shape
carat
color
clarity

Beautiful Simon G Ring on eBay!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been watching this ring for the last few days on eBay...I even had the gal send me a hand pic of it because it could just be such a great deal. I love Simon G rings and I want a RHR like this big time.

But it's just too wide for my hand, and it will be just a bit too tight for my right hand. It's 12mm and the size is 6.5 and it CANNOT be resized. The gal who owns it is getting rid of it because of that reason (the resizing, its too big for her)....

So as much as I would love to bid on it and maybe win, I would never wear it....so I figured that I'd throw this out here so another PS'er could maybe have a chance at it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5044855592http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5044855592&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

If you bid and/or win, let us know!! I would love to know someone who bought it, the seller seemed very friendly via email.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my God, Mara! That''s my auction! How nuts is that?? I saw the name "Mara" on the email but I didn''t connect it with Pricescope Mara!

It is a very wide ring on the hand. It took me a while to get used to wearing, and it also took me a while to get used to NOT wearing. After I lost a bunch of weight, it would just slide right off my finger, so it''s just sitting in my jewelry box.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
the joys of losing weight....losing jewelry....

wow, what a small world it is!

peace, movie zombie

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG what a small world Mrs. J!!

I really love that ring and have been thinking about it for days but it''s just not right for me. I thought, well even if I win it at a great price and I turn out to never wear it then it''s not really a deal right! ala mrs.salvo''s new signature line!

I hope another PS''er gets it, it''s a great ring and it would look great on the right hand!! Good luck...!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Mara and Mrs Jam, how many cream cakes do you think it will take for me to go from a 5.25 to a 6.5 and how quickly? I''m willing to try!!!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock

LOL, that is so funny!!! I have this ring too, by the way. Mine is a size 6 though, and I adore it. That''s too bad, Mrs. Jam, that you are letting it go. It is definitely not a ring for anyone who has average length fingers though. I have long fingers, and the ring is still a knuckle-to-knucle ring, but I like ''em big, so it works for me.

Hey Mara, I have seen this EXACT ring without the diamond eternity bands on the edges, just a plain metal band on each side. I may have save the pic if you are interested, just let me know. That would cut down on the width by a couple of mm (and the cost) but still give you the same look. My ring as well as the one without the diamond eternty bands on the edges came from 5th-ave-jewels. Every so often a Simon G or two will pop up there.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Simon G is BEAUTIFUL. The milgraining is absolutely magnificent. Very delicate and evenly done. Maybe I''m sheltered, but I''ve not seen anything else that good in our local stores and it rivals the work on my great aunt''s pieces she left me. I love the craftsmanship. Whoever gets this is a lucky gal.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
What are the chances of this? What a riot.

So Mrs Jam- what''s going to replace that beauty?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/25/2005 10:14:06 AM
Author: sevens one
What are the chances of this?

Probably excellent! Who else but our crowd would own and be looking on eBay for designer rings? It''s too big for me, but not because I lost weight. (I wish!) I''m a 6-on both hands-when I am at my heaviest. People keep telling me it''s unusual to have the same size ring finger on both hands, but I have always been able to switch a ring from one hand to the other. (This comes in handy when trying on rings in stores!)

It is a beautiful ring, though! Someone was looking for a very wide ring to wear on her index or middle finger in another thread, but she wanted plain gold. Still, I will PM her about this.

Deb

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ooh yummy... gorgeous ring! but alas i think this is one of those styles that i can only look at... it would take over my tiny hand!
3.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
That is such a funny coincidence! LOL.

I was just talking to Mara about that ring a few ago too. It''s such a beautiful ring, but it won''t look right on my hand. I don''t consider myself with short fingers, but it''ll definitely run up to my knuckles.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG it's still under $700 with an hour to go. Wonder what will happen.
5.gif
I'm still so tempted even though I know it won't fit, how bizarre is that! HAHA.

Deb, good point about a PS nut like myself scouring eBay for designer deals, tee hee. Actually Demelza found it for me!!

ETA: MiniMouse, actually for wide bands like this you should upsize. So for example if I wear a 6 normally, on a ring this wide I would get closer to a 7. When I was trying stacked rings on at the store, a 7.5 was fitting my hand comfortably and I normally wear about a 6.75 on my right hand finger. So the more width, the bigger the ring (so they say). I don't like it when these large rings squeeze the skin underneath.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/25/2005 2:30:57 PM
Author: Mara
OMG it''s still under $700 with an hour to go. Wonder what will happen.

Sometimes there is a bidder (there may be several bidders) using an automated pogram to "steal" the item at the last minute. Recently on eBay people have learned to use these so as not to drive up the price by bidding early.

Deb

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2005 2:37:33 PM
Author: AGBF

OMG it's still under $700 with an hour to go. Wonder what will happen.

Sometimes there is a bidder (there may be several bidders) using an automated pogram to 'steal' the item at the last minute. Recently on eBay people have learned to use these so as not to drive up the price by bidding early.

Deb
Yep Deb that is the only way I bid on eBay. Not using an automated program but I just wait til 40 seconds before it's over and then sneak in with my max. I'm interested to see what happens!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo, this is fun. reality internet at it''s best...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to go look up the word, "sniping". Sometimes now I cannot think of the word I mean. It is very frustrating! Try Auction Stealer and you won''t have to sit at the screen, waiting. One is allowed three free bids per week. You can then, "snipe" automatically!

Deb

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish it would fit me, but alas it would be too big. Darn it!!!
11.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
I sell Simon G. designs at my store and they are very beautiful. However that ring in particular I have tried on and it''s just too wide for my fingers, it almost goes up to my knuckle! But congrats to whoever ends up with it - it''s gorgeous!!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2005 2:38:54 PM

Date: 10/25/2005 2:37:33 PM

OMG it''s still under $700 with an hour to go. Wonder what will happen.

Sometimes there is a bidder (there may be several bidders) using an automated pogram to ''steal'' the item at the last minute. Recently on eBay people have learned to use these so as not to drive up the price by bidding early.

Deb
Yep Deb that is the only way I bid on eBay. Not using an automated program but I just wait til 40 seconds before it''s over and then sneak in with my max. I''m interested to see what happens!
I''m a sniper. I know some people feel it is cheating in a way, but it really does work. My bid goes in 5 seconds before the end of the auction. It has not failed me yet, unless the price goes higher than I''m willing to bid. I use www.auctionsniper.com for my snipes.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I sure am tempted - my fingers are long; I can probably wear that width. I''m not sure if 6.5 would be big enough at that width - but it might! (I know that a 4mm ring size 6 fits on my right hand.) But - my huband just bought me a ring set last month..... and I still need to upgrade the setting for my eng. diamond. sigh......

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well...given that this thread is full of eBay snipers, no one should be surprised that the ring went to a sniper! Someone had been watching it and had never bid, never shown her hand (that''s a pun...but unintended). Unless it was one of us? If the winner is a Pricescoper, will she please stand UP?

Deb

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2005 5:08:06 PM
Well...given that this thread is full of eBay snipers, no one should be surprised that the ring went to a sniper! Someone had been watching it and had never bid, never shown her hand (that''s a pun...but unintended). Unless it was one of us? If the winner is a Pricescoper, will she please stand UP?

Deb
LOL.
9.gif
9.gif

Whoever it was got one SWEET deal.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was too small for me...otherwise I seriously would have bid on it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results