shape
carat
color
clarity

Beautiful vintage? pendant with diamonds and center stone

furee65

Rough_Rock
I was wondering if anyone would know anything about this neat pendant i recently found at a recent garage sale. I always pick up any old jewelry if it is $5.00 or less and this neat pendant fell in that catagory so i figured it was worth a shot in the dark. There are no makers marks but i felt that this was something special by the way it felt and by the way it was set with the fancy backing so i took it to a local pawn shop to see if they could test the stones and they tested as diamonds and are very bright so i fugured i had something decent but i dont know what the center stone is. I am trying to figure out what time period this is from and what designers might have used a unique setting like this? I look forward to any input.

Photo_974906E9-6B97-C5EB-ECB1-87D46A1E6201.jpg

Photo_88726EF8-D438-67C3-E8EC-2A9DC85A8D80.jpg

Photo_F8790B57-CCBF-F704-D6F5-A35DE1ACE098.jpg

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
Re: Beautiful vintage? pendant with diamonds and center ston

very pretty. It could possibly be an amethyst, but I would take it to a jeweler to ask.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock

i really think you have a lovely pendant or pearl enhancer there.If the loops in back open up then its meant to be worn on a strand of pearls if not then a heavier rope or omega style 16 inch choker or chain.The stone photographs as a cabochon cut Amethyst and all the design elements together suggest that this piece was manufactured in a 10 year window the mid-1980s to the mid-1990s when cabochon cut colored stones set in pave were very popular, as well as the bow motif.This piece was probable offered in Amethyst,blue topaz or garnet by the manufacture.The design is an updated version of something like a brooch or watch pin from the early 1900s.

furee65

Rough_Rock

Thank you for that helpful info. I really like the piece but was just not sure about when it could have been made. I very much appreciate the info you guys have passed along.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results