works for me. It is staple. Not often, I might add essential oils to a mask mostly for fun; the only ones that seem to do something extra for me are almond and camelia ('tea tree'). A hot towel acts as a moisturizer after a clay mask; these happen once or twice a week (more is too much, less does happen out of neglect...)

Chanel Ombre Essentielle is the other thing I would not be happy to run out of. The white #60 is my best light concealer.

Nothing else comes close to favorite status next to these three things.

Last edited:

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
I really love Living Proof restore shampoo and I use the leave-in conditioner by Briogeo because I am too lazy to rinse twice. It makes my hair really shiny and smooth, so it's a staple for me.

I am a big lipstick wearer, and I really like the lipstick line by Charlotte Tilbury. It's creamy and not too matte, and it's hydrating! For those who do not like lipstick, you might like Clinique "Almost lipstick" line. I have Black Honey, and it's very comfortable and natural, doesn't feel like lipstick at all, and gives you a bit more color to your face :))

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am not too much fuss about skincare and I don’t wear makeup, recently started a pretty simple routine that seem to work well.
I have pretty dry skin so I try to
AM: Squalane oil/argon oil then sunscreen
PM: PAI rose hip oil (silmilar but milder to retinol A)
Mask: SkinINC deepsea hydrating mask with hyaluronic acid. This mask makes my skin feel amazing afterwards!
I also got a sample of the PAI rosehip cleaning oil that I love and I think will get in the future.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results