shape
carat
color
clarity

Beauty Products You Are Loving...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, you've intrigued me, I have added the Estee Lauder one to my list of next ones to try! And the Diorshow. I feel like I tried a sample of that a few years ago, and wondered what all the hype was about. But it keeps coming up as a front-runner again, and seems like it is a fit for me, so I think I'm going to give it another try.

I can do two coats of the Full N Soft with good results. You're not kidding that mascara is one of the hardest! I'm kind of amazed that so many of us can have such different results with the same formulations/brushes. I have been watching videos of mascara trials like crazy, it's kind of addicting. :rodent:

Jury is kinda out on the Clinique one now. I was loving it when I first got it and for about two weeks, but I used it again the other day and wasn't as impressed. I wonder if it's already drying out?

I need to find a good eyelash curler for myself. I've tried two and they're just too big. It's so hard to grab my lashes, and both get the ends in the middle so it crimps them rather than curls them. I came across a nifty tidbit about measuring your eye curvature, and I'm giving it a go!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Which ones have you tried? Shiseido is good for flatter Asian eyes. I've also used Surratt. Otherwise, maybe try some Asian based ones since they're likely to be smaller.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the rec Yimmers! Heehee, well I just geeked out and measured my eye curvature (per a blog and other forum post, so I don't think I can post it here). It's pretty cool, and it has helped me eliminate some that I thought I should try, and figure out which ones should fit me better.

The Surratt Revelee looks like it might be the one! Do you like yours? The Tweezerman Fashion Chic came in as matching my measurements & curvature perfectly, but it doesn't look like it's being sold anymore. :(

I have the Dermastore one, and I forget what I had previously (I must have thrown it out in frustration!). While the Dermastore actually isn't too far off from the results of my measuring, the curve is still a bit too different than the curvature of my eye, which would explain why it's not grabbing all of my lashes.

(I'm not Asian but I do have small, hooded eyes that are apparently pretty flat. My lashes aren't particularly long or thick, they have some curl but not a ton.)

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lol, I've never measured my eye curvature. The Surratt feels a little bit more stiffer when clamping. However, my Shiseido is a lot older, and probably past its prime. That being said, I don't have to clamp down as hard with the Surratt.

The Surratt has this fancy matte black finish, if that sort of thing resonates with you :)

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know, right? It's crazy (measuring curvature), but if the Surratt works as a result, then it was totally worth doing! Fingers crossed!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use a Tweezerman Pro Master and that's been the best I've ever used. Barely have to clamp it, curl lasts all day. I have the Pro Curl as well, but it's a bit TOO curved for my eye so I have to maneuver it a little more. I've had that a while, probably 5 years now, and the Pro Master came out probably 2-3 years ago? I got that when it came out. I didn't think the Surratt did anything worth the pricetag. It didn't curl my lashes at all. I would get barely a "lift" but no curl. I had the same issue with the Kevyn Aucoin. They didn't really DO anything. The Charlotte Tilbury didn't fit my eye at all.

The OLD Shiseido that was Silver, that was about 10ish years ago old, that one was amazing. The new one that's like blackish, that one is super flat and does not fit my eye.

I just bought the new Sephora x Utowa curler, and that ones pretty great. I wish it was a hair larger in the opening width wise, but it curls just as well as the Pro Master.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
distracts|1489298160|4139409 said:
And now I'm adding in their AHA (which I previously used regularly) once a week for extra exfoliation. I'm mainly adding it in because I have it and want to use it up. It works well but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it because it smells like a burning tire fire. None of their other stuff smells bad - idk what went wrong with this but it's a common complaint./
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is a GREAT description of that stuff.

I like their snail stuff. 96% whatever it's called. I didn't love either of the two BHA/AHA things you used but the smells...god the smells.

So...this is an odd suggestion but someone else made it to me, and somehow, someway this stuff worked on my eczema--I also get it on my eyelids a lot. I know one of my triggers turned out to be the UD Primer Potion...which was a disappointing discovery.

Anyway...she suggested this Tony Moly Dream Panda Cream. I bought directly from his site, but you can get it here from amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HQEWOD4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I dip a qtip in it and apply that way. But it somehow eviscerated my last breakout in like 4 days only using it at night.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://eltamd.com/product/uv-physicalbroad-spectrum-spf-41/
I have been meaning to write about this sunscreen for a long time. I LOVE this stuff. The tint is negligible. I think it is there to knock the white cast out of the physical sunblock, so don't count on the tint to do anything for you and don't worry about it changing your skin tone.

This isn't too drying nor is it too oily. I have extremely reactive oily skin with dry patches, this doesn't cause any issues.

The tube is HUGE! I have been using this every day since April and I might be a little more than halfway through.

This is definitely my holy grail sunblock

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have very fair skin with dark under-eye circles and ruddy eyelids (hereditary, but also exacerbated by having a newborn :lol:).

I use the Color FX Correct Click in "peach" under my eyes--just a light coat. Then I use BareMinerals original foundation and their "Hydrated" mineral finishing powder.

But my Holy Grail beauty item for my eyes is their "Well Rested" concealer. It's an unassuming, light yellow powder, but the key is to apply it with an all-over/large eyeshadow brush. (Using a flat concealer brush makes it look terribly cakey and fake.)

The peach color corrector helps some, but HOLY COW, does the "Well Rested" powder transform my eyes! I can't recommend the stuff enough; just make sure to use a fluffy brush and a light hand to apply.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ombre Essentielle in white. It does under-eye & concealing & its shadowing job too. Then, a white Kohl - for feel-good overkill along the same lines.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
Urban Skin RX is an amazing top shelf skincare line for slightly to deeply melaninated skin. The products are mildly pricey (but not really, given that I used LaMer and Philosophy products before this) but WELL WORTH IT. Very moisturizing with tons of hyaluronic acid for rapid/dramatic smoothing and anti-aging effects. Their nighttime Retinol products will have you waking up with a line-free Botox face! The moisturizer alone changed my face significantly in just a week. I'm totally hooked! :dance:

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
Ombre Essentielle in white. It does under-eye & concealing & its shadowing job too. Then, a white Kohl - for feel-good overkill along the same lines.
I LOVE a good Kohl liner. I've never had a white one, I'm going to try it out.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
If any of you are like me and have really bad dark circles, I have FINALLY figured out how to cover them! I have started using a corrector under my concealer. My two favorites are the Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector and the Smashbox Color Correcting Stick. I finally managed to score Tarte's "Shape Tape" concealer in my shade and once I've blended the corrector a tiny bit I add that. It is magic! My mom gave me the Sigma 3DHD precision brush as well as the Sigma precision brush set and they are perfect for blending concealer/corrector.
Amazing Cosmetics also makes a GREAT under eye concealer in a small tube. The tiniest amount covers like "WOAH!"... It is an excellent product!

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
I just want to issue a DIRE warning about DevaCurl products.

I have kinky/wavy/frizzy hair which can easily be scrunched into a mass of curls. So I bought the Low-Poo shampoo, the One conditioner, and some of the hair mask.

I used the hair mask, which promised amazing hydration, etc. etc and I was surprised to find it did nothing of the kind, so I threw it away after two uses. I thought it did nothing for my hair at all and that, unlike other masks, my hair had no extra softness at all after using.

I assumed that this fail was a one-off...Well, I've been using the shampoo and conditioner for about two months, and I've just thrown the half-empty bottles away. My hair is absolutely PARCHED and DRY AS STRAW! In addition, I've broken out around my face, and also, my hair is really greasy the second day after washing. I researched online and other people also say that DevaCurl dried out their hair and caused breakouts around the hairline. Apparently it's because of an ingredient called A-cone. DevaCurl stopped using A-cone a few years ago, but whatever they've replaced it with has the same effect.

My hair has aged two decades and is dull and drier than I've ever known it. It's as if I fried my hair under the sun all day, every day for two months. I'm going to have to coax it back to good health with a LOT of hair masks!

My advice is to avoid these dreadful products at ALL costs!
It sounds like we are hair sister's... Deva Curl was an absolute disaster for me as well. Many curl products are just too much or too little for me. I've found continual success with Miss Jessie's hair products (Pillow Soft Curls and Leave-in Condish are my favorites)... Miss Jessie's Rapid Recovery Treatment will fix your parched curls right on up! Also, homemade organic tea sprays REALLY moisturize curly hair and keep it from shedding during combing. I really like Moroccan Oil hair products for my curly mane as well. Moisturizing without being greasy.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE a good Kohl liner. I've never had a white one, I'm going to try it out.

Of course I am curious to hear what you do with it !

... except as the usual light dots & primer, the whiteness surprises: on par with relatively strong makeup in a less unusual color. Somehow, this seems to fit in my life.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
Of course I am curious to hear what you do with it !

... except as the usual light dots & primer, the whiteness surprises: on par with relatively strong makeup in a less unusual color. Somehow, this seems to fit in my life.
When I do wear makeup I typically go all out and get fancy :roll: so I will probably use the white kohl liner on the waterline of my lower eyelids and smudge a little on the inner corners of my eyes. This always balances my eye shape if I want to add a few lashes or pump my own lashes up a lot. Gives me that bright, awake appearance.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Btw...everyone in the world should get a hydrafacial. This isn't a relaxing facial, it is....industrial. My pores were so clean after this thing, I was amazed! If you are interested, you should look it up and even watch YouTube videos on it. I am hooked!!

Greys0n

Rough_Rock
I like my Vichy foundation and powder

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried a new lipstick a few weeks ago that was a lot redder than I am used to. It dried my lips out horribly. Red/berry colors have done this to me before so I believe there is some pigment that I just can't handle. My lips were cracked, peeling, and almost looked burned. Nothing was helping. I was at sephora and saw the lip product aisle. Kaplan md lip 20 mask and lip 20 balm healed my lips overnight. I couldn't believe it. My lips are softer now and I am using in a few times a week to see if it helps with fine lines around the mouth.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tint my eyelashes in the summer, otherwise the mascara winds up under my eyes.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg! I found the holy grail of chemical at home peels! http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/

I used the phytic acid peel the other day-- am experiencing minimal peeling. I also ordered the small (ten peel) 12.5% TCA kit... it was $17.00. I also bought a sample of the vitamin C/phytic acid skin care, but I haven't used that yet since I am currently peeling. (Can't do peels and vit C at the same time).

I found this site by reading on the webpage "real self"...

Everything is priced reasonably!

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nordstom is having their anniversary sale!!!:appl: That also means tomorrow I'll be buying stuff I don't necessarily need... (except Kiehl's Creme de Corps which is a necessity)

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Trilogy rosehip oil. I read in an article that Kate Middleton uses this brand of rosehip oil religiously so I decided to give it a try. I have pretty bad acne scars that have lightened a bit since I started a month ago, and I have noticed fewer breakouts and better skin in general. Rosehip oil contains trans-retinoic acid, which is basically a natural (albeit milder) form of retinol.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, if you visit make up AC, click on daily specials.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Trilogy rosehip oil. I read in an article that Kate Middleton uses this brand of rosehip oil religiously so I decided to give it a try. I have pretty bad acne scars that have lightened a bit since I started a month ago, and I have noticed fewer breakouts and better skin in general. Rosehip oil contains trans-retinoic acid, which is basically a natural (albeit milder) form of retinol.

Cute avatar :)

I've used rosehip oil, which is nice, but my friend has told me about tamanu oil. It also lightens scars and I mix it in with my night cream now. I have noticed a difference in the scars.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Cute avatar :)

I've used rosehip oil, which is nice, but my friend has told me about tamanu oil. It also lightens scars and I mix it in with my night cream now. I have noticed a difference in the scars.
Ooh, is there a brand that you'd recommend?

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooh, is there a brand that you'd recommend?

SMC, I don't have one in particular. I'm just using Pur 360 organic tamanu oil from Amazon.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gak, my hair ain't what it used to be. Drier and less manageable--boo hoo , aging. Anyway, decided to buy/try Phyto Exceptional Shampoo and hair creme. Reminds me of Kerastace products. I hope it is great!

https://www.phyto-canada.ca/

Also bought Hope in a Jar. Anyone use it?

http://www.philosophy.com/hope-in-a-jar.html

The sales gal provided some Lierac serum and Biotherm body lotion. I am looking forward to the "new" me!:lol-2:

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Phyto = exceptional. Gorgeous hair products!! My hair looks and feels wonderful. A random lady stopped me at work/in the cafeteria and stated my hair looked beautiful....honestly....can't make this stuff up!

cheers--Sharon

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://www.amazon.com/pcs-Asian-Ex...F8&qid=1503058710&sr=8-1&keywords=italy+towel

Behold, the Italy Towel!! This will be the best $6 you ever spend! These little exfoliating wonders are simply amazing. Instructions:

Take a rather warm shower or bath for about 15 minutes
Step away from the water and sort of slick the water off of your skin
Wet towel and gently rub in back and forth motion

Your dead skin comes off like eraser shavings!! It's amazing!

If you aren't soaked enough, it won't work. If you rub too hard, you will irritate.

Red is for face and sensitive areas, green is for body.

Don't use soap.

Use once every 7-10 days.

https://saluxshop.com/
I use this every day. Don't order from amazon because there are counterfeits.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results