shape
carat
color
clarity

Bean is MARRIED!

I won't have pictures for a while but everything went great except for a few weird in-law things...

I have to share this, but my MIL said this at the grooms dinner in front of everyone,
"Well, our Guests were slow, and the service even slower" ---- we had 2 people come an hour late to dinner because their kid got sick and I absolutely don't think our service was slow! She also had a mini melt-down because she wanted X amount of tea-lights on the table and there were only Y amount of lights.... When I heard her say that my mouth dropped open....

The only thing she said to me on the wedding day was "I'm glad I brought a blanket"

The BEST line from the wedding was when our photographer told DH :love: to go in for a romantic kiss--- he really went for it and my dad yelled, "HEY! That's my daughter!" and DH yells back, "Hey! That's my wife!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

After all of the stressful posts I've made in the last few months, basically nothing went wrong the day of the wedding. It was seriously a breeze.

Oh, I also told everyone not to cry, so I wouldn't cry and of course I was bawling my eyes out as the doors opened for me to walk down the aisle :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
bean said:
The BEST line from the wedding was when our photographer told DH :love: to go in for a romantic kiss--- he really went for it and my dad yelled, "HEY! That's my daughter!" and DH yells back, "Hey! That's my wife!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

After all of the stressful posts I've made in the last few months, basically nothing went wrong the day of the wedding. It was seriously a breeze.

Oh, I also told everyone not to cry, so I wouldn't cry and of course I was bawling my eyes out as the doors opened for me to walk down the aisle :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Bean, I'm so glad everything went much better than you were anticipating!!! I guess when one is prepared for the worst, anything better than that is surprisingly easy!

I LOVE what your dad and DH said! And I can't wait for pictures!!! Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Bean! :appl:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Congrats bean!!

Man your MIL is a piece of work but seems like she caused minimal damage on the day

So glad your day went well.

Your DH is hilarious!

Looking forward to the pics :appl:

Do you feel different now that you're married?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bean said:
I won't have pictures for a while but everything went great except for a few weird in-law things...

I have to share this, but my MIL said this at the grooms dinner in front of everyone,
"Well, our Guests were slow, and the service even slower" ---- we had 2 people come an hour late to dinner because their kid got sick and I absolutely don't think our service was slow! She also had a mini melt-down because she wanted X amount of tea-lights on the table and there were only Y amount of lights.... When I heard her say that my mouth dropped open....

The only thing she said to me on the wedding day was "I'm glad I brought a blanket"

The BEST line from the wedding was when our photographer told DH :love: to go in for a romantic kiss--- he really went for it and my dad yelled, "HEY! That's my daughter!" and DH yells back, "Hey! That's my wife!!" :lol: :lol: :lol: After all of the stressful posts I've made in the last few months, basically nothing went wrong the day of the wedding. It was seriously a breeze.

Awesome :bigsmile:

CONGRATS bean!!! It does like everything went very well, much better than expected - which must be a relief! :appl: :appl:

Can't wait to see pictures!!!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to Mr and Mrs. Bean, so glad things went well. Waiting patiently for pics....... :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
congratulations-I am so glad everything turned out well! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I'm really really glad that everything turned out well, Bean!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Get those pics up ASAP!

A

Anonymous

Congratulations!!! :appl: Priceless exchange between your dad and your DH! :lol:

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Bean! I'm so happy that the day went well for you and your new husband! Can't wait to see the pictures! :appl:

Also, I too am very very glad that your MIL brought a blanket. Imagine the nightmare if she had been the slightest bit cold! :rolleyes:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats and can't wait to see pictures!! So glad MIL didn't cause a huge stink and hopefully in the joy of the day, that was all but forgotten!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Decogirl said:
Congrats to Mr and Mrs. Bean, so glad things went well. Waiting patiently for pics....... :appl:

ditto!

congrats, bean...hope we don't have to wait to long!!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!! You're Mrs. Bean now! Sounds like you had a lovely day, aside from the MIL stuff... But please share more details!! (Oh. And photos. Lots! ;-) )

Congrats to both you and your DH!

A few details:

I slept less than 3 hours the night before the wedding. I looked like complete crap but the make-up artist did well!!

Our dinner was 2 hours and about 15 mins long. In that time of the 28 people there, 2 of them ordered 16 drinks (8 each) between themselves. We opted just to pay for open drinks because we thought... OK who would really order an insane amount of drinks/ type of drinks in 2 hours? I guess future brides can learn from this. And it's not even the money, it's that I feel that one of the two people did this because they were pissed at me (yeah, I know who it is from what drinks it was). I KNOW it sounds crazy, but this person was pouting all friggen day, left immediately, and then stood us up on our post-wedding party. :rolleyes: I just remember thinking this person always had a drink/ shot in front of them.. but I thought it was the same one! Nope... 8 different ones. OMG I would be so plowed after that.

During the wedding my two bridesmaids walked down the aisle, then the doors closed again so I could be positioned in front of the doors and they would open again. I guess DH thought I had RAN because it took a while. IN the video you can seem him look over at the girls with this look of "WTH????!!" When the doors opened he saw my dad first and thought "OH NO.. she left" but then he saw me and the rest is history :roll: boys :roll:

Bachelor party. Well, it was rated a 10 from every guy that attended. I guess every guy had his own dancer, except Dh who had two- the entire night. I guess they were also in a room that had a glass ceiling that had dancers above, too. They had VIP rooms/ dom perignon and vodka all night. Two of the guys ended up puking their guts out. Several thousand was spent and everyone was happy. Meanwhile, 5 of the 6 people that went to MY party left before 11pm. We had about $100 in drinks between everyone and everyone looked miserable so I told them they could go if they wanted. So they did. It was probably the worst time I've ever had, and felt completely alone at my own party... because I basically was. I guess a few ladies also got into arguments/ fights because of the bachelor party as well. In my opinion, it was too much and I'm not happy about it. I guess I'm glad DH had fun but it was like all of these guys went nuts because they had unlimited funds (seriously) and could do WHATEVER they wanted without the GFs/ wives around. I would probably do a joint party if I could go back and change it.

Oh also, after everyone left, my MOH wanted to go to where the guys were. DH (ok, FI at the time) said it was ok, but some guy in-line (at another club/ bar) over heard us and told us not to go. So we didn't. Thank god.

Anyway... It's over. Glad to be husband and wife now.

Oh and I should have pictures in 3 weeks or so.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your marriage! The exchange between your dad and husband was a complete hoot. Glad to hear that you had a wonderful wedding.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm SO HAPPY for you Bean! Congratulations!! :appl:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bean! I'm glad it was ok for the most part! I want more details! Where was dinner? Etc etc etc!

Thanks everyone!!

Freke... I ended up going with Jason for pictures- I can NOT wait to get those. I am so so soooo glad that I went through him (thanks to you!) and wish I would've done a whole day package.. too late now!

Dinner was at... Burger Bar. It's located in Mandalay Place. Everyone LOOOOVED their food. One person commented that they thought it would be closer to "chilis" type food but that it was much better ;-) I really did not want to have it there because the space was the opposite of private or semi-private.. and then with the extra last minute guests some people had to sit at booths... but it all worked out. Though, I think someone got steak sauce on the bottom of my dress.. or someone was bleeding quite a bit.

It was absolutely packed in there!! There was also a few couples at a booth directly behind my chair and they kept on clanking their glasses so we would kiss. 8) I'm very very shy so I'm sure I"m blushing in a lot of pictures!!

I got my make-up and hair done at ARCS... totally worth the money! They were very very quick but everything looked great.

Oh and then the grooms dinner was at TENDER steak house (in luxor). I enjoyed it very much! I don't eat much meat but my filet mignon was great. MIL also had beautiful bouquets made up and gave a bunch of them away (my aunt, mom, me, BM's, and then one of the mystery guests). They were roses and gerber daisies and something purple. They were so pretty but very very heavy-- which then I had to haul to my hotel room-- in the west towers-- while splashing water on me. I did enjoy the luxor hotel- a BM was staying in the pyramid and it wasn't very nice. I don't recommend it. We had a (tower luxury) suite which are not the nicest room I've ever stayed in, but if you can spend an extra $70 a night- I would do that.

The other thing is that after dinner (wedding) I was expecting all of us (at least friends/ close family) to go out together- since we discussed this. Nope. Everyone ditched. I am still so angry about it... I was actually left up in my hotel room- alone- for a few hours. My parents, siblings, family took a taxi downtown, and DH was entertaining two of his guests that wanted to gamble, while MY guests starting pouting. Two said they would be "right back" and then ever came back and never answered their phones, and another said she wanted to go to another hotel to another bar and wouldn't do anything else- so she left. I mean... what the heck :?: Weddings REALLY show you how people can act.

And really, the best part though, was getting to marry my best friend. It's corny, I know... but that's all that matters. We watched our video and I cried, again.

Oh, I also was tempted to sell my dress.. I still might but I'm really attached to it now and think I'll keep it...

OK one more thing Freke, do you remember when you told me about the Cashman Photography prices? I did not have the same options as you.. I basically had three choices (or mix and match)

A La Carte Menu Package
-Master photo CD with copyright
-all 4x6 prints (that were already made?)
-1 Large specialty print
- 2- 8x10 in fram
-thank you cards (I think there were 20 or 25)
-6x8 story book album (which they spelled our last name wrong so I didn't bother to even look at it- at the lady who was "helping" us was very accusatory and rude when she asked how the name could be wrong (we explained HIS last name is hyphenated) and she then looked at him and asked WHY he would hyphenate HIS name.. lol
Anyway, that package was $1725

Gallery Package
- Photo CD COPY
-all 4x6 pictures (50 maybe?)
-1 large print
-2 8x10s, framed
-thank you cards
-story book
$861.75

Delux Package
-all remaining prints
-2- 8x10 color or enhanced pictures-no frame
-large print- no frame
-thank you cards
- story book
$577.96

THEN, in addition each 4x6 PRINT was $10 a piece, $12 for B&W, and $13 for enhanced :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The lady working with us first commented on my ring, and then in the same breath told me to "go all out, I mean, this is YOUR WEDDING" Yeah, please, like I didn't do that already??? I really did not like her, so I just grabbed my included prints (12) and left. Some of them were honestly terrible too. I had my hair off to one side and the "portrait" shots done directly after the wedding in the studio does not show my hair or the hair piece I had. lol I grew my hair out for almost two whole years for this and you couldn't even see it. Also, I'm 5'4 and DH is 6'1 and some of the pictures he looks like he is TOWERING over me, I look almost like a child bride... :lol: :lol: anyway... if they go cheaper I might get some but I was not impressed with them to buy the small prints at $10 a pop... so glad I had another person doing photography after the wedding.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I can't WAIT to see your pics! Sorry your MIL is such a pain.

I LOVE Burger Bar. There is a second one here in St. Louis. Hubert Keller is a genius. Tell me you had a cheesecake burger at the end!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gah! I've been spazzing out with work lately, so I just made it back over here. Love Burger Bar, and I went to Robert Cromeans in MB, but from what I understand, ARCS is A Robert Cromeans Salon. Literally. Lol.

I wasn't a huge fan of the Luxor pyramid rooms either, although its HUGE. We seemed to get a weird echo all night from the people below.

I'm glad you liked Jason. He's a really nice guy.

As for Cashmans.....We went $200 over with pictures that we got the day after the wedding, but I'm glad we did, because we got a ton of bigger photos (5x6+). One thing you should know is that we just got contacted by Cashman to buy everything (disc w/ copyright, all of our pics in 4x6 form) for 50% off. So they originally wanted $1,200+ and we went ahead and bought it for $600, including shipping. So you might want to consider that when the time comes.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Bean!

Can't wait to see your pics! :appl:

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Yeah! I had no clue.

So I hope you had a wondeful time and are enjoying being a Mrs.

Best wishes!

Thanks everyone! Still no pictures.. but hopefully soon.

Being a MRS. is great! ;-) Some people from our condo knocked on the door to ask DH a question :) He was taking a shower so I talked to them about an issue when they said, "So how does DH feel about this?" and I said "He feels the way I feel about it!" :lol: :lol: I just feel like a lot of our choices are more united now. Feels good.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results