shape
carat
color
clarity

Beauty Products You Are Loving...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
distracts|1443902227|3934529 said:
Gypsy|1443850990|3934354 said:
Madam Bijoux|1443832214|3934280 said:
Kat Von D has a line of fabulous lipsticks. Much better colors than the $90.00 ChristianLouboutin ones.

Do they stay on? I need lipstick that is like glue. Just looked it up. Looks like the liquid is longlasting. Going to give it a shot next time I'm in the store (I refuse to buy lipstick online).

I don't have any of the liquid ones but I have several of the regular KVD lipsticks and they last much longer on me than any other lipstick I own.

Good to know. I went and checked them out, but they didn't have any colors that I liked. They had only two that I liked, but they were literally the same color as two (fairly new) ones I have already (Mac, and Bobbi Brown). So I wasn't going to spend money on them now.

The Sephora brand liquid had a color I liked though. I'm thinking of maybe trying that.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went to Nordstrom and got a couple samples of eye cream to try them out. And the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair, that some magazine recommended for day time under makeup, is nice stuff and non-irritating. But I'm not seeing anything worth the price tag (58 bucks) in terms of results from it.

Has anyone tried these? I'm thinking of giving them a try. They are affordable and hypo-allergenic.

http://www.target.com/p/boots-no7-beautiful-skin-rich-hydrating-eye-cream-51-oz/-/A-14227740 Comes in a tube not a pot. Does exactly what I want it to do, no more. Gets solid reviews an no comments about bad reactions.

And this: http://www.target.com/p/boots-no7-beautiful-skin-night-cream-normal-oily-1-69-oz/-/A-14227718 Seems to get good reviews for combination skin on both Ulta Amazon.

I don't use a night cream right now on my face at all. And as I just hit 40, it's probably time.

All I use on my face is Ponds Wipes, an Aveeno cleanser and moisturizer. And I get a facial every 3 months or so.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1444601228|3937305 said:
I went to Nordstrom and got a couple samples of eye cream to try them out. And the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair, that some magazine recommended for day time under makeup, is nice stuff and non-irritating. But I'm not seeing anything worth the price tag (58 bucks) in terms of results from it.

Has anyone tried these? I'm thinking of giving them a try. They are affordable and hypo-allergenic.

http://www.target.com/p/boots-no7-beautiful-skin-rich-hydrating-eye-cream-51-oz/-/A-14227740 Comes in a tube not a pot. Does exactly what I want it to do, no more. Gets solid reviews an no comments about bad reactions.

And this: http://www.target.com/p/boots-no7-beautiful-skin-night-cream-normal-oily-1-69-oz/-/A-14227718 Seems to get good reviews for combination skin on both Ulta Amazon.

I don't use a night cream right now on my face at all. And as I just hit 40, it's probably time.

All I use on my face is Ponds Wipes, an Aveeno cleanser and moisturizer. And I get a facial every 3 months or so.
If you are looking for a department store eye cream, nothing beats this IMO:
http://www.shiseido.com/super-corre...52104662,en_US,pd.html&cgid=skincare-eye-lip&

One bottle lasts me an entire year. You use a tiny drop and rub it between your fingers, dot it around your eyes and spread. Don't ever use a full pump. I have extremely sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts. This works great for me. It doesn't get rid of wrinkles as much as it freezes time. My eyes look the same as the day I started using this stuff.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1444532756|3937139 said:
Hmmm..I might try this conditioner washing sometime. Interesting. Do you guys use product in your hair? If you do, does it build up by not using shampoo to clean it off? What about when you get sweaty? Does just using conditioner still work?
I don't use much product on my hair. There are days when I might use sea salt spray or some shine serum. If I have something in my hair, I just rinse my hair for a bit longer. When my hair is fully saturated, I run my fingers through it and give my scalp and good massage with the warm water running through it. This sort of loosens dirt, oil, and product before I apply the conditioner. Then I get a big dollop of conditioner and work it in close to my scalp and make sure it is actually cleaning my hair. I don't rinse. I get another blob of conditioner and run it through my ends. I have long hair and I need a lot of conditioner. You won't need as much, but still, use a bunch...more than you would for normal conditioning. I let the conditioner sit for a few minutes. Then I add just a little water to my hair and massage my scalp again. The water sort of emulsifies with the conditioner (and probably the dirt in my hair) and then I rinse.

Unless you are using a ton of product, this should work.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
packrat said:
Hmmm..I might try this conditioner washing sometime. Interesting. Do you guys use product in your hair? If you do, does it build up by not using shampoo to clean it off? What about when you get sweaty? Does just using conditioner still work?

I use leave-in conditioner most days and hairspray occasionally, and I don't know if that would leave build-up, but I've never noticed a problem. I work out daily, though, and have no problem with my hair being dirty after sweating. And I get really sweaty.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ANR is full of antioxidants and so it's the sort of thing that isn't going to give "now" results but may make you look younger after a decade of use, compared to a theoretical you-that-did-not-use it. I'm really unsure why anyone would recommend it under makeup - doesn't it have kind of a sticky finish?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
distracts|1444607967|3937337 said:

ANR is full of antioxidants and so it's the sort of thing that isn't going to give "now" results but may make you look younger after a decade of use, compared to a theoretical you-that-did-not-use it. I'm really unsure why anyone would recommend it under makeup - doesn't it have kind of a sticky finish?

No, it doesn't. It's quite perfect under make up. I also tried Genefiq (or something like that) eye cream by Lancome which stung. It was quite sticky in finish.

Okay the freezing time thing make sense now. I can get behind that.

House Cat|1444607032|3937330 said:
If you are looking for a department store eye cream, nothing beats this IMO:
http://www.shiseido.com/super-corrective-eye-cream/0730852104662,en_US,pd.html&cgid=skincare-eye-lip&

One bottle lasts me an entire year. You use a tiny drop and rub it between your fingers, dot it around your eyes and spread. Don't ever use a full pump. I have extremely sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts. This works great for me. It doesn't get rid of wrinkles as much as it freezes time. My eyes look the same as the day I started using this stuff.

I will check it out and get a sample to see if I react to it. Still, it is more than I want to spend.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I have been loving:

Origins Starting Over moisturizer: http://www.origins.com/product/3874/11645/Skincare/Star-Collection/Starting-Over/Starting-Over/Age-erasing-moisturizer-with-Mimosa/index.tmpl

my very sensitive skin LOVES this stuff, and it looks so much healthier since I started using it.

Supergoop Everyday SPF50 sunscreen moisturizer: http://www.sephora.com/everyday-sunscreen-broad-spectrum-spf-50-P386194?skuId=1604164

I bought the big bottle and I love this stuff. SO many sunscreens irritate my skin but this stuff doesn't and it really is moisturizing. A little goes a long way. I'm debating buying their handcream as well, gotta keep the age spots away.

I'm 28 and am fully embracing the anti-aging products now in the hopes I'll still look 30 when I'm 40...or 50...

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori E-ring|1444617159|3937370 said:
Here is my current favorite beauty product. I was always scared of eyebrow pencils and this is SO easy to use. Makes a huge difference as well! https://www.benefitcosmetics.com/product/view/gimme-brow

When my brows began to go I started using that {@$22/per tube} and found Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Drama @$8./tube. Works for me.

I really love ISOMERS products {Isomers.ca}. I've been using them for over 18 years and am totally satisfied with the results. I am 63 and my skin has never looked better condition wise. No pores, no blotchy patches, even skin tone--but there isn't a product out there that handles sagging. Their products are pure and the firm doesn't over promise. Embarrassing admission: I usually by it from Shop NBC, but I have dealt directly with the lab and they are always helpful. My absolute must haves from them are:

Fast Lift Eye Serum {I keep it in the fridge}
r Pur with soy extracts for the face, neck and chest area
Matrixyl serum
Dream Cream Moisturizer

The only non-Isomers I use on my face are the PTR Pumpkin masque and Revive Glycolic

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amber St. Clare|1444694725|3937644 said:
Tacori E-ring|1444617159|3937370 said:
Here is my current favorite beauty product. I was always scared of eyebrow pencils and this is SO easy to use. Makes a huge difference as well! https://www.benefitcosmetics.com/product/view/gimme-brow

When my brows began to go I started using that {@$22/per tube} and found Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Drama @$8./tube. Works for me.

I'll have to try it. Thanks!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
i have used many moisturisers in the past and i have changed it up with differnet brands Nivea, body shop, garnier. but now i stick to one brand. L'occitane.

the one that i get most comment on is the L'occitane Immortelle range. i use it and ppl comment on how good/ healthy my face looks. then i change it up and then i come back to the Loccitane Immortelle and ppl comment on how good my skin looks.

http://au.loccitane.com/precious-cream-serum-duo,23,1,1227,811910.htm

Currently, i am trying their Divine Youth products. love the eye cream really nice feel.... though not getting comments yet! LOL
http://au.loccitane.com/divine-anti-ageing-cream,23,1,1227,713222.htm
http://au.loccitane.com/immortelle-divine-eyes,23,1,1227,713223.htm

Loccitane have now created a mens range: Cade. it has similar ingredients to the Immortelle range but not sure of the concentration. It is also much cheaper!!!! I tried a sample and seems ok, but not getting the comments! LOL.
http://au.loccitane.com/complete-care-moisturiser--cade,23,1,1234,292375.htm#s=39514

Hubby will use others like SK11, le mer and now he is on la priarie

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Amber St. Clare said:
I really love ISOMERS products {Isomers.ca}. I've been using them for over 18 years and am totally satisfied with the results. I am 63 and my skin has never looked better condition wise. No pores, no blotchy patches, even skin tone--but there isn't a product out there that handles sagging.

Amber, there's no face cream that can do it, but something like this certainly can! It's a good bit of fiddling around and can take a couple of months to see results -- but it's more than worth it. Have a look for some youtube videos relating to this, you won't believe the age of some of the woman in them!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Aeolianarpa|1444720519|3937727 said:
Amber St. Clare said:
I really love ISOMERS products {Isomers.ca}. I've been using them for over 18 years and am totally satisfied with the results. I am 63 and my skin has never looked better condition wise. No pores, no blotchy patches, even skin tone--but there isn't a product out there that handles sagging.

Amber, there's no face cream that can do it, but something like this certainly can! It's a good bit of fiddling around and can take a couple of months to see results -- but it's more than worth it. Have a look for some youtube videos relating to this, you won't believe the age of some of the woman in them!

Thnks! I'll check it out!

teklit

Rough_Rock
packrat|1443991859|3934804 said:
I wasn't sure if this was worth a separate thread--does anyone do their own nails regularly? London and I had three mani/pedi treats over the summer..and while I'm sure it's cheaper here than in bigger cities, it's still expensive in my eyes-it's about $100 for the two of us. Even if we only go monthly, that's 1200/year! (plus the place we go is 45 miles away b/c in our town nails are done at salon's by the stylists, so we can't get ours done at the same time and good heavens 3+ hours at the salon for nails is mind numbing)

One of my friends is having a Jamberry party on FB and I happened to be toodling around on the party page and saw Jamberry has a gel nails system called Trushine. https://kojamms.jamberry.com/trushine/

I've not looked for other gel systems, I just was curious when I saw it if others use anything, not specifically this one necessarily.

I do my own nails, been doing them since I was a teen, over 2 decades now. So yeah, I'm pretty pro now. :D

Have you heard of the new gel-like polishes?

I own both these brands:
CVD Vinylux- formulated colors and top, no base coat. I've read some folks had good results using any polish with this top coat. I've still not tried this though. Most of the colors level like a dream! But I am getting some tiny air bubbles in the top coat, I don't shake the bottle prior to use so I don't know how to avoid this. I'm pretty sure it's happening when I re-dip. I can live with it though.

Butter London Top and Tails- they advertise this as useable with any polish, but I've noticed that the colors released with the top'n'tails works best (called 10x something-or-other). With my Chanel polish, it's cracking, but not that noticeable and doesn't chip off right away.

There are other brands:
OPI
Sally Hansen
I think Dior makes a gel-like. There are some other brands too, but I cant recall them right now.

Anyways, this is the best thing to happen for DIY nail painters since forever.
You will get at least 3 days of flawless wear. After that you'll start seeing minor wear, but still highly wearable. Doesn't get skanky looking chips.

Me, I spend at least an hour prepping my nails for paint. These gel-likes look decent for a week.

It removes like regular nail polish, slightly tougher, but nothing like removing gel bakes.
I liked the gel nails, had them done at salon, and was looking into getting my own lamp, but then these gel-likes came out. Much love!!
Gel nails only lasted a week on me anyways, because of new growth, I hate that new growth gap. Glad that only lasted a couple of years, so expensive.
I still get my toes gelled at a salon, they grow much slower.

teklit

Rough_Rock
tuffyluvr|1443993910|3934808 said:
teklit said:
My DH has rosacea (pink cheeks), his dermatologist figured out that SLS was aggravating his condition.

The hubs started buying Nature's Gate shampoo and body wash... I really like it!!
Not only is it a nice shampoo, it's cheap, like suave cheap (If you buy it online and not at the organic grocery store- it was twice the price there).

It also makes an excellent bubble bath!!

I love Nature's Gate products too! Their natural roll-on deodorant is far and away the best I've ever used (like, it actually DOES work). Spring Fresh is the best fragrance, IMO.

I bought some after your suggestion. The grapefruit ginger. It does work, better than TOMs for sure! And TOMs always felt so... wet.
I was using secret clinical with extra aluminum.

Their fragrances are really good too. I wish they made this scent in a body lotion. I may try the shampoo in this scent next, but my husband, being a man, buys in bulk. We have like 4 bottles of shampoo left to go through.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, I might have to check out this Nature's Gate stuff...

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will check out the gel polish, teklit, thanks! I love how my hands look after having my nails done-and part of that I know is b/c they do all the nice stuff to your hands, whereas when I would do it, I slap polish on and call it good so I need to take the time to do it right. I end up picking it off after the first week after it grows a little-which makes it such a waste of money haha!

I need a really good body lotion. I need to go back thru the thread I think and make notes. I've been using the "pretty" lotions I have at home, but they really just only smell nice, they don't do anything for the skin otherwise. I just want to use them up! But I've noticed the last while my skin looks crepe-y, like on my upper chest etc and the rest of my body skin in general just doesn't look good. I know I shouldn't compare to how it looked back in the day but yeesh. The skin on my thighs in spots feels like...scales sort of. That all started when I was pg years ago so I think some of it is weird stretch marks, but I wonder if having a great and hydrating lotion would help reduce how yucky it looks.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I

I've only had my nails done professionally once in my life when a friend took me, even though I live almost opposite a nail salon! I do my nails myself, always, and I quite enjoy it.

About the gel polishes, I think they can be drying for your nails? Just something to know. :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so. I've been buying and testing products. I thought I'd give a basic report.

1. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Cream. This stuff feels really good going on. Isn't tacky at all and sinks in well. I have no bad reaction to it. And it does, like the Allure article I read that recommended it, work under makeup rather perfectly, even though it is a night cream. And among the higher priced items, it's in first place for me as you only need a really small amount and I trust Estee Lauder.

2. Lancome Genefique Youth Activating Eye Cream. This tingled fiercely going on the first night. But I didn't have a bad reaction to it beyond that. Still it makes me wary to keep using it, and I don't know if I'd buy it as a result.

3. Clarins Eye Cream Super Restorative Eye Cream. Nice feel going on. No reaction. Skin feels tacky, so it would be a night cream. But at 84 bucks... I can't see myself buying it over the Estee Lauder.

4. Estee Lauder Perfect Clean Cleanser. I've been using this as a cleanser. It's very lovely feeling, creamy, and lathers well. You only need a little bit. I am going to keep using the large sample I have, and if it keeps working as well as it did I will be buying it.

5. Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Rich Hydrating Eye Cream. At 15 bucks, this stuff seems like a bargain so far. Hypo-allergenic, very light fragrance (I do wish it was none) and lovely going on and sinks in perfectly. I had no bad reaction at all. A tiny bit tacky, just enough that it's almost like a primer under makeup. I like it. It comes in a tube so you don't have to dip your fingers in a pot.

6. No7 Beautiful Skin Night Cream Normal/Oily Skin. I've used this twice now, so the jury is still out. But it feels very drying... too drying possibly. I have to wear eye cream and lip balm with it for night. It is unscented and hypo-allergic. And I do have combination skin that leans toward oily. I'm going to use it for a week and see where I am with it. My skin looked great when I woke this morning though. I am 40 though, so if it's too drying, I'm going to have to move on.

I am going to try the Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream soon too. At $55 it's not too expensive.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used the eye cream and the serum for over a year (it takes a while, they said) and saw NO change. At all. I tolerated the reactions it gave me, because dammit I wanted results.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1444846800|3938231 said:
I will check out the gel polish, teklit, thanks! I love how my hands look after having my nails done-and part of that I know is b/c they do all the nice stuff to your hands, whereas when I would do it, I slap polish on and call it good so I need to take the time to do it right. I end up picking it off after the first week after it grows a little-which makes it such a waste of money haha!

I need a really good body lotion. I need to go back thru the thread I think and make notes. I've been using the "pretty" lotions I have at home, but they really just only smell nice, they don't do anything for the skin otherwise. I just want to use them up! But I've noticed the last while my skin looks crepe-y, like on my upper chest etc and the rest of my body skin in general just doesn't look good. I know I shouldn't compare to how it looked back in the day but yeesh. The skin on my thighs in spots feels like...scales sort of. That all started when I was pg years ago so I think some of it is weird stretch marks, but I wonder if having a great and hydrating lotion would help reduce how yucky it looks.

Barring any nut allergies, I got a big bottle of sweet almond oil, cold pressed, hexane free, off amazon.com. It's the brand that has like 1,000 reviews and 5 stars? Majestic pure maybe? I am digging the results Moreso than any lotion I've tried. And when I was crazy inflamed with eczema and scratching like a loon, almond oil and fractionated coconut oil were the only things that didn't sting.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a new "rave" to share. ESalon.com has a new "subsciption" service thing that sends three products a month. You can choose from Shampoo, Conditioner, Styling products, brushes and whatnot...it's a GREAT deal, I think it's $30/box. You can space them out, or do them monthly. I used a coupon code a month ago to get a tube of their Tinted Love color depositing treatment (it's a shampoo kinda that deposits really well!) for $7.50 and that sold me.

So anyway: this link to the site MySubscriptionAddiction (she reviews beauty boxes, I am not at all affiliated) has a link in the post that gets your first one half price. I think the link is like halfway through the post.
http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/2015/10/match-up-box-review.html

I signed up through that link to get my first one and put two tubes of the Tinted Love in my first box, and a jar of the deep conditioner in it to try that. The conditioner was MEH but the Tinted Love still rocks my world. The directions say to put it on wet hair and lather and let it sit for like 2-3 min. That works well, and it intensifies as it sits. The way I tried it is based on other color depositing stuff I use--I applied it to my roots DRY and let it sit for like 15 minutes, then I get in the shower, lather it and rinse immediately because just rinsing it is enough for my ends to grab. I like the Copper and Golden Copper. I use the Copper on my roots and the Golden Copper to do my ends when I lather it up. Love it. I set my next box for late November to ship when I get back from Thanksgiving travel, and I picked the same Tinted Love as well as a jar for the Color Depositing Mask this time, to see how that does by comparison, though it comes in far less colors than the Tinted Love which has a HUGE range.

Right after my "Match Up" box shipped, it got here in two days, and was packaged really nicely, I decided to try the hair color, just to see how it compares to my professional stuff. I am always willing to experiment with that. It shipped about 3 days after I paid and after the colorist exchanged a few emails with me. I got two bottles of color and two of developer, packaged really nicely--and really thoughtfully--gloves, sample packets of shampoo and conditioner, a packet of color barrier for your skin, and a color remover wipe for your skin, and a color brush...it was really well thought out!. Prior to shipment, I spoke in email with a colorist from their staff based on the photo I supplied, and my desire to match the current color, how we tweak it where, what my current recipe is in both lines we use...etc. I also asked about the glossing/glazing process, because I wanted that as part of the process.

I did the coloring last night, since my next salon appt is a couple weeks away (and I am a nut about roots.) They did a great job with the mix, though they erred on the side of a half shade too light. But when I did the glaze part of the process for the ends, the ends are PERFECT. So I logged in today to tell them what I thought of the mix, that I think it needs to be a half shade darker, and a hair more coppery. For $20 I got two bottles of dye and two of developer. I found that REALLY reasonable, considering if I went with box dye I'd need two-three to cover my whole head, and if I go to the state supply I spend at least that much on the amount of tubes I need to mix. Not including the olaplex I mix in. I will say this---I had to mix the color in my own equipment (I did a bottle vs a bowl, because I was only doing half my head and I didn't feel like dicking with a bowl) because there's no way that much liquid will fit in that sized developer bottle. So prepare for using a brush and bowl (you can buy from them or buy at Sallys or similar) or a large color bottle (again, sallys.)

VERY impressed.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
PintoBean|1444918030|3938525 said:
packrat|1444846800|3938231 said:

Barring any nut allergies, I got a big bottle of sweet almond oil, cold pressed, hexane free, off amazon.com. It's the brand that has like 1,000 reviews and 5 stars? Majestic pure maybe? I am digging the results Moreso than any lotion I've tried. And when I was crazy inflamed with eczema and scratching like a loon, almond oil and fractionated coconut oil were the only things that didn't sting.

No nut allergies so I will look into this, thanks! It's not greasy or anything? Since it's an oil? I don't worry so much at night before bed (I read a while back that you lose a lot of moisture from your skin at night..not sure if it's true or not, but I used to lotion again before bed especially during the winter months when it's so dry) but when I get out of the shower before work every day I lotion and don't want to mess up my clothes. I used to use cocoa butter in the am and nivea at night. (love love love the smell of both of those)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
New Rave to share!

I have an extremely oil scalp. I NEVER get to wear my hair down the day after I wash it. It pretty much always has to be up in a pony or bun. No matter what I use.

BUT... I used this product the night before last. It's called a 'perfector' and I had no idea what to expect. I thought, because the application directions that it would be a conditioner of some sort. It wasn't.
http://www.livingproof.com/buy/perfecthairday-nightcap-overnight-perfector

I DID use it differently than stated. I used it on the very front of my hair (where my bangs would be). It soaked in very quickly. And my hair looked very conditioned in the middle of the night when I checked it out.

In the morning I washed it then dried it. My hair had an UNBELIEVABLE amount of body and volume without being frizzy. It was like my hair on steroids.

But the best part was today. I woke up this morning and my hair STILL looked fantastic. I did have a little oiliness at my scalp, but nowhere NEAR what I normally get. And using just three short bursts of this dry shampoo: http://www.livingproof.com/buy/perfecthairday-dry-shampoo took care of that.

I was able to wear my hair down all day today as a result.
The whole Perfect Hair Day line of Living Proof is to make it possible to wash hair less. So I am thrilled it works.

Also per recommendations I tried the Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick. I tried color Hexagon, which was like the perfect bright red. It lasted a long time, but I found it very dry. So... I'm not sure I'm going to spend the money on it. But... the color was fantastic.

I also got a trial of the Shiseido Benefiance Eye Cream recommended here, and I have enough for a week: http://www.sephora.com/benefiance-wrinkleresist24-intensive-eye-contour-cream-P173620?skuId=1408202&om_mmc=ppc-GG&mkwid=sDOl4Jmbg&pcrid=50233217079&pdv=c&site=_search&country_switch=&lang=en&gclid=Cj0KEQjwwIKxBRDKhOz7ytT30vkBEiQAT1NaPWWCiU72Ag_8rWKdw5_Mf95va4gNgdn5zXjJ2phy4zUaAoCt8P8HAQ

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy - have you tried using a super-conditioning shampoo to calm the oiliness in your scalp? The theory is that your scalp is pumping out extra oil to correct dryness - and will stop doing so if you're providing extra moisture externally. I know it's counter-intuitive, but it worked for me.

Anyhow, that perfector sounds like it's worth trying!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1445062577|3939154 said:
Gypsy - have you tried using a super-conditioning shampoo to calm the oiliness in your scalp? The theory is that your scalp is pumping out extra oil to correct dryness - and will stop doing so if you're providing extra moisture externally. I know it's counter-intuitive, but it worked for me.

Anyhow, that perfector sounds like it's worth trying!

I have tried that, at the recommendation of a hairstylist. Thanks though VR. It really did not work for me. Just nasty stringy hair. I also tried for 9 month, not washing my hair more than once a week. That didn't work either. Thinking it would 'reset' my scalp.

That perfector was really impressive for me. I had no expectations though. I got a large sample (several uses worth) with my purchase from Living Proof and thought, why the heck not last night.

It was strange to apply something overnight. But worth it. Its effects apparently last a week, at least that's the claim. So we'll see. :shifty:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reporting in about Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover. Niece says it's just as effective as Clinique, but you have to use a little more, and it makes her eyes temporarily blurry for a minute due to the oil-like consistency. She says it feels a little oily even though it's supposed to be oil-free. So I guess not quite a good as Clinique but it does do the job and it costs under six bucks for as opposed to twenty dollars a bottle, and there is a third more liquid in there.

In summary, this is a great eye makeup remover for anyone on a budget.

Interesting to read reports on the Living Proof line. I've heard that it's great and I once had a small sample of one product that did work, can't remember what. However, I think that if you use a few of their products regularly, it would add up to be quite expensive.

Just a couple of Garnier Nutrisse hair products to review: I have frizzy hair in a humid climate, and I use Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk. I think it does the job really well. No complaints at all about this budget product.

I also used to use Aveda Volumizer for root lift and that worked really well also. I stopped using it because it was $21 for a tiny 100ml bottle. (I use quite a few beauty products including an Estee Lauder line, so I have to be careful because all these bottles at $20 a throw plus the expensive skincare, plus expensive haircare...man, it can really add up.)

Currently, for root lift I'm using Garnier Fructis Root Amp Root Lifting Spray Mousse, instead of the Aveda. It's only OK. I like the price, and the amount I get for the price, and I like the way it makes my hair look. However, I'm not so keen on how it makes my hair feel. It feels stiff and goopy, but I still think it's better than having my hair flat to my scalp.

There is one other Aveda product that I love and which is lasting me about three years. It's their Control Paste. After drying my hair the ends are always fluffy and un-defined, despite using a roller brush when drying and curling the ends under. Using this paste defines the ends and transforms it from fluffy into defined waves. It's a really good product and just lasts and lasts and lasts.

:wavey:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Teklit (or anyone else of course!), I have been looking at polishes. Do you know anything about these brands? I found a Deborah Lippmann 9 piece set on Sephora, and also a Formula X set on Sephora as well. And an OPI 26 piece set of mini's on Ulta. I ask b/c my daughter likes to paint her nails as well and the sets seem like a good way to get several colors for a good price. (and the mini's seem like a good idea since I've never in my entire life used a full bottle of polish)

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1445102953|3939304 said:
Teklit (or anyone else of course!), I have been looking at polishes. Do you know anything about these brands? I found a Deborah Lippmann 9 piece set on Sephora, and also a Formula X set on Sephora as well. And an OPI 26 piece set of mini's on Ulta. I ask b/c my daughter likes to paint her nails as well and the sets seem like a good way to get several colors for a good price. (and the mini's seem like a good idea since I've never in my entire life used a full bottle of polish)

I had a Deborah Lippmann 6-piece set from Sephora - they're the mini-size, not full-size - and for me, they didn't apply smoothly but with a visible brush-stroke so I had to work harder to end up with a smooth-looking manicure. That said, it was fun to try out the different colors. The full-size Deborah Lippman polishes apply nice and smooth for me, so maybe the brush in the mini polishes is a different quality/size/something?

I also have a mini-set of Formula X polishes - these apply beautifully, just like the full-size Formula X polishes. I really like the F-X brand.

I love OPI colors and love the full-size OPI polishes in terms of application and wear - but haven't ever used a mini OPI polish (I'm just guessing this set is comprised of mini polishes). For me, 26 new colors at once would be a bit more than I'd want to receive all at once, but I'm old-school and only use one (and sometimes 2) colors at a time... I think most females into doing their own manicures would love to score 26 OPI colors.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results